• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
tonyvelasco1337

ARGCS Atlanta

28 posts in this topic

For a community that just spent the last month and a half complaining about the meta being too weak and not having a defined "best deck" these commentators sure do love watching ABC lose.

for those who missed it, assistant head judge ruled (and was quickly overruled) that dimension barriers effect negation clause lasts for the entire duel

lol

1 minute ago, wduartes said:

how many abc/foe were in the event?

We don't have breakdown of deck in swiss, but in top cut there were 8 ABC decks, 2 metalfoe decks. No ABC decks made top 4. Both metalfoe decks are playing in finals.

2nd place deck list. I couldn't find a 1st place list or the rest of the top lists.

I find this build interesting as it doesn't play Ultimaya, which I find hilarious as me and a friend were discussing dropping Ultimaya from Metalfoes during the sneak peek last week and look, a non-Ultimaya build gets 2nd.

I think dropping Ultimaya is plausible. It's too easy for the mirror and ABC to bait Crystal Wing/Void Ogre right now. 

Yeah Ultimaya got the axe with the new cards released. Almost never make it in testing and whenever you could, another play was almost always just better. The lists are on the google drive but to be honest, neither are particularly amazing. The deck can still play Void Ogre, just not worth investing into the Crystal Wing

11 minutes ago, Blacklisted said:

Yeah Ultimaya got the axe with the new cards released. Almost never make it in testing and whenever you could, another play was almost always just better.

This is the exact conclusion I've came to in testing this week. When my friend brought up the idea of dropping Ultimaya, I was on the fence until I started playing around with the new cards.

I came to many conclusions, including that I always want to make Alkahest, Combination and Fullmeatalfoes Fusion on board turn1 over Ultimaya. Making Ultimaya is just so risky, so much shit can go wrong leaving you with a shitty board, especially after turn 1 with Dimensional Barrier floating around.

One thing I never understood was Alkahest + combination. Why do you want to try to end on that if you won't get Combination Value?

On their turn you can absorb something, then use Fullmetalfoes Fusion, chain Combination, and fuse what you stole+Alkahest into a new Fusion and revive Alkahest with Combination I guess?

I noticed that second place didn't play Adamante, which is required to do that play as you can't make the other Fusion guys without it =/

I thought that you can't summon alkahest except with a fusion card, or is that not the case as long as it was properly summoned to begin with

Oh that even notice that LOL

This is the first time I noticed that half of the sentence, lol wow. Never mind that play then I guess.

I have a bad feeling that others didn't notice either, maybe even this guy that got 2nd :/

Doubt second place could do it, he didn't run Adamante so it wouldn't be often that he could

I know I said basically the same thing in the last ARG thread but damn Konami actually did a pretty good job of making Metalfoes "fair and balanced" and the Pendulum mechanic is just that good that it's still the best deck despite that

Weird double posti

that was partially my fault, i thought he was the guy who ran 44 cards. 

I have been talking to others and I have been convinced that bismugear should be at 3 since I saw the card while others didn't seem as keen on the idea. TBH these decklists look pretty close to what I had imagined they would. I agree wholeheartedly with Canasian in that metalfoes is the best deck. It's just too adaptable and it's core engine is small and consistent

Edited by knives1990

24 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

I have been talking to others and I have been convinced that bismugear should be at 3 since I saw the card while others didn't seem as keen on the idea. 

I touched on that in the Metalfoes thread, I agree. You need as many opportunities to Fuse and search as possible, running the full playset rather than 1-2 helps achieve that.

3 hours ago, Nate1080 said:

2nd place deck list. I couldn't find a 1st place list or the rest of the top lists.

I find this build interesting as it doesn't play Ultimaya, which I find hilarious as me and a friend were discussing dropping Ultimaya from Metalfoes during the sneak peek last week and look, a non-Ultimaya build gets 2nd.

I think dropping Ultimaya is plausible. It's too easy for the mirror and ABC to bait Crystal Wing/Void Ogre right now. 

Umm...all the decklist are in the OP bro.