3 Ties
3 Left Arm
1 Soul Charge
3 Solar
2 Charge
1 Rota
1 Upstart
3 Desires

The idea is that any time you resolve Ties or Soul Charge you should be good, and Left Arm searches those. Desires is optional and banishing Soul Charge sucks, but may still be worth it. 

As far as Permapal King Bear goes, I don't really get it, am I missing some pendulum engine or is it just a monster version of Monster Reincarnation that doesnt require the discard? Yeah I'd probably rather Left Arm -> Soul Charge mill 20 then play 60 Lawnmowing mill 20 I think. 

That said take this with a grain of salt because I don't really believe in this deck atm. Just giving out my thoughts on a consistent T1 strategy for the JD build, because unsurprisingly, it's still my favorite card. 

mark    3104

I wouldn't even run wulf/felis in that specific build either (dead draw, conflicts with Ties, rank 4 after minerva isnt the wincon of the deck and opening solar/charge is already good so it's win-more) just enough different names for Ties and JD (not too much because you need 2 + Michael/Minerva anyway). 

»victor    6398
6 hours ago, mark said:

As far as Permapal King Bear goes, I don't really get it, am I missing some pendulum engine or is it just a monster version of Monster Reincarnation that doesnt require the discard? Yeah I'd probably rather Left Arm -> Soul Charge mill 20 then play 60 Lawnmowing mill 20 I think. 

You are.

Zoodiac Broadbull searches it.

So one combo goes something like:

Rat -> 2 Broadbull

You search Perf King Bear (7 Scale) and Dragoons of Draconia / Bujin Hiruko (2/3 Scale)

So that's a Scout/Monkeyboard, 1 card scale setup.

(King Bear and Hiruko have additional synergy in LS, obviously), for Kagatsuchi -> Tsukiyomi/Amaterasu.

mark    3104

In that case it probably warrants playing 3 JD and it makes more sense now. 

dexer008    805

This is the pile of cards I've been "testing" (playing for fun in unrated) pre-rate. Don't know what to think of Zoodiacs in here, I've actually never tested the engine in anything. Is the 4-5 extra deck slots worth it in your opinions? 

Monsters; 32

3 Judgment Dragon

1 Gem-Knight Garnet

3 Fairy Tail - Snow

2 Photon Thrasher

2 Performage Hat Tricker

2 Performage Trick Clown

2 Eclipse Wyvern

1 Goblindergh

1 Electro-magnetic Turtle

3 Raiden

3 Lumina

2 Garoth

2 Lyla

1 Jain

1 Ehren

1 Wulf

1 Felis

1 Minerva

Spells: 28

3 That Grass Looks Greener

3 Ties of the Brethren

3 Left Arm Offering

3 Pot of Desires

3 Brilliant Fusion

3 Solar Recharge

2 Charge of the Light Brigade

2 Instant Fusion

2 Twin Twisters

2 Monster Reincarnation

1 Reinforcement of the Army

1 Soul Charge

Extra Deck: 15

1 Gem-Knight Seraphinite

1 Elder Entity Norden

1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

1 Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend

1 Psyframe Lord Omega

1 Micheal, the Arch-Lightsworn

1 Clear Wing Synchro Dragon

1 Minerva, the Exalted Lightsworn

1 Daigusto Emeral

1 Diamond Dire Wolf

1 Performage Trapeze Magician

1 Bujintei Tsukuyomi

1 Bujinki Amaterasu

1 Number 39: Utopia

1 Number S39: Utopia the Lightning

mark    3104

Well between Rat literally being 1-card Minerva, 1-card double scale set-up + search JD, I don't think you can not play it. 

Berdversary    181

It seems to me that you can just make Tiger King instead of Bullhorn since Tenki adds Dragoons, which means the 1st Bullhorn grabs King Bear. You'd have a comparatively better threat on board (2300 vanilla as opposed to 0 ATK vanilla).

