Aaron

Gintama

Aaron    2041

Why does the best anime ever made not have a topic?

Only recently finished this anime and its ability to dip into so many genres and nail them, whilst having a very overarching plot is insane. 

The last season really stepped it up 100 gears plot wise and revealed a story which most shounens could only dream of. 

It has the likability of characters akin but probably surpassing One Piece, it's ability to pull at heartstrings is only surpassed by Clannad After Story, the emotional connect between the main antagonist and protagonist is the strongest and most complex I've ever witnessed (rivalling Berserk), it parodies a fuck load of content, has a huge cast AND its probably the funniest comedy anime whilst breaking the fourth wall all the time. Not to mention it NEVER drags out arcs and has insanely exciting pacing similar to TTGL.  It also has an episode satisfaction feeling similar to something like The Wire.. aka I watch an episode and feel fulfilled unlike most anime where I feel if I haven't binged it, its totally unfulfilling episode to episode. 

Sadly the start does have a huge investment due to dated animation and an author who was trying to be cautious. I'd say the episode investment is still considerably less than One Piece before you're hooked. 

• Upvote 3

On Saturday, October 08, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Exiled said:

The series is about to end soon too, def give it a watch after completion

I thought I heard theyll be continuing it later on or starting a new season or something

Aaron    2041

I've read somewhere 1 season left. think they cut a few arcs too from manga in the latest season because of the huge amount of content 

Me.    57
On 2016-10-24 at 4:12 AM, Exiled said:

Well the manga is literally in its final chapters I have no idea of the anime but I reckon there'll be like 1-2 seasons left

I haven't followed this in ages, but I remember we were constantly teased about the low amount of plot content. Did that ever ger a real conclusion?

6 hours ago, Me. said:

I haven't followed this in ages, but I remember we were constantly teased about the low amount of plot content. Did that ever ger a real conclusion?

I don't follow. Was that a joke in the series or did the author come up with it?

Me.    57
8 hours ago, Exiled said:

I don't follow. Was that a joke in the series or did the author come up with it?

The story had small traces of plot and constantly teased about what happened in the past, but never went there and revealed it.

41 minutes ago, Me. said:

The story had small traces of plot and constantly teased about what happened in the past, but never went there and revealed it.

Oh, everything was revealed regarding gin/katsu/taka and their relationship with their master, which comes with a big twist.  It continues past the farewell shinsengumi arc and expands on his character and themselves

you did read/watch the fight between gintoki and takasugi right?

Me.    57
5 hours ago, Exiled said:

Oh, everything was revealed regarding gin/katsu/taka and their relationship with their master, which comes with a big twist.  It continues past the farewell shinsengumi arc and expands on his character and themselves

you did read/watch the fight between gintoki and takasugi right?

I honestly don't remember how far I got and what I saw, it's been too many years. I just kind of stopped taking the time to follow anime/manga in general with other things taking priority in my mind so I just kind of started forgetting it was that time of the week. Maybe I was like 250-ish episodes in into the anime.

Aaron    2041

yeah basically plot exploded.  its always been bubbling and teasing but i can honestly say its like kenshin/naruto/onepiece but on severe steroids and concentrated into 2 episode arcs. 

Gintoki and takasugi fight and reveal A LOT. 

think naruto/sasuke levels of emotion except 349843948904890480494890489048x better without any emo bullshit.