canasian

Lightsworn - Discussion

12 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

No they don’t. Archive this shit.

Curious Zombiesworn is gonna be legit trust me

Nate1080    1220

Unless there’s something big I’m missing, no it isn’t. 

The Link isn’t going to do anything to make LS relevant again.

1 hour ago, Nate1080 said:

Unless there’s something big I’m missing, no it isn’t. 

The Link isn’t going to do anything to make LS relevant again.

The banlist. Spyrals got brought down and Magician took a hit too so LS is better relative to the other viable decks. 

Nate1080    1220

No it isn’t. Trickstars are still a thing and hell, even Paleozoic got buffed with all the incomming trap cards and the hits to Magicians/Spyrals.

LS isn’t going to do anything. The deck is still terrible and inconsistent. 3 BLS for example, isn’t going to change shit.

2 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

No it isn’t. Trickstars are still a thing and hell, even Paleozoic got buffed with all the incomming trap cards and the hits to Magicians/Spyrals.

LS isn’t going to do anything. The deck is still terrible and inconsistent. 3 BLS for example, isn’t going to change shit.

Don't get me wrong I'm not expecting it to be tier 0 but I expect it to show it's face in the top 8 of at least 1 Regionals at the very least and be competitive. Trickstars will probably win YCS events but I'll be shocked if Lightsworn isn't relevant enough that people expect to face it at events. 

BLS would just hurt consistency I wouldn't play it even though my deck could support it because it's really not that great.  

On 2/8/2018 at 3:26 PM, Nate1080 said:

LS isn’t going to do anything. 

On 2/8/2018 at 5:44 PM, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not expecting it to be tier 0 but I expect it to show it's face in the top 8 of at least 1 Regionals at the very least and be competitive.  

Feels good man

• Upvote 1

Nate1080    1220

Almost anything can top, or even win, a regional. People use bumass decks all the time in a regional. 

This doesn’t prove anything, the deck is still ass compared to a lot of shit. The deck isn’t going to do anything real in the long run.

Mr Dragon    300

Nate1080: Your dismissal of the deck seems pretty baseless. Who cares if Trickstars are still good when this deck shits on Trickstar?  I think this deck is actually pretty good. You have numerous autowins going first and the deck has a tremendous grind game. Sure the deck is inconsistent to an extent, but definitely not enough to just discount it outright. Curious means that you have access to Snow much more often, and it also means that you can search Glow-Up Bulb and just auto win against Pendulum decks and other other decks that rely on Spell Cards. LS was skirting on the edge of relevancy before the list don't forget (3 topped YCS Prague in November), and I'm willing to bet that it'll do a lot more now that the majority of the monsters in the metagame aren't protected from Snow by Spyral resort.

• Thanks 1

Nate1080    1220

My dismissal is not baseless, my dismissal is based on it being mostly ass for years and people randomly saying its good again out of the blue for no real reason. We went through an entire format and as far as I am aware no one at any point as mentioned anything about LS becoming a possible deck or that Spyral/Magicians were holding it back from being a deck, so just saying LS is good again is random to me and deserves to be scrutinized.

Before your post, all Tyranno said is Spyral and Magicians got hit, so therefore LS is better now. That’s a lame reason considering every deck just got better now, including decks that are better than LS. Excuse me for being skeptical and dismissive when no real statement(s) has been said to convince me otherwise.

If anything at all, it might have short term success just because its a new format and not many people have played against LS recently, so few will know what to do (shit like that happens at the beginning of every format). I don’t see long term success as of this post.