Admittedly, it requires 1 maindeck concession in the form of Tenki but you'd be increasing the number of Rats in deck. Drawing Tenki alongside the rat combo just means you wouldn't have to make Tiger King or Bullhorn with the 2 rats in the first place (read: Minerva) since you'd use Tenki to search Dragoons and the 1st Bullhorn to search King Bear.

MKDImmortal    43

Haven't played in forever but i came on to read about the new decks and what they do and saw this thread surprisingly at the top. LS is one of my fav decks so if it has any chance at being involved in the meta i'm interested.

Is there a 40 card build that is consistant at all for post RATE, though? I don't know it just seems like the 60 card version has too many holes in it and the potential to brick alot more than LS is already used to.

mark    3104

probably what I posted above + the zodiac rat engine mentioned in victors build for rank 4 minerva or scale-up + search JD

MKDImmortal    43
1 hour ago, mark said:

probably what I posted above + the zodiac rat engine mentioned in victors build for rank 4 minerva or scale-up + search JD

Is there a whole decklist with the zoo involved? As i mentioned i haven't played in forever so i don't even know half the nicknames for these cards.

Also, doesn't Left arm offering just seem to neg of a card? it potentially gets you soul charge (if you haven't milled it) but if the soul charge is stopped you just went -3 and sealed your fate, no?

mark    3104

Yeah left arm is a gamble. I don't really have a list atm so you'd have to look at some of the topping lists, then add victor's zoodiacs stuff that he explained. I didn't even know that worked until his post. If you know 'Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn', 'Minerva, the Exalted Lightsworn', 'Michael, the Arch-Lightsworn', then add 'Fairy Tail - Snow', 'Ties of the Brethren', then make sure to add enough Lightsworn monsters to make Ties work (for example Ehren+Raiden+Garoth, or Lumina+Lyla+Jowgen). You can focus your build around Judgment Dragon, or not play it at all and focus around rank 4's including Minerva (Goblindbergh, Photon Thrasher, although Zodiacs are probably better at it). The 60 card decks are based on 'That Grass Looks Greener' which lets you mill 20 cards going first, and even more going second. That said I still think it's inconsistent - although if you're going to play it, I'd suggest to go with the entire max out on: Soul Charge+Ties of the Brethen+Left Arm Offering+That Grass looks Greener+Solar Recharge+Charge of the Light Brigade+Pot of Desires etc. packages, so that you are at least guaranteed to draw some kind of live hand. That said I still believe 40 cards is better still. That said this deck probably isn't a real contender. There's not much more to it, deck hasn't changed too much apart from what extra deck cards you play which is debatable anyway. 

dexer008    805

Saturated in Bias here, that deck I posted actually just goes off when you resolve 1 grass is greener, making the left arm cost worth it. Not to mention you can play out multiple cards in hand first before using it. I'd often go something like thrasher> normal summon, hat tricker, play a random spell, then  left arm. I'll probably cut some normal summons moving forward though. 

MKDImmortal    43
1 hour ago, dexer008 said:

Saturated in Bias here, that deck I posted actually just goes off when you resolve 1 grass is greener, making the left arm cost worth it. Not to mention you can play out multiple cards in hand first before using it. I'd often go something like thrasher> normal summon, hat tricker, play a random spell, then  left arm. I'll probably cut some normal summons moving forward though. 

But you have a 3 in 60 chance of opening grass
you also don't know if you will or won't mill your soul charge

Imagine going grass and milling soul charge and having offering or god forbid more than one in your hand.
Like yeah, you can get a different spell but as far as i can see thats the wombo of the deck going -3 to fetch like...solar recharge does not sounds all that plus.

Edited by MKDImmortal

»victor    6398
5 minutes ago, MKDImmortal said:

But you have a 3 in 60 chance of opening grass
you also don't know if you will or won't mill your soul charge

Imagine going grass and milling soul charge and having offering or god forbid more than one in your hand.
Like yeah, you can get a different spell but as far as i can see thats the wombo of the deck going -3 to fetch like...solar recharge does not sounds all that plus.

