Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blacklisted

Dimensional Boundary

4 posts in this topic

Declare 1 monster card type (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Pendulum); this turn, neither player can Special Summon monsters of the declared type, also negate the effects of face-up monsters on the field of the declared type while they are on the field. You can only activate 1 "Dimensional Boundary" per turn.

So this cards coming out soon without discussion on it yet and besides the fact its completely blowout and non-interactive when you resolve it, it also has the issue that its a trap making it slow. It'll probably win you the game if you resolve it but is it better than Solemn Strike? Obviously it's playable in trap heavy demise decks but here's hoping Demise gets deleted from the game in the upcoming f/l Lists.

But when you consider the card in non trap decks it has the paradox where it's only good going first and even then you're already 1 card down so you'll have 1 less card to combo with, do you really want another?

So yeah this card's best fit I would agree is in a trap heavy Demise type deck but I could see this being relegated to the side deck if as you say, "Demise gets deleted from the game". I mean the card is like a Shock Master in trap form if you get the effect off it will always help put you in a good position.

The card sees a great deal of play in the OCG. I think Solemn Strike is better but one of the main advantages this card has is that it's chainable. I'm sure everybody will be maining and siding Twin Twisters over here, and maybe that new Cosmic Cyclone spell as well so being able to chain this and get value is a really useful interaction. Not to mention it wont lose to Sliprider outside of your endphase. Overall I think the card is really good and will probably see a good deal of play in the TCG.

its kind of underwhelming for a side card but like d.d. crow since it can still be used against a lot of stuff, its worth considering. if you side this going first its sort of like siding a virus. viruses are the gold standard for side decked traps imo since they can be chained/used immediately, and have such power. but not all decks are d/d or darklords and can easily side viruses and tcg only has 1 eradicator. so dimension barrier seems next in line to be the best side decked trap.

but its amazing as a maindeck card if its good vs the entire meta. ocg is not using it as much anymore cuz of decks like darklords and komzos. time will tell if it will be mained a lot here, but im betting yes.