markus

Mom

markus    2070

I'm just going to start by giving an example. I don't remember too much of it but this is what happened this morning.

So it's about 7am, I woke up a couple hours ago because I'm trying to actually get to school now, my mom has just woken up and is shit talking my younger brother when I'm about to head off for school. This type of thing just makes me feel upset. I don't like how she just talks shit to everyone and just constantly resonates negativity and rage. She's telling my brother some insulting way to wake up, and she's screaming, like she does every day, and I simply say: "Mom, can you calm down? You don't need to be so negative." and that's where things change, she says "Markus, if you don't like it, get the fuck out of my house, go live on the streets like we used to." or something along those lines, and then something about how I can't tell her what to do, which I guess I can understand, but she's being pretty extreme. I try calming her down or just going with whatever she says but she's just terrible regardless, and now she's insulting me and trying to make me feel bad, and then I got angry and said some things.

I can't really finish this thread because I'm in class. I can edit it later or post about other things, rant some more, which will probably be best. Cya.

FVFRYTHFNG    343

Sounds like she has Borderline Personality Disorder from everything I've heard about her from you over the months, assuming she isn't diagnosed with anything else.

markus    2070
5 hours ago, PSY-Framelord Kappa said:

Sounds like she has Borderline Personality Disorder from everything I've heard about her from you over the months, assuming she isn't diagnosed with anything else.

iirc, she has "PTSD", "personality disorder", and "borderline bipolar" which I don't know if those are all correct terms, but I'm going to assume she might have things similar to what she says. idk. i vaguely remember a conversation about this but she never brought it up like it was something serious. she doesn't ever mention it like she had a disorder.

she was molested as a child, raped, ex drug addict, and a couple other things.

22 minutes ago, Markus. said:

iirc, she has "PTSD", "personality disorder", and "borderline bipolar" which I don't know if those are all correct terms, but I'm going to assume she might have things similar to what she says. idk. i vaguely remember a conversation about this but she never brought it up like it was something serious. she doesn't ever mention it like she had a disorder.

she was molested as a child, raped, ex drug addict, and a couple other things.

I dearly hope she sees or has seen a therapist. Those sound like serious issues to me. 

»ACP    33376

I don't care what she has, but it's not good for your mental health to be living with her.

Idk how old you are or what your situation is, but once you get a good stable job, you should cut her off imo.

I don't talk to my dad at all anymore and he was kinda the same way. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

So basically my advice is just try to get by and be as unconfrontational as possible until you can leave for good.

• Upvote 1

markus    2070

Yeah Allen I really don't feel safe here and desperately want a new home. Not being confrontational sounds like a good idea. Basically just dealing with what she does, being quiet about it, avoiding and so on. I think that can make things not get escalated, but the problems happen a lot. I've already thought if I would cut off my family and I'm pretty certain my immediate family isn't going to be in my adult life. This all kinda sucks though. I've even contemplated asking someone to hit me so I can blame her for it. I get rash thoughts like that that I brush off a lot, and I definitely won't go through with, but I seriously hate her half to death. Fuck.

SSJ Grumpig    5618

yeah p much what allen said. my dad is a huge piece of work and he didn't calm down until i cut off all contact with him for several years. just do your best to keep your head low, don't start or fan any massive drama that will cause further pain, and know that it's not about you - damaged people have a tendency to damage other people. the best thing to do is to create distance as soon as possible

• Upvote 1

Berdversary    181

It doesn't seem you have any attachment to your mother so it should be easier to cut ties. I was in a similar situation but there were emotional complications when leaving since I had misgivings about leaving her on her own.

My solution was to save enough money (I planned this 2 years ahead as I was waiting for my younger brother to turn 18) to get me and my brother out of there ASAP, move to a completely different city, and purchase new phones so she couldn't contact me. I didn't do this on my own, I had some support (the drive there, looking for housing etc) so that would be the first step: finding people to confide in (in my example it was a combination of people I met at church/social events)

I can definitely attest that I'm in a better place and most people don't even know I had problems with my parents in the first place since you'd be starting anew. Time away has given me enough to internalize all these issues and focus on myself.

• Upvote 1

markus    2070

as im posting this she's literally describing how she would murder my step father. i honestly have no idea what to do. 

Me.    72
20 minutes ago, Markus. said:

as im posting this she's literally describing how she would murder my step father. i honestly have no idea what to do. 

Hide under the bed.

+Digbick    7226

MURDER UR DAD AND UR MOM

Me.    72

Being serious, if you're going to actually do something about it you only really have 3 options:

1. tell the police

2. tell your stepfather so he can tell the police

3. murder your mother

4. murder your stepfather, since your mother can't kill a corpse