Digbick

YCS Anahiem Nov 26

+mark    3004

Does this mean ygo tournaments are still as big - or big again - but people just dont like args anymore, or are there reasons why this ycs is so big specifically? Also is 11-round swiss with top 32 normal with that much players? I mean NAWCQ is another thing altogether, but that has top 64 almost always, so top 32 with almost 2000 players seems a bit odd tbh. 

+ACP+    33981

When I was last playing ygo competitively, YCSs this big were totally normal for a major US city. There used to be a time when 3K+-person YCSs in Cali were almost a guaranteed thing. A 1700-person YCS in Cali is probably about average in 2016, but in 2012 this would've been significantly below expectations.

Ftr though, you need to hit 2049 players before you get to 12 swiss rounds+top64.

• Upvote 4

Mr Dragon    297

FYI this is actually the third biggest YCS ever (according to Konami).  After, I assume, YCS Long Beach (4300 people) and SJC Edison (2100 people).

+Gojira    1712
2 hours ago, Mr Dragon said:

FYI this is actually the third biggest YCS ever (according to Konami).  After, I assume, YCS Long Beach (4300 people) and SJC Edison (2100 people).

Long beach was 4 years ago, not sure Konami should be proud of not breaking that record yet.

+mmf    23225

Congratulations to Elvis Vu, winner of YCS Anaheim 2016 with his Brilliant ABC deck!

Frogs would have had it if not for that brutal Pot desires. WU opened way too slow, banishing all 3 dupes sealed it really.

i like how it was one of the biggest events ever yet only 20 people stuck around for the final.

Live stream wasnt bad, 2-4000 viewers or so.

Edited by Ultimate Buffalo