ACP

Open Applications for Ancient Mod (and other changes)

7 posts in this topic

By Wednesday night, the site rules will be updated. Many of them were vague or have become outdated. Additionally, I plan to cut some of our very inactive forums, as having bunch of dead forums gives as a bad image. This is mostly a cosmetic change and shouldn't negatively affect anyone.

Next, which is what I think most of you are clicking here for, I'm taking open applications for ancient mod. A bit of trivia, this was how I originally got put on the staff team back in 2010. If you are interested, please PM me your answers to the following questionnaire (do not post your answers in this thread). Realize that there are not really any wrong answers here. I'm more likely to hire someone that's being honest about their abilities than someone who's going overboard by trying to make themselves seem like the greatest thing ever. I will respond to your PM to let you know whether or not I am considering you for the position within a week of receiving it. This isn't a competition, and there is no limit on the number of people that I will consider hiring. If I believe that you're someone that we need on the team, you're in.

Staff Application Questionaire
1. On what date did you join DuelistGroundz.com? As of now, what is your post count? (If less than 1 year/500 posts, explain why we should hire you despite your lack of history.)
2. Have you previously been on staff? If so, what happened?
3. Why do you want to become a mod?
4. Which forums/subforums do you most frequently post in? Be specific (don't just say "yugioh"). In any of these forums, do you find yourself taking a leadership role in terms of guiding or organizing discussions? If so, explain.
5. Which of the following describes your current relationship with Yugioh (choose one):
a) I've never played
b) I used to play, but I quit and never intend to play again
c) I have quit, but I intend to start playing again
d) I play on some level, but the time that I have to dedicate to the game is more limited compared to most people
e) I actively try to play as much as I can
f) Other (explain in your own words)
6. To what extent do you have the ability to bring new active members to DuelistGroundz? Explain.

Also, don't PM me any troll applications. No, "Haha my name is Donald Trump and I'm going to make duelistgroundz great again by building a wall around pojo." I'm going to have a lot of PMs to read, and if you do this, you are wasting my time, and I will probably suspend you.

Added a new mod, but I'm taking still applications.

So hey umm are you still taking applications? You never actually clarified the state of this since you haven't updated us since well December 

3 hours ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

So hey umm are you still taking applications? You never actually clarified the state of this since you haven't updated us since well December 

yes

I’m still taking staff applications. Remember, “I’ve been here for awhile, think being mod would be cool, and I promise I won’t blow anything up” is not sufficient to be considered for the position.

As much as I love having the extra things to click on, if you guys have a limit on staffing powers, you can retire me. Barely modding and not remotely mafia or ygo. Obviously not going anywhere far because.... who the fuck ever leaves here... but yeah, take what you need.