You do realize that you can search Lullaby of Obedience , take their Rat and go off, right?

They now have 2 Rat so they can't go off as strongly after that.

There are other cards like Instant Fusion for Norden, so you're not just playing Soul Charge.

mark    3104

You don't want Soul Charge AND That Grass is Greener, either one should be enough. You want to mill - and with either one you can mill half your deck, at which point Judgment Dragon is live. Like I said it doesn't warrant playing 60 in my book, but milling Soul Charge doesn't matter because the goal of the deck is not to Soul Charge, Soul Charge is but a means to mill cards, so if you're already milling that's already good. It's true that milling Soul Charge before activating Left Arm Offering sucks, although you can still search Ties of the Brethen. If you don't need to activate it your hand is already good so it's just a brick (like Wulf), and you can pitch it for Lumina or just take the -1 of it no big deal. As long as your deck functions as a whole, individual -1's don't matter. 

i think that i still like the normal 40 card build more, but i haven't really understood why people default to playing 60 card builds just because they're playing 3 grass looks greener. i don't know the exact statistics but it seems to me that something around ~50 cards is better, less dead draw opening hands and you'll see TGLG a lot more, and milling like 10-12 cards is plenty to get an engine started in a deck with wulf, trick clown, snow, etc.

Mascis    4429

I got a build im cooking up that I want some input on, need about $50,000 to get it built irl so please donate to your boy 

Mascis    4429

cool man check it, here is what i've been cookin up

list:

3 Wulf

3 Raiden

3 Photon Thrasher

3 Fairy Tail Snow

3 Molmorat

2 Trick Clown

2 Hat Tricker

2 Maxx "C"

1 Lyla

1 Thousand Blades

1 Glow Up Bulb

1 Bujin Hiruko

3 Solar Recharge

3 Elemental Tirangle

3 Tenki

2 Charge of the Light Brigade

2 Twin Twister

1 Rota

1 Upstart

1 Soul Charge

1 Foolish Burial

1 Vanity's Emptiness

1 trish

1 omega

1 nat beast

1 bujin amaterasu

1 bujin kagutsuchi

1 bujin tsukuyomi

1 tigress

1 drancia

1 wildbow

1 bullhorn

1 minerva

1 dire wolf

1 castel

1 emeral

1 rhapsody

So initially i had a list that was Zoo enigne + Grass is Greener, but playing 50+ cards actually sucks for Lighsworn since you rarely resolve grass is greener without playing arm offering and that was a card i just didn't wanna run. So cutting it back to around 40 cards since we can afford to go 40+ because of milling and searching and what not. The deck is very win the die roll and spit a board out turn 1, but i believe there are plays you can make on turn 2 with enough combos to force you opponent to use an out, and then you can just continue to combo off on them.

the zoo engine lets lightsworn get to use more bujin monsters. you do the normal rat combo, make sure you get two rats with bull horn, but search for bujin hiroku with broad bull's effect.

make kag with the two rats -> MILL FIVE! -> use hiruko to go into tsuk or amaterasu based on what you mill / what's in your hand. This is all off of one card, molmorat.

things like trinagle and tenki are just more rats, tenki can be used to search hiroku in if you need to OR you can search wulf if your desperate.

the LS package is pretty standard, raiden is flexible but Wulf is legit the best LS in the deck. Photon Thrasher is really good becuase if you open thrasher and rat you only need to hit wulf / clown / snow to keep combos going off of bujin kag. if you have some of these cards in your hand, you get to go with tsuk instead to set them up in the graveyard

the small performage+ baldes and glow up give you again, combo extenders, but also allow you to run trish and nat beast. nat beast is kinda dumb againts a lot of decks right now and trish is great option if you go second. main deck twin twist also help you out against backrows while dumping combo cards to the grave

some extra deck cards are debatable. i like the idea of using rhapsody to banish things from their graveyard and then attaching it make another xyz strong since admittedly the "boss" monsters of the deck aren't the biggest monsters. i don't think the utopia package is a terrible, but i really want both castel and dire wolf. zoo cards make the extra tight, so im considering siding 4 xyzs.

