• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
Me.

YCS Prague 2017

64 posts in this topic

I was going to go this weekend, But alas money etc. Look out for Hanif Moradi mate of mine is going, should do well hopefully.

well

21 hours ago, ACP said:

You misunderstand. I was meaning to clarify that I am a top in regards to my sexual preferences, and I will not sleep with anyone age 33 or older.

32 Image result for joey wheeler creepy chin

So did anything interesting at all happen at this tournament?

na mate Hanif scrubbed to stun and burn cheese :(

Billy Brake 32nd at round 6 , not sure how many it went to, so guess have to see.

Rank Full Name Points

1 Beirach, Shaul 18

2 sakrak, ceylan 18

3 Jungclaus, Simon 18

4 Russell, Ben 18

5 Sadiki, Eldin 18

6 Schmidt, Patrick 18

7 Quintavalle, Giorgio 18

8 Pacchiana, Paolo 18

9 Dursun, Adrian 18

10 Heim, Moritz 18

11 Nivens, Dominic 18

12 Roma, Lorenzo 18

13 Stutz, Ralph 18

14 Zuccato, Fabio 18

15 Czora, Kai 18

16 Neven, Raphael 16

17 Fabini, Danilo 16

18 Papadakis, Kostas 16

19 Romero, Anwar 16

20 Spitzner, Florian 16

21 Papagni, John-Michael 16

22 Rose, Harald 16

23 Guaragna, Pasquale 16

24 Gkyzis, Themistokles 16

25 Fleck, Steffen 16

26 Gordienko, Dimitrie 16

27 Schmidt, Joschua 15

28 Carelli, Elia 15

29 Cricchio, Cristian 15

30 Khan Jadoon, Imran 15

31 vale, Anthony 15

32 Billy Brake

I hope Billy Brake wins again! He's my hero. Show those Europeans who's boss.

If Billy Brake wins another YCS I hope Hoban retires out of shame and we can finally all come together and admit that he's the GOAT.

Patrick has contributed so much more to the game than billy has, comparing event wins would be pointless

Posted (edited)

Went 4-3 drop. I played a pure Zoo list with mained Lullaby and Flying "C" (and most importantly, 1 copy of Ramram - which is broken). Deck was insane but I took 2 losses to random Maxx C/Dimensional Barrier/Metalfoe-going-first shit and I misplayed against the mirror once out of the 4 I played and it (deservedly) cost me the match. 

Probably just going to look around Prague or some shit tomorrow.

Edited by Mr Dragon

flying c lmao

8 hours ago, mmf said:

flying c lmao

The only time it didn't straight up win the mirror was the one where I fucked up anyway. The guy won by using Chain Disappearance on it.

i guess no one ever drew barrage in your mirrors then

Deck-top32.jpg

The Deck with the highest conversion rate by far is Infernoid Zoodiac. The Deck started with 59 Decks and now there are 7 of them in the Top 32. Paleozoics are making a strong showing yet again. Combined there are 9 Decks in Top 32. Zoodiac also brought nine Decks into the Top 32. The big surpise here is Shiranui. I guess nobody expected Shiranui to do that good! But will it be enough to take them all the way to the finals? We will find out in a few hours.

Apparently the Other are Invoked decks.

The Snow + Spiritmaster interaction to BoM and Break to disrupt is pretty good.

2nd place is good enough for me to call it, Billy Brake is the greatest of all time.

My mate scrubbed yesterday But today he managed to win the side event Mega Regional 1st place and Got himself a Minerva, so well done hanif.

17410086_1384703954884950_1847180967_n.j

MATCHUPS WERE 

Cubic

6 Zoodiacs variants, nothing fancy, so like pure zoo, kaiju etc

FINALS was, 60 card Monstermash, Basically you had Lightsworn-Zombie-Shaddoll thing that was batshit crazy he says.

Edited by Ultimate Buffalo

i love all the infernoid and zombie lawnmowing decks. there was actually a lot of that zombie deck in the ocg. but this paleo thing has never been seen b4 lol. who would think that back jack would be the secret to lawnmowing paleo. im still kinda suspicious of that. 

i know what else u love

1 hour ago, buckwheatloaf said:

i love all the infernoid and zombie lawnmowing decks. there was actually a lot of that zombie deck in the ocg. but this paleo thing has never been seen b4 lol. who would think that back jack would be the secret to lawnmowing paleo. im still kinda suspicious of that. 

That's not true.

People knew about it for ages, it was literally mentioned right in the Paleozoic Deck Discussion OP (but site activity on DGZ is down, despite the good OPs people write, so it's understandable :( ):

On 12/18/2016 at 5:34 PM, vig=scum said:
  • Fiend Griefing + Absolute King Black Jack:

Use Fiend Griefing to disrupt your opponent's play while sending Absolute King Black Jack to the graveyard, which basically turning itself into a set trap card. 

But as usual, people disregard things as "cute", until somebody known tops with it.

always the way really. Mate of mine played Monarch Perfect circle (fear monger, d draws, Disc commander raizas)months before it caught on and won cardiff regionals with it, but instead got lord knows who apparently taking the credit.

they claim it grinds thru the fusion sub combo and one in the top 8 didn't even main maxx c :0 

12 hours ago, mmf said:

i guess no one ever drew barrage in your mirrors then

11 hours ago, Warthog said:

Chalice is a card too.

It's only really bad if they open the combo + Barrage anyway and you don't open another handtrap (Ogre, or another Flying "C"), so there are occasions where it's bad but you really need something that hits the mirror turn one anyway since you basically lose to the combo going second if you can't disrupt them somehow regardless and Flying C is one of the better things that can do that. Trading one for one with one of their defensive cards like a Chalice or Book Of Moon isn't even bad either - it's basically just average at that point. The biggest problem with it is that can be bad at times when you're not ahead, but that's the case with all floodgate cards regardless and at least Flying C can be dropped turn 1,