Axle

Nintendo Switch (new console)

Aaron    2012
37 minutes ago, NB96 said:

Kirby Star Allies releases tomorrow, anybody picking it up? I think I will.

nah not interested. on my list to get is:

splatoon

arms

mario tennis

octopath traveller

nah, grabbing Xenoblade 2, and maybe bayonetta down the line. might get it eventually though

rn i really need to Save money and between IRL ygo and Switch games, i'm not doign a good job

Nate1080    1224

Irl yugi isn’t worth spending money on these days tbh imo (especially on a trade book/collection). If you’re not just buying a deck and then selling it when done, you’re doing it wrong.

Aaron    2012

xeno2 has really left a mark on me. excellent game, such a fun battle system that with a bit of refinement / importance in positioning, could be one of the best ever next xenoblade. 

After playing XB2 for awhile, i have to agree its fun, slightly complicated but not hard for an experienced gamer to understand (wish there was a way to re-read tutorials though, seriously would it have killed them to put it in as a menu option. one flash on screen saying "press X button to do Y in battle that you'll need to memorize and perform consistently" is not enough)

anybody got Star Allies? heard it was decent

NB96    832
Posted (edited)

Has anybody played Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze before? I heard it is great and I am considering buying it. It's supposed to be a top quality platforming game.

Edited by NB96

NB96    832
Posted (edited)

Is anybody here buying Mario Tennis Aces? I tried it out in the pre-launch tournament last weekend and played over 100 matches, really fun game and deeper than you might expect. Definitely buying it on the 22nd. If you pre-order it on the eShop you get double gold points too.

In other news, I picked up a Switch Pro Controller today and while I'm not happy about the price (paid £26 due to discounts on my Game card when it should have been £54.99 though) the quality was immediately noticeable seconds after opening the packaging it. It feels quality, not cheap as I heard the PowerA controllers felt, just the right weight, the buttons are just the right distance apart, the sticks have just the right amount of resistance to let you control how far you want to move them and in what direction... it just has a premium feel to it. I play mostly docked and I don't intend on going back to the Joy-Cons anymore. It's expensive but you get what you pay for, and this is a quality controller.

Edited by NB96
  • Upvote 1

NB96    832

Well Smash Bros was the most prominent feature of Nintendo's E3 Direct, along with Super Mario Party and the new Fire Emblem game. Fortnite is now available on the eShop as well.

I still feel they should have one or two more new characters for the Smash Bros though, it's all characters we've used before witht he xception of the Inklings and Ridley. I stil would like to see Crash Bandicoot, Rayman or Banjo and Kazooie but I find it more unlikely now than I did a week ago sadly.

there's still time before smash's release for new characters, or DLC.

i didnt get mario tennis aces due to funding but it looked good and i played a few matches on the demo to moderate success. 

+1 on the Pro Controller, got one as soon as i got my switch and never looked back, i can barely use the joycons now, they just dont feel as right in my bulkier hands. 

»Tygo    14112

I want Banjo Kazooie to be a character more than the internet wants Waluigi.

Bazoo    5694
On 5/3/2018 at 10:43 AM, NB96 said:

Has anybody played Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze before? I heard it is great and I am considering buying it. It's supposed to be a top quality platforming game.

Only played on Wii U but you heard right, it is really damn good. Basically Wii U had some of the best platformers ever made quietly pass for it, this was one of them.

With Smash Bros announced, there's literally almost no reason to keep a Wii U even historically X_X You need to better believe there will be a Super Mario Maker for Switch.