ACP

How to tell a girl you're NOT stalking her?

+Gojira    1706

The trigger warning and safe space thing is just baffling to me. I mean, how thin can someone's skin be? The people who are actually oppressed/discriminated against will know that having a "safe place" isn't going to solve the problem, nor is closing their eyes to it through "warnings".

For the topic at hand, is it not possible to go a block to the side and take a roundabout route if you see her? Maybe it'll add 10-15 mins to your walk, but that's inconsequential.

»Satchmo    3220

couple things:

I've been in situations where I''ve been walking behind someone for an extended period of time. People get a lot more terrified when you're skin is brown when this happens =/. Although honestly, she's not gonna be actually fearing for her life unless she continually sees you following her over multiple days. So try to avoid her in the future, I guess.

Also, Trigger Warnings and safe spaces are ok, within reason. Honestly, trigger warnings are already a part of society long before this shit happened, it's what parental advisory labels and movie ratings are effectively. And obviously people should have the right to not feel uncomfortable in a place they'd otherwise feel unsafe (ie with friends or a school club). Although I don't think there's a place for restricitve safe spaces in the classroom, because that stifles discussion.

EDIT: I also don't think trigger warnings should be a requirement for individual or personal projects, or even expected of someone. You don't owe the world to tell them your tumblr fanfic post includes rape if you aren't making any money off of it. Same goes for "potentially triggering" facebook posts, twitter etc etc, or even in open classroom discussion.

• Upvote 4

Fortunately feminism and gun ownership rarely intersect so if she actually was packing she would assume the more rational situation of "this guy happens to be walking to the same place". Feminists generally believe they shouldn't have to do anything to protect themselves.

Me.    58

USA sounds pretty fucked up, your best chance at avoiding this is to just move to Europe.

• Upvote 4

+scuzzlebutt    23484

lol stand your ground making it unsafe to literally be any sort of human being at all

• Upvote 4

Jazz    5327

You need to wear these to make your true intentions clear:

s-l1000.jpg

sfp-game-tips-e3-2016-pokemon-go-getting-its-w-001.jpg

• Upvote 1

»ACP    33417

Ideally, I would want to be a citizen of New Zealand, but that's a lot easier said than done. Moving to another country is very difficult. All of these countries don't want us filthy stupid Americans coming there and taking their jobs.

• Upvote 4

Me.    58
1 minute ago, Jazz said:

You need to wear these to make your true intentions clear:

s-l1000.jpg

sfp-game-tips-e3-2016-pokemon-go-getting-its-w-001.jpg

CIyUm13.jpg

• Upvote 6

+rei+    34654
4 minutes ago, ACP said:

Ideally, I would want to be a citizen of New Zealand, but that's a lot easier said than done. Moving to another country is very difficult. All of these countries don't want us filthy stupid Americans coming there and taking their jobs.

NZ seems awesome, that`s prob the correct answer for the `where to move`question

»ACP    33417

If any of you Canadians/Europeans/Australians/New Zealanders want to marry me so that I can get citizenship in your country, let me know. I promise that I won't stalk you or any of the other natives.

Me.    58
4 minutes ago, ACP said:

If any of you Canadians/Europeans/Australians/New Zealanders want to marry me so that I can get citizenship in your country, let me know. I promise that I won't stalk you or any of the other natives.

Not sure if I should... Probably not.

Me.    58

Couldn't you get into a country through its universities and go from there?

»ACP    33417
10 minutes ago, Me. said:

Couldn't you get into a country through its universities and go from there?

I think Germany is the only country that will let foreign students go to its post-grad programs for free or close to free. Most of these places want us rich Americans to pay up.

Besides, I'm going to finish school in less than a year, at age 26. I really wouldn't feel like just going back for another degree just to be able to work in Europe. That's way too much effort.

+Gojira    1706

I've been to Germany only once, and I stayed in a podunk town with cobbled streets. My hotel was also the brewery for the town, so my alarm clock in the morning was the clanking of bottles as they loaded trucks with them. Good enough wifi to play mtgo back when the beta was real shit. The food was unreal, especially the ice cream, of which i still haven't found better. There was a general supply store a block down that stocked every major card game.

Fucking dream town, only way it could be better would be having a beach nearby.

• Upvote 1

»ACP    33417

Ok, so what you're saying is that I should've gone to grad school in Germany instead of Florida. Well, that's good to know. Perhaps if I had anticipated accidentally psuedo-stalking someone and needing to vacate America as a result, I would've made a different decision, but it's a bit late at this point.

• Upvote 2

Ynusgridorh    142

My parents live in Frankfurt and I often go there for vacations. Very nice town with lots of English speakers.

(Though my mother recently said to me she no longer feel safe going out alone at night.)

+rei+    34654

come on real talk what gun do i buy

• Upvote 1

Wumbologist    14204

She may not have even noticed you at all. If she did, she could probably tell that you were coming from school too and weren't just a strange man who popped up from the bushes. She was walking in front of you the whole time, with headphones on, and never said a word to you. I don't know how you can say she was "clearly freaked out" unless she started running frantically for her car. Saying something to her would be creepy and I think trying to walk super fast to get ahead of her would be weird too. If anything, I would slow way down and let her get far away from me. 

»Digbick    7257

I think next time if you and the girl are walking at the same time, you should stop and pretend to check on your phone. That might lead the girl to think youre not a stalker

+scuzzlebutt    23484

listen here

bitch

i'm not stalking u ok

u got that

dont call the cops

im not a stalker

im watching u dont call thsoe fuckin cops

• Upvote 2

»ACP    33417

On a sidenote, shoutout to @Satchmo for being basically the only person to post a well thought out, serious reply ITT.

• Upvote 1

»Noelle    5847
On 4/30/2014 at 6:27 PM, Junior Bucks said:

Me knowing I have probably just 10 minutes to talk during breaks, and exam ending before going home I just thought of everything i did watched and went through this year thinking yolo and on our way to the bathrooms I literally tap on the wall and say "Look we could light this fire between us, come with me and touch my penus!" I don't know, she still hasn't just felt like she really wanted to 'talk'. So did i even make the friendzone?

• Upvote 2

»Satchmo    3220
5 hours ago, ACP said:

On a sidenote, shoutout to @Satchmo for being basically the only person to post a well thought out, serious reply ITT.

TBT, I didn't wanna miss a chance to contribute to another legendary thread. 

oliver?    690

im from new zealand and this thread isn't making me jealous of america at all :[[

• Upvote 3