Bundle of Sticks

dragon rulers 2: electric boogaloo True Kings / True Dracos

31 posts in this topic

Another goodshit idea I stumbled upon today was that you can turn Mare Mare into a crazy number of things:

Summon 3 tokens, make Denglong with 1, mill Draius to become a 6, make Yazi with 1, self-destruct to summon, and then do whatever.

If you run 2 Mare, you can mill 1 with Deng to make it 7, then sync with the other 2 tokens to make Trishula or Cloudcastle (also accessible through Denglong milling Master Peace + 1 token)

Magma Dragon lets you revive Mare, which makes it more accessible than just through Litho, although that locks up your summons.

Now, a super neat thing this interaction does is leave you with a field of Magma, Mare, and a King.

Summon 2 tokens with Mare to become a 5, and then sync 9 with Magma to make Chaofeng.

Chaofeng is a synchro 9 you can summon while locked under Magma, but the real interesting part of this interaction is this:

Destroy Chaofeng to search tuners. This is big for the mirror match because you can search Ghost Reaper, which makes your opponent unable to make an Xyz to get over your last monster, or even run it over because then Reaper is live.

MACR came out in Japan, and people are running Master Peace a lot more than I expected.

Normally against most decks you want to tribute monster/spell because that lets you beat Eclipse/Raigeki/etc, but interestingly you want to go monster/trap in the TK mirror because Apocalypse and Revival are searchable destruction, but also because spell immunity makes itself lose the +300 from Diagram as well as the battle protection, not to mention that 2 Diagrams on the field suddenly means that everything other than Bahrastos, Maiden, and Draius can run him over. 

MP is strong against VFD because it's unaffected by his stun, and also because you can just CL2 his effect to kill VFD.

MP is a way bigger in-engine Drancia, which opens up the opportunity to skip Zoodiacs in favor of other strong continuous floodgates that you can tribute off for MP, Draius, or even Knuckle.

Strong floodgates such as ASF, Deck Lockdown, Mistake, etc.

Dunno why you'd bother with Draius, he's actually just straight up the worst out of the small guys.

Also not sure why you'd want to skip Zoodiacs when this memey little fuck exists.

latest?cb=20170113145550

3 hours ago, DukeLukewarm said:

Dunno why you'd bother with Draius, he's actually just straight up the worst out of the small guys.

How? He's the only one that does anything when summoned off of Revival which lets you counter Encore/Chalice on VFD, not to mention being an ever-important counter to Drancia.

The only small ones I would play in a non-Zoo build are 2 Draius and 1 Knuckle (activating Revival from the deck is pretty big). Draius also warps the mirror match which will be a big deal after people start playing the mirror.

2 level 6s also lets you get Dragulas, who also counters Drancia/VFD/etc

2 Level 6 monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster on the field that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck; change it to face-down Defense Position. If this face-up card in its owner's control is sent to your Graveyard or banished by your opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon this card in face-down Defense Position. If this card is flipped face-up: Send 1 card on the field to the Graveyard.

Screenshot_3.png

I think a version of only True Dracos is the best/most consistent.
Knuckles is amazing, but MP is the true MVP. Draius is a little underwhelming, but that because I had highest expectation for it.

Majesty and Ignis, 3-1 now, started 2-2, but honestly because of the "low" monster count I change the ratios.

Bulb is ok because you can destroy it with Diagram in hand and get it effect after.
Duality is really nice in this version of the Deck, but maybe cut it down to 2 and bump Disciples to 3 can work too.

Fiendish Chain can by replaced with Anti-Spell or Mistake, and either of them are probably better.

Ultimaya+Crystal+Stardust can be anything, I just want to try that, honestly I rarelly use any extra deck monster aside from Coral and Rank 5-6.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Black Ace

11 hours ago, DukeLukewarm said:

Also not sure why you'd want to skip Zoodiacs when this memey little fuck exists.

latest?cb=20170113145550

OCG is already on this. The Asia Championship Qualifier for Thailand was yesterday and this was everywhere:

ACWQ2017Thailand_1st.jpg