YGOPro Salvation

Online Tournaments With Prizes!

2 minutes ago, Exiled said:

whats the eta on salvation being rolled out?

Salvation has been out for a long time, you can get it from ygopro.us. If you mean our manual mode, thanksgiving latest, hopefully end of this month.

Just now, dexer008 said:

Is salvation a variation of ygo pro/ devpro, I haven't heard of it but slightly interested in this to be honest. 

Short version: Our owner was one of the founders of devpro, political disagreements occurred, dev team split. We got the better half.

dexer008    772
2 minutes ago, YGOPro Salvation said:

Short version: Our owner was one of the founders of devpro, political disagreements occurred, dev team split. We got the better half.

Alright haha, how to download is my next question

51 minutes ago, dexer008 said:

Alright haha, how to download is my next question

From http://ygopro.us

Note: The really long update that starts on first launch is adding all of the card images since we do not include them in our installer. This update will only take this long once, but in future remember to let any updates finish before dueling/editing decks since you might end up with cards/images/scripts missing otherwise.

1 hour ago, YGOPro Salvation said:

But like...devpro is easily the best pro server around. That's like a fact, man.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's more popular, for now. It doesn't have a staff as responsive and transparent as ours, doesn't have goat format support, doesn't have daily tournaments, doesn't have a manual mode nearing completion (or even planned afaik), doesn't have planned multi-platform and multi-lingual support, its forum looks like shit.... I wonder what you mean by "best" tbh.. you mean its the one you happen to use? Your "fact" doesn't really hold up under scrutiny.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Mr Dragon    295

I don't know, I still like Percy, it has a TCG-only rated pool, which generally means that I can find decent players and don't have to wade through much crap. Tournaments can plausibly be superior to ranked, but only if they use an actually relevant format (which this doesn't) and only under the presumption that everyone has enough time to sit through tournaments rather than play sporadically or whenever they have 20 minutes spare. 

That and for some reason my computer refuses to run Devpro and Salvation always seems to have like 6 players playing 50 card Dark Magician decks online and no one else. Also everything in Salvation's Client seems really slow and clunky for little to no reason.

2 minutes ago, Mr Dragon said:

(which this doesn't)

Read the thread

2 minutes ago, Mr Dragon said:

and only under the presumption that everyone has enough time to sit through tournaments rather than play sporadically or whenever they have 20 minutes spare. 

If people only play for 20 mins every other day or something they aren't competitive players and shouldn't be all that concerned with ranking.

5 minutes ago, Mr Dragon said:

That and for some reason my computer refuses to run Devpro and Salvation always seems to have like 6 players playing 50 card Dark Magician decks online and no one else. Also everything in Salvation's Client seems really slow and clunky for little to no reason.

Our playerbase is rapidly growing. Slow and clunky? You'll have to give some actual examples of that for me to know what you're talking about. I've never known any part of the launcher to be slow.

What do you mean by your computer refusing to run them?

+mmf+    23072

fwiw they could literally make the format vanilla monsters only and a tournament like this with online support + free prizes would still be one of the best things anyone's doing for this community at all

but if you guys wanna go the full mile you really gotta make this shit tcg or split it up into tcg and ocg formats and alternate or something (ygopro userbase is 99% weebs, they will register for ocg format tournaments lol)

+mark    2871

No I think you should definitely do TCG-only instead because of *insert reason*. 

(ITT we convince people that are already convinced)
For real though, if this is only half as good as DN that still seems pretty good to me. Rather have this than waiting 100 years for Dueling Book or something. 

I personally dont think i ever want to spent the time to play a tournament on ygopro but its still a good thing.

DN ladder system vs tournaments mostly comes down to time, if i don't know how long i can or want to play or say "only" want to waste 1-2 hours and then maybe play again later there is no way to play on a high level with just unrated.

Still understandable why you chose that system tho

Ostaph    71

Time was always the main reason for me to NOT to play DN too much. One match on DN typically lasted longer than 3 on *pro.

Thank you for the effort. TCG makes this interesting.

Also for the full manual mode: please make it happen soon!

Added to OP:

On reflection of our proposed idea of prize support we have decided it conflicts with konami's tournament rules regarding cash prizes. As a result, we will now be offering a yugioh product of the same value (20 GBP) instead.

