Gemstone Mine

Multis try to play mafia together, get utterly destroyed

ika    37
3 hours ago, SilverWolf said:

Also, as an FYI ika and I have played together a lot and are fairly good at reading each other. I'd like us to sort each other first so.

Vote: ika

Hi, Are you town this game? 

HIIIIIIII

yes i am town, you be tonw?

vote silverwolf

if anyone see us talking to each other its a typical thing we do in our games. you kinda saw it from the previous game

ika    37
2 hours ago, Jazz said:

I'm still not convinced on this as far as D1 goes. I think it can be potentially better to wait until you have a crucial piece of info to reveal anything. If you claim D1 and scum night kills you, you never get any value out of your power. D1 is the easiest day to get a mislynch so you get a lot of value from town's perspective if you learn the info about a mislynch for example. I think it makes sense to wait but probably not too long.

while i breifly adressed this and has been by others let me counter each point that you have made and show why its better

1) Scums killing a GD n1 basicly says the a witch got klynched n1. also the presit is alive and gets a check off

2) GD not using his powers is a moot point, this is jsut scum hunting like normal like any other mafia game, the powers are jsut to help so

3) this is countered by the fact that again, a GD is gonna be protected n1 so it will get that info out

now bonus points

A) if we have scum!apprentice with town!GD they can nuke the GD n1 silently and take full controll of the roles

B) in a scum!GD world, they have to continue to tell the truth about flips or risk being caught in a lie

C) in the event that town got myslynched day 1, the presit can check the GD on n1. however it also plays to the opposite that a scum lynch day 1 will mean GD nuked n1 so preist has no incentive to check GD on n1.

the GD itself is a self resloving role by its claiming

ika    37
49 minutes ago, Nelrick said:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/HGXKTLBj7Fa this is the qt from the past game since i dont think it was posted.

It was posted at endgame, im actualy quesitonign if you still agree with the principle that GD should not claim day 1 with all the evidence and points people have made as well as the first game as evidecne for why its a good idea for GD to claim

also if apprentice chose GD and the GD does not claim i expect them to out them so we can lynch them. if anyone chose judgde im taking it as a scum claim

SilverWolf    7
10 minutes ago, ika said:

HIIIIIIII

yes i am town, you be tonw?

vote silverwolf

if anyone see us talking to each other its a typical thing we do in our games. you kinda saw it from the previous game

Hi ika, Yes I'm town. 

Do you have any ideas on how specific roles should play, claim, etc that would be helpful and protown to put in the game? I know how you feel about gravedigger and I agree.

ika    37
Just now, SilverWolf said:

Hi ika, Yes I'm town. 

Do you have any ideas on how specific roles should play, claim, etc that would be helpful and protown to put in the game? I know how you feel about gravedigger and I agree.

Sure, name any role you want to knwo and i will elaborate on how they should play as town

also that reminds me, oracle and watchamns should claim if they are run up for lynch and reveal who they peeked fi they think its on someone who could be myslycnhed if they are clear towns then just stay silent about it

SilverWolf    7
Just now, ika said:

Sure, name any role you want to knwo and i will elaborate on how they should play as town

also that reminds me, oracle and watchamns should claim if they are run up for lynch and reveal who they peeked fi they think its on someone who could be myslycnhed if they are clear towns then just stay silent about it

OK, start by telling me about the bonus roles and we can go from there since these roles aren't always in the games. 

Nelrick    2392
4 minutes ago, ika said:

Id like to know how the peeping tom should play or choose to use its role since i dont fully understand it.

Also who should the priest check purely based on roles? If the GD is not a good n1 check then who is(apart from the people you think are witches)?

Nelrick    2392
10 minutes ago, ika said:

It was posted at endgame, im actualy quesitonign if you still agree with the principle that GD should not claim day 1 with all the evidence and points people have made as well as the first game as evidecne for why its a good idea for GD to claim

also if apprentice chose GD and the GD does not claim i expect them to out them so we can lynch them. if anyone chose judgde im taking it as a scum claim

After thinking it over i do agree with your points.

So i would be claiming GD if it was town, cant speak for the res though.

ika    37
1 minute ago, SilverWolf said:

OK, start by telling me about the bonus roles and we can go from there since these roles aren't always in the games. 

insquitioner as town should be targeting anyone that they feel fit. i dunno who is aligned to what role offahnd (ie the power/def but i know holy is presit) but they should die silently unless if they feel liek that the results they have is game breaking or counters what someone else says. if inquit find prest at any point they should play it off and act like normal. i find insqu to be a weaker role overall for town but can dispell fakeclaims by scums in the right hands. i would also suggest targeting people you think that might die at night or people who you cant figure out

for fourtin teller, it goes without saying that they need to pick presit. if prest gets nuked at any point before the reveal, i would come out right away and claim that prest is dead so we can look back on what his or hers potential checks are. this is utterly important if prest gets nuked n1

Gut feeling so far

Townish

Nelrick

Jazz

Silverwolf

the rest not sure on yet. 

ika    37
1 minute ago, Nelrick said:

Id like to know how the peeping tom should play or choose to use its role since i dont fully understand it.

