Sign in to follow this  
Silver

The Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread (Pre-World War III)

Jazz    5323

Durant better opt out xD

Jesus the Jew    986
On 6/13/2017 at 0:27 AM, Francis J Underwood said:

Lebron got what he deserved. He formed the Heat to beat the Celtics and 7 years later, he is now the Celtics. 

#badkarma

League has a lot of work to do to address the parity issue. 

This was an inevitability regardless of what Lebron did. In the past teams had a lot of power so they were the ones making super teams. Now players get more of a say. League parity is definitely a bigger issue than it has ever been because the Warriors are so far beyond the norm. Miami at it's peak still had to play some legit contenders from the West.

+Mascis    4553

wrong team won

+Mascis    4553

• Upvote 3

+Mascis    4553

Jazz    5323

What if markelle fultz is an underwhelming pro? (|:|)

+Silver    1008

fudge me in the mouth

whyyyyyyy did the lakers trade the overrall number 2 pick 2 years ago scoring around 15-5 for a 20-5 28 year old center who has had broken feet over a 3 year span and can barely play 30 miuntes a game. omg

im losing it! IM LOSGING IT! YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN DE-ANGELO FOR AT THE LEAST THE 6th PICK. WHAT ThE ACTUAL FUCK

Jazz    5323
38 minutes ago, Silver said:

fudge me in the mouth

whyyyyyyy did the lakers trade the overrall number 2 pick 2 years ago scoring around 15-5 for a 20-5 28 year old center who has had broken feet over a 3 year span and can barely play 30 miuntes a game. omg

im losing it! IM LOSGING IT! YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN DE-ANGELO FOR AT THE LEAST THE 6th PICK. WHAT ThE ACTUAL FUCK

Trade kind of makes sense given they're about to draft a PG (lonzo) but idk if Brook Lopez is the ideal type of player to get in return.

Mosgov was a salary dump tho

Jazz    5323

Should the celtics draft:

jackson

tatum

???

I am leaning tatum but idfk

+Silver    1008

jason tatum ?????

yea idfk

they have jalen brown but honestly i think they like him too much to draft someone in the same position.

is tatum better than rosier at this point ?

+Malcolm    4603
On 6/12/2017 at 9:27 PM, Francis J Underwood said:

Lebron got what he deserved. He formed the Heat to beat the Celtics and 7 years later, he is now the Celtics. 

#badkarma

no lol

• Upvote 1

»victor    6400
On 6/12/2017 at 9:27 PM, Francis J Underwood said:

#badkarma

I think it's a little bit wrong to argue that.

KD joined a team, so that's just 1 player.

In all the Celtics and Miami and Cavs cases, 2 players were assembling to join an existing team.

It's fortunate that the Warriors were already good, but that was fortunate (Draymond was better than expected, Klay, and Curry were drafted later than all the #1s that Cavs had, Anthony Bennett, Andrew Wiggins, Kyrie Irving).

slickz    4307

KD is the biggest HOE in the NBA. He joined a 73-9 all time great team that he had a 3-1 lead against in the ECF. He could have won with OKC but chose the easy way. GS didn't need him. Sure he's a champion, but many will never respect him or that decision. 

Tired of people comparing it to Lebron and the Heat. It would have been like Lebron joining the Celtics. The heat fucking sucked the year before, Lebron himself joined with Bosh and they MADE that team. 

• Upvote 1

slickz    4307

Spurs would have made it a series with Kawhi. Cavs can take it to 6-7 games if they get George for a year.  

Hopefully iggy leaves

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

KD is the biggest HOE in the NBA. He joined a 73-9 all time great team that he had a 3-1 lead against in the ECF. He could have won with OKC but chose the easy way. GS didn't need him. Sure he's a champion, but many will never respect him or that decision. 

Tired of people comparing it to Lebron and the Heat. It would have been like Lebron joining the Celtics. The heat fucking sucked the year before, Lebron himself joined with Bosh and they MADE that team. 

That's the league's fault for not managing the influx of TV revenue into the cap giving every team the room to sign a max FA. 

I don't think he could have won with OKC. That team was not going to get better. 

What LeBitch did in forming the heat was even worse. He joined up with two other top 10 players in the league at the time who were in their primes while destroying two competitive teams in the EC creating an auto bye to the finals because the only competition they had was a team who could be on AARP. 

Same deal with Cleveland except the EC was already destroyed. 

2 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

Spurs would have made it a series with Kawhi. Cavs can take it to 6-7 games if they get George for a year.  

Hopefully iggy leaves

Spurs can get by on good coaching but at some point that caves to talent. Does show you how central Kawaii is to their scheme tho. 

Iggy already sai he is resigning. 

Cavs only way of getting George will cost them Love, which would be an upgrade but probably not good enough to beat the Warriors. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, victor said:

I think it's a little bit wrong to argue that.

KD joined a team, so that's just 1 player.

In all the Celtics and Miami and Cavs cases, 2 players were assembling to join an existing team.

It's fortunate that the Warriors were already good, but that was fortunate (Draymond was better than expected, Klay, and Curry were drafted later than all the #1s that Cavs had, Anthony Bennett, Andrew Wiggins, Kyrie Irving).

The League mismanaging how tv revenues get eased into the salary cap is what caused most of that. Warriors drafted amazing and can't be blamed for that but the KD signing should have never happened. 

slickz    4307
31 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

That's the league's fault for not managing the influx of TV revenue into the cap giving every team the room to sign a max FA. 

I don't think he could have won with OKC. That team was not going to get better. 

What LeBitch did in forming the heat was even worse. He joined up with two other top 10 players in the league at the time who were in their primes while destroying two competitive teams in the EC creating an auto bye to the finals because the only competition they had was a team who could be on AARP. 

Same deal with Cleveland except the EC was already destroyed. 

Spurs can get by on good coaching but at some point that caves to talent. Does show you how central Kawaii is to their scheme tho. 

Iggy already sai he is resigning. 

Cavs only way of getting George will cost them Love, which would be an upgrade but probably not good enough to beat the Warriors. 

OKC was arguably the best team in the league last year, too bad KD choked. 

Not worse and that point is laughable at best. Bulls, Celtics, and Pacers all challenged the Heat and had competitive series.

Jazz    5323

I mean the real solution is to have a salary cap system that prevents these type of super teams from forming. There needs to be a hard cap like in the NFL. The playoffs this year absolutely sucked. Even the competitive series seemed like a waste of time investing into because you knew it would end up being Cavs v Warriors 99/100 times.

I think it's dumb that like 30 players get the max anyway, and you can wind up with 3 max players on one team aorn. The max should probably be higher and maybe it should be exactly 51% of the cap, so you literally cannot have 2 max players on the same team. Under this system there's probably only about 5 players in the league deserving of a max, and you would prevent them from ever teaming up with each other. That's what I want. I want to see good, competitive basketball series top to bottom, and I want like 4-8 teams to be realistic title contenders every year.

Jazz    5323

Like, you guys are arguing about which super team is worse than the other. Fuck them all. Get it out of here!

+Mascis    4553

I agree with Jazz p much 

super teams are kinda cool to sell the city/team to fans but in a league as a whole it is not a good thing to have