Haruki

what are your religious views?

53 posts in this topic

panentheist, pantheist, agnostic, zen buddhist, and taoist

secular/atheist zen buddhist 

I believe that you should do good things because its the right thing to do. don't need a book to tell you how to not be a cunt

28 minutes ago, Blacklisted said:

I believe that you should do good things because its the right thing to do. don't need a book to tell you how to not be a cunt

I agree with this. I don't believe in anything and think every religion is a stupid placebo-isk lie. 

I don't berate anyone who believes in anything though. We're all different and therefore have different views. Noone's views are better than anothers. 

agnostic atheist

zen headbutt

agnostic state atheist

Church of Harambe

im catholic traditionally, i dont go to church or stuff like that. But my cousins usually ask me to be their kid's godfather 

tumblr_o3s25ocp0p1uzilxlo1_1280.jpg

This event represents the establishment of maat and the origin of life. One fragmentary tradition centers on the eight gods of the Ogdoad, who represent the characteristics of the primeval water itself. Their actions give rise to the sun (represented in creation myths by various gods, especially Ra), whose birth forms a space of light and dryness within the dark water.[68]

The sun was also closely associated with creation, and it was said to have first risen from the mound, as the general sun-god Ra or as the god Khepri, who represented the newly-risen sun.[6]  

In some texts the first humans spring from tears that Ra-Atum or his feminine aspect, the Eye of Ra, sheds

Jewish Atheist.

Edited by pablopablo

5 hours ago, fake said:

tumblr_o3s25ocp0p1uzilxlo1_1280.jpg

This event represents the establishment of maat and the origin of life. One fragmentary tradition centers on the eight gods of the Ogdoad, who represent the characteristics of the primeval water itself. Their actions give rise to the sun (represented in creation myths by various gods, especially Ra), whose birth forms a space of light and dryness within the dark water.[68] The sun rises from the first mound of dry land, another common motif in the creation myths, which was likely inspired by the sight of mounds of earth emerging as the Nile flood receded. With the emergence of the sun god, the establisher of maat, the world has its first ruler. 

The different creation myths have some elements in common. They all held that the world had arisen out of the lifeless waters of chaos, called Nu. They also included a pyramid-shaped mound, called the benben, which was the first thing to emerge from the waters.  

The sun was also closely associated with creation, and it was said to have first risen from the mound, as the general sun-god Ra or as the god Khepri, who represented the newly-risen sun.[6] There were many versions of the sun's emergence, and it was said to have emerged directly from the mound or from a lotus flower that grew from the mound, in the form of a heron, falcon, scarab beetle, or human child.

Another common element of Egyptian cosmogonies is the familiar figure of the cosmic egg, a substitute for the primeval waters or the primeval mound. One variant of the cosmic egg version teaches that the sun god, as primeval power, emerged from the primeval mound, which itself stood in the chaos of the primeval sea. 

In some texts the first humans spring from tears that Ra-Atum or his feminine aspect, the Eye of Ra, sheds in a moment of weakness and distress, foreshadowing humans' flawed nature and sorrowful lives.

so you believe in a myth from a tv show?.....

not much more far fetched than half of the worlds religions tbh!

I'm Zen/Daoist/Agnostic, I would borderline consider my Unitarian universalists though.

agnostic... something is out there and I like the stories and lessons that can come with certain religions but believing without having proof or a logical base is a tough pill to swallow.

i believe in eru iluvatar

18 hours ago, SSJ Grumpig said:

i believe in eru iluvatar

Get that shit back to the first age this is morgoth country 

agnostic atheist edgelord, as in, "if god(s) were proven to exist it would be mankind's #1 priority to kill it/them."

23 hours ago, TwoMelodies said:

so you believe in a myth from a tv show?.....

not much more far fetched than half of the worlds religions tbh!

only half, but certainly not yours, right?

In astrophysics, accretion is the accumulation of particles into a massive object by gravitationally attracting more matter, typically gaseous matter, in an accretion disk.[1][2] Most astronomical objects, such as galaxies, stars, and planets, are formed by accretion processes.

Stars are thought to form inside giant clouds of cold molecular hydrogen—giant molecular clouds of roughly 300,000 M☉ and 65 light-years (20 pc) in diameter.[6][7] Over millions of years, giant molecular clouds are prone to collapse and fragmentation.[8] These fragments then form small, dense cores, which in turn collapse into stars.[7] The cores range in mass from a fraction to several times that of the Sun and are called protostellar (protosolar) nebulae.

As the collapse continues, conservation of angular momentum dictates that the rotation of the infalling envelope accelerates, which eventually forms a disk.

The disk eventually disappears due to accretion onto the central star, planet formation, ejection by jets, and photoevaporation by ultraviolet radiation from the central star and nearby stars.[15] As a result, the young star becomes a weakly lined T Tauri star, which, over hundreds of millions of years, evolves into an ordinary Sun-like star, dependent on its initial mass. 

On 11/18/2016 at 9:22 AM, rei said:

Get that shit back to the first age this is morgoth country 

melkor dances to the ainunindale the same as the rest of the valar AND almost got his ass handed to him by a fucking elf

G.T.F.O.

Former Catholic, Former Hindu, current Deist leaning Hindu

i want to be catholic like my favorite writer converted to being. until then i guess i wont have a religion D: 

my mom is supposed to be protestant but i was never raised to be anything or told about god or to say prayers or anything like that. 

X

On 11/21/2016 at 3:46 AM, buckwheatloaf said:

i want to be catholic like my favorite writer converted to being. until then i guess i wont have a religion D: 

my mom is supposed to be protestant but i was never raised to be anything or told about god or to say prayers or anything like that. 

I don't understand how you can want to be Catholic (or any Religion, really) - as far as I'm aware you either believe in the teachings of Catholicism or you don't.

Then again, I don't really know what being religious is like so I can't really say anything.

technically you have to be baptized to be a catholic

technically i'm a catholic but tygo pretty much nailed it for me

buckwheat cant be catholic cus he gay af lmaoooooooo