Souji Seta

Yu-Gi-Oh Survey On The Current State Of The Game

Souji Seta    673

Hey DGz. I'll keep this brief, but I'm just gathering information on what everyone thinks about the game as it is right now. So I made a short survey to see the collective thoughts of the community. If you guys could help fill it out, it'd be greatly appreciated.

https://goo.gl/forms/oHcO5ngTEyM6gIPy2

• Upvote 2

Me.    57

" Are you satisfied with the current state of the game? "

A clarification on what you mean with "the current state of the game" would be nice.

" Do you prefer drawing five or six cards going first? "

I'm fairly certain that everyone would prefer drawing six cards going first (they just wouldn't prefer their opponent to do so).

" What are your thoughts on strong combo decks?  "

Would be nice if you also defined "strong combo deck" so we're sure we mean the same thing.

" What are your thoughts on trap heavy control decks? "

Same thing here. Is monarch a control deck? Is it trap heavy if it runs 4 traps? Is kirin turbo a control deck? Is demise kozmo control? Is pk fire with fog blades and anti-spells as only traps trap heavy? etc.

" How often would you want to see the Forbidden/Limited list? "

I'd want to be able to see it at any point in time. Can't find that option as an alternative though. Why would I limit myself to only look at it "three months often"?

"

How do you want to transition into the next format? 

"

How big of a change is a complete revamp?

What's the difference between continuation with major changes and a complete revamp? And what's the difference between major and minor changes?

"

What are your thoughts on how Konami is handling current booster sets? 

"

These answers aren't actually helpful in any way without asking specifically which part you agree/disagree with.

"

Would a mulligan be healthy for the game? 

"

What does "healthy for the game" mean?

"

What is your favorite summoning method? 

"

Why the fuck is this obligatory?

I'm really having a touch time answering this survey because you're not making it clear what you're asking about, nor what the options actually mean.

• Upvote 1

Digbick    7271

do you lack reading comprehension? 

• Upvote 6

Me.    57
1 minute ago, RZR_DigbickThePickleMan said:

do you lack reading comprehension? 

I lack definitions for buzzwords like "state of the game", "combo deck", "control deck", "trap heavy".

I have a vague understanding of roughly what he means with them, but I can't guarantee accurate answers off that.

Souji Seta    673

1. I think current state is pretty self-explanatory. Do you enjoy how the game is at the moment? Does anything bother you when playing? Etc.

2. That's the point of the quest. Are you ok with drawing six as long as your opponent can also have that opportunity? Or do you prefer both drawing five going first? 

3. Strong combo decks include Nekroz, Shaddoll, D/D/D, Synchro variants, Dragon Ruler, etc. 

4. Qliphort, PKBA with traps, Demise Kozmo, HAT, anything that puts in three anti-spells or mistakes during Nekroz format plus a million other traps, etc.

5. I mean, the question is really just asking how many months do you want between lists giving you certain options that make sense.

6. End of Nats Dragon Ruler format would be a complete revamp, for example. Lots of things get banned, lots of things come back. Major changes would be something like key cards getting hit from the best decks, making them playable, but not nearly as strong at all. Minor changes would be that these decks are hit, but still the best decks overall. 

7. That's what the short response is for. Regardless, if you're in a way satisfied with the boosters, you pick that. If you're not, you pick the other option. That's why they're called mixed feelings.

8. Would benefit the game and make it more enjoyable.

9. To not forget that the point of the game is to have fun.

Are you satisfied now? 

EDIT: Some recent results. http://imgur.com/a/ZkjaJ

• Upvote 1

Fullerene60    382

Its nice that you did a survey, but I think Me.'s critizisms are warranted.
The questions you asked used terms that were far too broad to give an accurate answer.

Example being; control decks.
Some people will read it and go OOoOO I loved playing a trap heavy dino rabbit deck because the mirrors required great resource management!
Some people will think AHhhh, I loved playing gravekeepers in a plant format, I got lots of easy wins, they have lots of traps and necrovalley would control the game!
-It wouldnt be hard to argue that these decks are NOT true control, when you ask the community to absolve to a buzzword you wont get the info youre looking for unless youre more descriptive.

Instead of falling on an easy buzzword, try delving deeper on HOW the game is enjoyable.
Describe core mechanics and card designs that you think people might or might not enjoy, that way there wont be ambiguity and the person taking the survey can give you accurate info.

Even in your follow up post you couldnt even define it accurately, just because something uses floodgates, DOES NOT make it a control deck.
Most of the time the deck that gets easy wins off of a floodgate are aggro decks at their core  (PKBA).
A "true" control deck is something that incrementally generates advantage while using other cards as removal, thus controlling the state of the game.