Sign in to follow this  
Paxman

Time to build a new computer I guess

»Paxman    4776

Hi guys. Help me build a new 'pewder.

I am hardware illiterate (I don't keep myself up to date on what's new and what's good). It'll be for gaming. I have plenty of money to spend but I'd rather save $ for very minor loss of power. I may also start streaming again. Pls help.

+rei+    34637

i5-6600K processor, Z170 chipset motherboard, Radeon 480 gpu, 16gb of ram, 80+ gold PSU >500W, Corsair or NXZT ior whatever you think looks good case, Cooler Master MasterAir 4 heatsink (this is the newest version of the Hyper 212 series that everyone else will recommend, not everyone's kept up with the recent rebrand)

• Upvote 1

»Paxman    4776

sorry busy weekend, i'll price that up and get back to you with some questions if any <3

+Urthor    10210

480-->1070-->1080 if you decide you want to spend more on the GPU as well.  Monitor's also mildly important as well

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34637

yeah though both those options involve giving money to nvidia; if you aren't going vr or 5k the 480 will do ya 

+Urthor    10210

At least these days you're getting two way driver drama happening, instead of it being all on AMD's side.  We'll see how competitive they are with Vega 10 around the corner I guess