Also who should the priest check purely based on roles? If the GD is not a good n1 check then who is(apart from the people you think are witches)?

peeping tom is one of the most dealy of roles IMO (this is obviously excluding the holys)

basicly it works like this, at night it can decide to "wake up" (watch) another person action and get their info. if the role is dead (like hunter) it could do the action in its place. it not only works great on fidning out if a role is dead or not, but it double over as check agaisnt someoe trying to lie.

if the peeping tom is to check GD on a night and then the GD says the opposite or diffrent of what peep found, eh could come out and catch the GD in a lie. this also puts presseure on a scum!GD who has a town!PT

its also good on holding a judge acocuntable if they are doign quesitonable lynches.

it can also act like the watchamn in event it gets nuked n1 or lynched.

basicly how i see peeping tom is as a role that can play any card and its up to the player to act int he best intrest of it. i would suggest watching judge if we go to no lynch on a point or the GD if it is to claim and be qustionable results

• Upvote 1

slickz    4289

^ Way to early for those kinds of reads. I'm wary of openly helpful or friendly posts right off the bat on day 1 

Also, I can see merit for gd claiming on day 1. I'm all for it and think town should vote on this

• Upvote 1

ika    37

im not sure if i explained it welll enough, if not let me know. i kidna streamed it out of consuis thoughts

ika    37
4 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

^ Way to early for those kinds of reads. I'm wary of openly helpful or friendly posts right off the bat on day 1 

Also, I can see merit for gd claiming on day 1. I'm all for it and think town should vote on this

why makes you weary of gut reads?

as for the later is that regards to me?

Nelrick    2392
31 minutes ago, ika said:

peeping tom is one of the most dealy of roles IMO (this is obviously excluding the holys)

basicly it works like this, at night it can decide to "wake up" (watch) another person action and get their info. if the role is dead (like hunter) it could do the action in its place. it not only works great on fidning out if a role is dead or not, but it double over as check agaisnt someoe trying to lie.

if the peeping tom is to check GD on a night and then the GD says the opposite or diffrent of what peep found, eh could come out and catch the GD in a lie. this also puts presseure on a scum!GD who has a town!PT

its also good on holding a judge acocuntable if they are doign quesitonable lynches.

it can also act like the watchamn in event it gets nuked n1 or lynched.

basicly how i see peeping tom is as a role that can play any card and its up to the player to act int he best intrest of it. i would suggest watching judge if we go to no lynch on a point or the GD if it is to claim and be qustionable results

How is the PT watching the judge good for town?

If the judge decides the lynch then dont we all find out who he decided to kill?

slickz    4289
24 minutes ago, ika said:

why makes you weary of gut reads?

as for the later is that regards to me?

Because calling something a gut read is basically saying "I'm voting you and I can't explain why". 

I guess. Can we talk more about the pros and cons of a gd day 1 claim

Nelrick    2392

Not claiming GD as scum also seems bad because then you lose if the apprentice chose GD, since everyone will wonder why you didnt claim it earlier.

ika    37
30 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

Because calling something a gut read is basically saying "I'm voting you and I can't explain why". 

I guess. Can we talk more about the pros and cons of a gd day 1 claim

name any cons to why GD should not claim d1 and i will counter it

also hes not voting hes stating who he thinks is town

Flacko    2143

it seems like you guys (ika silver) already have a good idea of how witchhunt works and have very meta playstyles. your methods of 'confirming' town seem pretty 100%.

i dont mean to say you aren't playing this game well, but just saying how people should play their roles seems sort of lame, not that we hadn't done it in the past, just you guys seem to know the ins and outs of every role and how it should be played and that is just like playing the game for other people. i look at what you have to say and its very intelligent but i like to have fun playing this game too, you know. your ideas seem pretty smart, and to go against really intelligent ways to figure out who's witch or town would just be bad. it just seems super uninteresting to just sit here and have someone else tell me how another role should be played.

maybe its just me though. 

would anyone like to play a custom game next round? i like the idea of no flip but roles revealed just seem like everyone can figure things out easily. i liked the idea of sending in your own roles and them being shuffled around to be used in a game. we could try that again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Flacko    2143

yes i have played witch hunt before this is like my 5th time playing.

ive been playing this game for almost 2 years now and i prefer the town alignment i guess but sometimes playing scum or some other alignment is pretty cool. i dont think it matters too much but i am more comfortable playing town. 

Flacko    2143

gravedigger feel free to claim.