Jujuuu.    39
21 hours ago, victor said:

Galaxy Serpent

This confuses me, would you be using gem-knight lazuli as a material to add this to your hand? How would you make derg? My bad if I sound remedial as fuck.

»victor    6400
1 hour ago, Jujuuu. said:

This confuses me, would you be using gem-knight lazuli as a material to add this to your hand? How would you make derg? My bad if I sound remedial as fuck.

Yes.

Gae Dearg requires a LV 2 Dragon Tuner (Galaxy Serpent) and a LV 4 Winged Beast (Harpie Lady).

Some other points worth noting are:

1) You can discard Hysteric Sign for Brilliant Fusion's second effect and trigger it :)

2) Galaxy Serpent being a LV 2 Dragon Tuner makes Harpie Channeler LV 7, so you can Synchro LV 9 (e.g. Cloudcastle) to go into True King of All Calamities.

3) With Hysteric Sign, you search Channeler, Harpist, and Feather Storm, so you have monster effect protection and free fodder for Channeler's effect if you want to use it, or fodder for Mariamne.

• Upvote 1

Brandis72    21

IDK if this is particularily well known, but Goku had a really good idea on Discord that could heavily improve the Zoo matchup of pure True Draco:

One of the main issues with standard builds of True Draco is that they rarely, if ever tribute monsters for their Master Peaces, thus making them vulnerable to any two summon zoo hand (achievable either with Barrage or with Diagram/Baobaboon).

This problem can be fixed by adding a playset each of Shock Troopers and Baobaboons, along with one Whiptail to give the deck both better diagram pops T1, and consistent access to monsterproof Master Peaces. These cards also fix many of the issues involving drawing multiples of hard OPT cards (Demise/Duality/Desires) with their filter effects.

Whether or not Baobaboon's upsides are worth the anti-synergy with Demise/Duality is up for debate, but this engine seems to show much theoretical promise in every other way (although it makes the deck more diagram reliant; a problem that could be fixed with a decksize increase and a set rotation engine).

I am by no means particularily good at this game, but here's my sample decklist:

Sideboard is very cherry compatible, so maybe that could be a good idea.

Others would be standard handtraps, field nukes, kaijus, and floodgates. 

m2qFCF4.png

Edited by Brandis72
  • Upvote 1

mark    3105

As elaboration on this deck (I am Goku on discord):

- If you draw Demise / Duality + Whiptail / Baobaboon, you will normal summon whiptail/baobaboon so you can tribute them for master peace

- If you don't draw Demise / Duality, you can Diagram Baobaboon for invoker to special whiptail and put drident on it. You can now still tribute invoker, but you also got 2 redraws off baobaboon which is valuable, and this doesn't even cost your normal summon

the thing about vortex trooper, baobaboon, is that you can pop them for their effects, but you can also normal summon them, fix your hand (esp putting back the brickfield you need for set rotation, or the whiptail / multiple baobaboons for example) and then tribute them for master peace. also, baobaboon + duality/demise doesn't conflict too heavily, because you can either summon baobaboon and use demise that turn, or you can pop baobaboon with diagram and then redraw duality/demise anyway. This also fixes opening doubles (for example, opening 2-3 of OPT cards such as demise, duality, desires).

that said, I'm not sure if 45 is justifiable in this case, and I'm not sure if your monster count isn't too high now esp with the 1-tribute monsters which could be problematic, I'd probably cut a few of those, it makes your demise weak and you play enough spells / traps that you can diagram for master peace anyway 

so the main combo to aim for should be monster + true draco spell or trap + diagram or master peace, basically

• Upvote 1

»victor    6400

I kind of feel with that deck though, there is no reason not to play The Monarchs Storm Forth.

Escalation of the Monarchs does pretty much what you want, as well, since you can Tribute it for a True Draco (not sure if Battle Phase has additional relevance).

But at that point, you might as well, play Brilliant Fusion (since you have Vortex Trooper and Baobaboon to mitigate your Garnet), and then you can play LIGHTS like Kuraz or Majesty's Fiend (there's probably something better), and COTH lets you reuse Baobaboon and chain Vortex Trooper to destruction, not to mention you can chain/pop for profit.

»victor    6400

Also, it's possible to revive this deck: 

http://blog.coretcg.com/deck-profile-will-preising-and-robby-nyes-tiki-traps/

300?cb=20170330170822

The notion of playing offensive cards like Rivalry of Warlords (protects against Kaiju), Escalation, 6 True Draco/King Traps, Skill Drain, Anti-Spell Fragrance, Imperial Custom, Imperial Order, COTH, etc. and maybe even the Trap monsters, with Magic Planter.

It was a lot better when we had That Grass Looks Greener at 3, because you could dump Dark Summoning Beast and get the search, but food for thought.

300?cb=20110227024125

also works with the Field Spells so it's good bait.