Everything else regarding these tournaments will be the same; They will still be weekly events held on Saturdays, and all the rules posted perviously still apply.

Each tournament will likely have a different prize, but it will always be yugioh cards paid for by us.

This week's prize will be Yugi and Kaiba Structure Decks!

• Upvote 1

Axle    1215

Your platforms existence defies Konami's rules. I'm a bit confused on this decision here. At least the reasoning. I'm sure everyone prefers cash as an option, and you using cash prizes isn't going to make Konami any more likely to go after your program.

• Upvote 5

+Mascis    4270

if i win the tournament i will sell the structure decks back to you for 20 gbp or whatever

We disagree. We are already well under konami's radar, they have simply chosen not to kill us off. Breaking more of their rules would put us at risk, so instead we have decided to directly support konami themselves with these tournaments. I understand money is a much better prize but it could mean the end of salv.

Axle    1215

Your $25 usd contribution per week is absolutely nothing to the money they (claim) to be losing from yugioh simulators. Your support is not appreciated in anyway by them I'm sure. 

I'm going to stop pushing here since I'm sure the decision is already well made. But it's different from things like the ad revenue DuelingNetwork obtained, where you're actually obtaining money from their game. I just don't see them being any happier by the decision to buy a small amount of their product per week to fund a tournament in your program simulating their IP. Nor will they be any more upset if you use cash as your prizes.

The only change that could possibly happen is if the prizes make you so popular among the community that your program booms in popularity. Suddenly you're public enemy #1 and they want you out of the way because 10000 people are spending Saturdays in your tournaments instead of buying cards to play at their Saturday local shop tournaments. And no amount of prize pool bought from their stores will stop them from coming at you in that extreme situation. 

• Upvote 3

Squiddy    9277

ya iirc nobuddy cared about the mony thing even when kris was putting on the overdose tourneys on dn where he was giving out hundreds

the only reason he stopped was because it was so time consumeing for 1 person to organize if i rimimbar correctly ... those were the days (|:|)

+ACP+    33845
8 hours ago, YGOPro Salvation said:

Added to OP:

On reflection of our proposed idea of prize support we have decided it conflicts with konami's tournament rules regarding cash prizes. As a result, we will now be offering a yugioh product of the same value (20 GBP) instead.

Everything else regarding these tournaments will be the same; They will still be weekly events held on Saturdays, and all the rules posted perviously still apply.

Each tournament will likely have a different prize, but it will always be yugioh cards paid for by us.

This week's prize will be Yugi and Kaiba Structure Decks!

8 hours ago, YGOPro Salvation said:

We disagree. We are already well under konami's radar, they have simply chosen not to kill us off. Breaking more of their rules would put us at risk, so instead we have decided to directly support konami themselves with these tournaments. I understand money is a much better prize but it could mean the end of salv.

Konami's rules only apply to official tournament stores. As far as I know, you aren't one. Realize that duelistgroundz has been doing money tournaments for years and has never been contacted by Konami to stop them.

If you want to make sure that Konami can't do anything to you, take your download links off of http://ygopro.us/. That's the only thing that you're doing that violates any kind of copyright laws. Running a server, forums, and tournaments is totally legal. Instead, rely on the community to distribute the installer through other means. If you do that and anything ever happens, I'll gladly offer you free legal advice.

If you think that Konami likes you and is actively choosing to not kill you off, you're out of your mind. Talk about famous last words.

"I talked to Konami, and our prize tournaments are totally fine." - ARG

"I talked to Konami, and now that we removed our card backs, they love us." - DN

"I talked to Konami, and encouraging people to play a made up format is totally fine." - Newgioh

• Upvote 6

Me.    1338
On 2016-10-16 at 9:01 PM, YGOPro Salvation said:

This is all the information I have set in stone for now but feel free to AMA regarding it in here. I would imagine the tournaments sign-ups would open the same time as our regular daily tournaments: About 8pm GMT (I am also in UK).

If signups start at 8pm, when does the tournament start?

Do you for sure know if this tournament too will start at that time?

Do you have any plans of hosting tournaments for europeans as well? Because 8pm GMT is 9pm for me and that's just for signup, so there's no way I can participate at those times.