Pengwan

For anyone still interested in getting into the TCG

»Pengwan    7723

keldeo-rayquaza-battle-arena-deck.jpg

these came out this week, should be available in any store that carries TCG product. Retail is $30 in most places, you get 2 complete decks in each kit

For example here's what you would have thats relevant out of 2 kits

14441100_986277161482876_369393597086787

14354955_986277198149539_666001832378153

14358624_986277218149537_340215487406480

VS Seekers were about $32 a playset before this, 4 of staple

Sycamore is a 4 of, you get 4 per kit

Float Stones, N, Lysandre, are all good value and played in almost everything

Keldeo/Rayquaza are solid for expanded format

The Octillery is the next best thing if you don't want to completely buy in and get Shaymins

You pretty much have everything to build a deck out of 1-2 of these kits except for Shaymins and whatever EX you decide to build around

• Upvote 5

Grimey    8113

Just bought 2 of these on PTCGO and it set me up pretty nicely. I had most of the staples before this so I traded them off for Steam packs (cause everything you get from these tins is trade locked, rip), and kept everything from the tins. 

Battle Compressor and Karen are also really awesome cards to get if you play Expanded. 

• Upvote 1

Azzaw    64

Damn

I guess I shoudve done more research. Just wasted like 30 bucks on PF VS seekers because I needed them

Might still pick up for the other staples

• Upvote 1

»Digbick    7258

WHOA thats some value goddam

Lancer    96

I picked up a pair of these to play with my buddy. It seems that straight out of the box, the Keldo deck is a lot stronger than the Rayquaza deck. Is that right, or are we missing something? I'm more interested in playing inexpensive house games than getting into the meta at the moment.

Grimey    8113
Just now, Lancer said:

I picked up a pair of these to play with my buddy. It seems that straight out of the box, the Keldo deck is a lot stronger than the Rayquaza deck. Is that right, or are we missing something? I'm more interested in playing inexpensive house games than getting into the meta at the moment.

Keldeo deck is 100% stronger than Rayquaza 

• Upvote 2

Warthog    165

This is coming from someone that has never played but which Shaymin are you guys referring to?

Grimey    8113
1 hour ago, Warthog said:

This is coming from someone that has never played but which Shaymin are you guys referring to?

Shaymin EX 

The one with the ability "Set Up" which lets you draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand when it's placed on the bench. 

• Upvote 1

»Pengwan    7723
On 09/24/2016 at 0:49 AM, Human Tetherball said:

I've been meaning to get into the Pokemon TCG, will these sets stick around in stores or online or should I grab a pair ASAP?

They may stick around for a month but after that they get prettt difficult to find in stores, Ive never seen any of the previous Battle Arenas left in store whereas older tins/packs/etc always still seem to be there

• Upvote 2

Grimey    8113

Kind of unrelated but I only bought 1 thing of these tins (1 Keldeo/1 Rayquaza) for PTCGO. When you claim this stuff it becomes untradeable. Now for some reason I have x2 (technically x3) of every card in the Keldeo tin AND IT IS TRADEABLE. 

??? 

Can someone explain? I have 2 Octillery now and 4 Keldeo, 4 Blastoise, 6 Squirtles etc.. all tradeable. 

knives1990    262

Haven't played Pokemon since I was a child, what is this trade lock you're referring to (Google seems to show the online game having that, but these are physical cards?) and also is the game expensive in general to play casually/or competitively

Grimey    8113
9 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

Haven't played Pokemon since I was a child, what is this trade lock you're referring to (Google seems to show the online game having that, but these are physical cards?) and also is the game expensive in general to play casually/or competitively

Trade locked is a PTCGO term. There's no physical way any card game could prohibit you from trading in real life haha 

The game is extremely cheap. I invested $20 into the game online (PTCGO), and now have 4 top tier decks. The only issue is that there is a staple card (Shaymin-EX), bordering 40+ dollars and every deck can benefit from it. You're fine without them but it's obviously an advantage to have some. 

PTCGO, the online version of the game, is pretty casual. It's a good 50/50, you'll run into people who have no idea what they're doing and then you'll run into people who will steam roll you in advantage. The first being much more likely, especially as you just begin. The game is pretty easy to grasp and much easier to play than yugioh (imo).