speaking of siding, that side deck is also open to debate. i don't think it's the best but here is what i got

1 jizukiru

1 dogoran

1 gadral

1 gameciel

3 slumber

3 barrier

3 anti-spel

2 different dimension ground

kaijus to bust open fields going 2nd ob, then more traps if im going first in attempts to set up a board of monsters + traps. if im going to start siding XYZs im think it should be ones that can OTK with kaijus (similar to the zoo otk, just using cards like dire wolf instead)

i don't really think this is the correct way to go with the side deck, and maybe i should man up and just run 55 to make the side decking easier, but i haven't missed grass is greener since i stopped playing it.

not being able to fit toad sucks though, i suppose i could cut the clowns and nat beast for a gold fish / jiga / instant package

anyway, just sharing some thoughts, looking for some opinions. never gonna be able to play this IRL so i don't really care but someone with minerva needs to make ls great again ( @Harima )

love u

zoosworn.jpg

mark    3104

terrortop is dante mill 3 idk if that's relevant, and if you have extra deck space for invoker, phantom king thing etc

Mascis    4429

i think i would have to cut out stuff like trish and nat beast for level 3s and speedroids. don't get me wrong, the deck wants to see rat as quick as possible like other zoo decks, but i think everything being level 4 gives the extra deck a little more flexibilty. i probably would consider it if i was on 55 cards

dexer008    805

I'd probably cut the rhapsody/ side it for something else like a second lv8 synchro like scarlight or stardust spark, or add norden and also instant fusion to the deck. May not be needed but more combo's can't be a bad thing yeah?

Mascis    4429

i've thrown the deck in the trash upon the realization that hiroku is only in the ocg right now

thanks for the input!

»victor    6398

So Snow based variants are winning in a variety of contexts.

One of the best interactions that people have discovered recently is how Snow banishes Shiranui Spiritmaster for a Book of Moon + destroy a faceup card, plus reviving itself, so that absolutely swings the field. Another extremely key factor is Daigusto Emeral has 1800 ATK and Snow is 1850.

Another really cool interaction, is how you can play Glowup Bulb, and because you mill (or Shaddoll Fuse dump it), you can make Naturia Beast with LV 4 Zoodiacs.

There's also Shaddollsworn Zoodiacs getting 1st place in Belgium, and Skull Servant Lightsworn Top 8ing in London England, http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=107232

It's pretty surprising that Lawnmowing variants are having a lot of success, because Instant Fusion Norden is here, and that makes Amaterasu+Snow more consistent?

MKDImmortal    43
On 2/22/2017 at 11:46 PM, victor said:

So Snow based variants are winning in a variety of contexts.

One of the best interactions that people have discovered recently is how Snow banishes Shiranui Spiritmaster for a Book of Moon + destroy a faceup card, plus reviving itself, so that absolutely swings the field. Another extremely key factor is Daigusto Emeral has 1800 ATK and Snow is 1850.

Another really cool interaction, is how you can play Glowup Bulb, and because you mill (or Shaddoll Fuse dump it), you can make Naturia Beast with LV 4 Zoodiacs.

There's also Shaddollsworn Zoodiacs getting 1st place in Belgium, and Skull Servant Lightsworn Top 8ing in London England, http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=107232

It's pretty surprising that Lawnmowing variants are having a lot of success, because Instant Fusion Norden is here, and that makes Amaterasu+Snow more consistent?

I've tried the shaddollswarm Zoo, definitely a fun deck to play with all the combo pieces.

I'll be taking it to ATL. Not expecting crazy results but at least a day 2 would be nice.

The side deck could use a touch up, though.