foofatron

Eidolon

foofatron    38

A new fusion archetype has been reveled and it is extremely generic and fun. I've been testing a number of different things like kaijus, gem-knights, familiars (w/toad), and zodiacs. Through testing R4 builds became blatantly superior to others. They could toolbox anything and be used to out multiple threats like an Infinity + Rafflesia or establish a board of trap monsters. I settled on zodiacs simply because they are just dumb. It gives the deck extra threats and free cards. Bullhorn can search black sheep which searches poly. This is only necessary imo because abc exists and you can combo into Elysion to banish all their stuff. Bullhorn can also search a rat to fuse with and then attach or norden back and overlay. Here's the list:

Monsters (17)
3x Photon Thrasher
1x Dragodies
3x Hat Tricker
3x Aleister the Eidolon Summoner
3x Toy Knight
3x Zodiac Rat
1x Lunalight Black Sheep

Spells (21)
2x Eidolon Summoning Magic
3x Instant Fusion
1x Poly
1x Rota
3x Desires
1x Upstart
3x Terra
3x Zodiac Triangle
3x Reckless Magic Circle
1x Empowerment

Traps (2)
1x Space-time
1x Treacherous

Extra (15)
1x Elysion
2x Merkabah
1x Magallanica
1x Norden
2x Utopia Package
1x Castel
1x Dire Wolf
1x Emeral
1x Rafflesia
4x 1 of Zodiac xyz’s

I’ve recorded some duels to demonstrate how the deck functions: https://vid.me/lzfZ

It can actually deal with abc on a good hand. Elysion does the job but the difficult part if playing through their responses. The deck is pretty powerful and can beat meta. You could even consider siding in more 4’s like performapal radish horse to have more consistent access to utopia without the normal, and side in a second utopia material. This is relevant vs. D/D when they like to go Crystal, Sig, Titanic as that one utopia will damage them heavily. The deck also has a fire fusion coming a long which hopefully will have a monster destruction effect. Even so, I wouldn't anticipate changing much

DukeLukewarm    121
33 minutes ago, foofatron said:

3x Zodiac Rat
3x Desires
3x Zodiac Triangle

This just seems like it's asking for trouble. Desires and Rat don't play nice together. 

foofatron    38

Generally does not matter.

Going first you can search rat and combo off by making bullhorn, fusioning, then tigeress overlaying. Going second if you do not have rat and cannot reach it then play desires. If you banish rats and draw triangles/rats then oh well. It is unlikely to happen and does not outweigh 2 extra cards the rest of the time. Not to mention even triangle into a single rat is still good as it is a free poly and drancia.

»canasian    4105

Pretty sure this should be running Terrortop, doubly so considering that the WIND Eidolon is pretty strong

Caligula is also worthwhile in the Exta, even if you never plan on fusion summoning it it's an Instant Fusion target to be used as Xyz fodder and later material for Elysion

foofatron    38

I've tried roids and they take up a lot of room in the extra. Adding just invoker is rather underwhelming since it is often either redundant or not what you need to be making going second (breaksword). Remember, R4 can basically act as terratop by searching, fusioning it out of the hand, and overlaying. Adding 2-3 extra deck monsters would require reducing the toolbox, and is not ideal since those new monsters only become options with roids. The only negotiable option imo is the 2nd merk/emeral and those come up depending on the game state, albeit not as often as other options. Instead of roids I opt to play desires and upstart to increase the odds of drawing either fusions or rats. As stated before, banishing rats can be avoided in most situations and when it can't be even 1-2 rats in the deck is enough to make the engine worthwhile. 

I like the idea of including an if target  as if + r4's would allow you to make Elysion and going second against abc Elysion is needed. I think siding raideen would be best as it is only really needed for 1 matchup and can be used as 1 card bait also.

Berdversary    181

Adding Invoker is basically all the investment you need. I can understand that drawing Terrortop and Sign cand be seen as "redundant" but in general this gives you the tools to play through Strikes/opposing Drancia. Anything to secure your normal for Aleister, especially 1 card combos.

ensane    163

Maybe not the best, but kaiju is a pretty fun engine to run

foofatron    38
17 hours ago, Berdversary said:

Adding Invoker is basically all the investment you need. I can understand that drawing Terrortop and Sign cand be seen as "redundant" but in general this gives you the tools to play through Strikes/opposing Drancia. Anything to secure your normal for Aleister, especially 1 card combos.

I haven't had much of an issue playing through those things as 4's can do that fairly well. The redundancy aspect was a huge deal in testing and would often draw dead cards, not just terro's and signs. The deck has enough cards you do not want to open at all or in multiples. Having a 1 card combo is nice, but it also increases the odds of having 1 less card to play with. Focusing on just the zodaic engine, assuming 36 cards 9 rats and going second (my choice of focus) you have a 47.5% to open at least 2. Change that to 6 rats and it is 25.6%. Edit - including borg the number rises to 54.4%. Now on top of that you could draw stuff like poly, take, dragodies, traps, etc. The dead cards are very real and hurt when you have to go second. Going first the redundancy is still real since it limits your ability to establish a field. Since rat can also be put into play via 2 lvl 4's and a fusion not running terro really does not decrease your odds when you're going first. While it is true that having multiple ways to get to rat will help play through responses, it is more likely that you will draw into multiples (compared to exactly 1 triangle + 1 roid or just 1 of either, 27.17%). Therefore, I'm more inclined to side/main 1 card outs instead of running roids.

I've played without the zodiac engine (just R4 enablers) and I quite enjoy never opening dead cards. The deck is certainly capable of winning without zodiacs. What it lacks is free stuff though and I don't believe the extra consistency was worth it over the power of the zodiac engine. I've even considered running just 1 zodiac monster and 3 triangles since even 1 zodiac does a lot for the deck (search poly and double pop).

I also realized something. If you have the field up and you if for Raideen they not only cannot negate it, but you can use his effect on summon and they cannot respond to it due to the field. This means you could book unaware abc players or just break something like abc + infinity if they tag out. This actually makes me think about playing book of eclipse since you can make a fusion and put everything fd without the opponent being able to respond. This could also force your opponent to waste effects of poping/banishing the field once they know what could happen.

DukeLukewarm    121

Shoukanjuu Purgatorio / Purgatorio the Eidolon Beast
Fire Fiend / Fusion / Effect
LV7 2300/2000
“Aleister the Eidolon Summoner” + 1 FIRE monster
(1) This card gains 200 ATK for each monster your opponent controls.
(2) This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

Hou no Seiten / Scripture of Law
Spell Quick-Play
You can only activate 1 “Scripture of Law” per turn.
(1) Tribute 1 “Eidolon Beast” monster; Special Summon 1 “Eidolon Beast” monster with a different Attribute from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon).