Jujuuu.

[adult swim]

10 posts in this topic

In a world where the media is progressing further into the inter webs, televised media is hanging on by a thread that's strong as the creators and networks that continue to broadcast visual masterpieces such as Atlanta on FX, South Park on Comedy Central, and their contemporaries. a few of these networks even created experiences rather than simply casting programs, creating a real audience for their brand as a television network. One of those networks being Adult Swim, a network created by Cartoon Networks original Producer Mike Lazzo, is a television network that revolutionizes what a viewing experience is to their audience in which was literally built from the ground-up, airing home made shows such as Space Ghost: Coast to Coast and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. As time elapse, Adult Swim evolves into a television empire that allows the audience to be heard and praises creative content among the community. In what seems like the final eras of the television industry, Adult Swim will stick out as one it's last empires. 

Here's a more detailed explanation on Adult Swim [kaptainkristian]:

Links:

Official Website | Wikipedia | Bumps | Airing Schedule | Shows | Toonami

The reason I created this thread was to create a haven online where I and others who enjoy staying up late nights watching their favorite programs to converse with one another. Topics can be about their favorite shows (canceled or currently airing), about certain bumps that catches the eye, and so much more within the Adult Swim universe (which is basically anything). My experience with Adult Swim began at an early, innocent age like most of us when our minds sought out for the world. Watching these programs on late nights allowed me to become exposed to a lot of content all at once, which piqued my curiosity even further to gain my understanding of this brand new culture that my television presented me after a certain time of the night. Adult Swim may could have even taken credit in our aesthetic, creating a like-minded community not only in taste of programs, but in morals, fashion, etc... building upon the empire of fans. 

I'll add on to the thread if needed. If you have any recommendations, then feel free to tell me. 

P.S. I didn't want to title the thread "adult swim discussion thread" to keep things as minimal as possible.

Edited by Jojo.

3 hours ago, ducktape said:

adult swim > netflix and hulu

tim-and-eric-absolutely-o.gif

Am I the only one who enjoyed Xavier: The Renegade Angel? Despite being weird as fuck, it was attention grabbing.

6 hours ago, Jojo. said:

Am I the only one who enjoyed Xavier: The Renegade Angel? Despite being weird as fuck, it was attention grabbing.

i liked it

Pretty much universally engraved in my life even if I dont watch it anymore

I really hated Xavier. Was just too off the wall and nonsensical for me, although I was more into the "later" portion of swim with the action based anime like Trigun, Bebop, Inuyasha, FMA, Case Closed, YuYu Hakusho etc. did always think ATHF was hilarious tho

I'm just a dog. All I know is sit... And ball.... And rape. 

samurai jack march 11 11:30pm