ACP

DuelingNexus.com discussion

40 posts in this topic

https://duelingnexus.com/

The yugioh community seems to be very excited about this, and it might be the next big thing just because it's browser-based.

It's automated, so basically it's YGOPro in a browser.

I haven't tested it yet, but I hope to do so soon. To anyone who's tested it, how is it? What bugs are there, if any?

For starters, there is no option to make decks that do not conform to the current ban list, so you cannot make goat decks.

Aesthetics of the lobby and the chat being a discord channel are not great at this point, but that should be fixable.

Haven't played a game yet, but I like the looks of the dueling field.

the deck editor is kinda clunky imo. i often am not able to add a card to my deck because the drag and drop sucks. also like you have to know the card names of everything to find the card you want. there are 0 filter options.

i've played 2 games so far. there is a 4 min time limit on each side. i don't know it resets on each turn i wasn't paying close attention, or if it's like a chess clock. either way, there is no option to adjust the time settings.

im giving it the benefit of the doubt though as this is an alpha build

4 minutes a turn is no where near enough time. I won't even bother playing until they fix that.

also, unless im going crazy, you can't see what they added to their hand with search effects

I don't understand why they decided to make this thing fully automated. This was one of the main benefits to DN over YGOPRO. Isn't it less work for the developers to program a manual game like DN?

The only argument I can see is if you want to have ranked play without admins/mods. I guess that's why you would have a time limit as well.

I joined a game against a random opponent to test it out. It's still really buggy. I activated Diamond Dude's effect and didn't see the revealed card. I activated Rota and Smashing Ground and they worked smoothly. Viewing the Graveyards is weird because you have to right click the field to get out of it, there's not "close" button.

there is a cancel button. that gets you out of most shit. especially good if you have twin twister and accidentally chain to something, you don't have to commit to the chain

31 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I don't understand why they decided to make this thing fully automated. This was one of the main benefits to DN over YGOPRO. Isn't it less work for the developers to program a manual game like DN?

It felt like 90% of the reason we abandoned YVD was because with DN there was no need to download anything. Why people think an automated downloaded program is the way to go is beyond me.

hello everyone.

For decks you use ygopro to C/p the deck over from you Ydk files on your computer.  Gameplay seemed really messy and clunky to me, it's weird because it seems like you need ygopro percy anyways in order to play dueling nexus do to first glance at deck making. 

you can't use momorat's eff when its attached to a zoodiac xyz

I tried it yesterday and as far as I could tell there was no way to respond to things that don't cause chains.

5 hours ago, Oh_The_Irony said:

I tried it yesterday and as far as I could tell there was no way to respond to things that don't cause chains.

this passes me off so much.so many lost games 

It's JavaScript based unlike DN which is nice. Not sure who the developer is, but I assume it would be easy to get people on his team to help him develop the website further.

Edited by N.Nick

Another issue I've had is when someone uses the metalfoe effects their opponent cannot see what was set by the effect

They made a Fuckton of updates between 12/10 & Today! This kooks promising

On 12/10/2016 at 3:34 PM, RZR_DigbickThePickleMan said:

you can't use momorat's eff when its attached to a zoodiac xyz

this still is not fixed 

1 hour ago, Sanjura said:

this still is not fixed 

Sounds like a feature not a bug

What country is it hosted in? How does it evade NAS?

On 12/10/2016 at 3:29 PM, Jazz said:

The only argument I can see is if you want to have ranked play without admins/mods. I guess that's why you would have a time limit as well.

As a developer yes and no. Manual sims require that you nail the human element and the technical. Automated one you only need to nail the server communication. Tens of developers either have taken care off or are taking care of all the other aspects and you only focus on programming. Asking a 17-30yr programmer how to handle 100+ angry teenagers online with DDOS attack software is not an easy question. 

If you are good with handling people a manual sim is easier, if you are good at figuring out complex problems an automatic sim is easier. Your background language also plays a role. From what I've seen the more intelligent and/or educated programmers hate web based technologies passionately due to the proliferation of JavaScript. Going to college actually hurts you hear as it teaches you everything not to do as how to work with it. 

Most people would rather solve one or two problems and not deal with re-inventing the wheel. At current count there are almost 11 variants of YGOPro including this one, and 4 manual browser based sims. There are "politic-like" issues between all the developers and we are split ideologically then add in our own egos. If you have enough skill to not be thumb'ed under another developer taking his code for yourself and building something might be easier, or that developer might be so much of a lunatic you are better writing it yourself.

Remember everyone involved here is a teenager or young adult. I'm pretty sure I am the oldest at 28.

I'm guessing here but it look like nexus took either IceYGO's server (devpro, salvation, dawn) and wrote a websocket API to it like I had told him and FH (they then said no, and do it myself and I couldnt because I lacked the skills)  and made an API, they may have used mine that has been laying around for litterally years now to get a jumpstart or written it themselves. Either way I applaud the work and we will see if they socially fuck up the user base or put an end to all this bickering.

They arent avoiding NAS and there is no way of avoiding NAS in pure browser, it doesnt have enough memory.

Edited by Zayelion

If you want to avoid NAS, just put your dueling sim on the dark web with a .onion server. They won't be able to get your site taken down, just the same way that all of the buy-illegal-drugs sites are still up over there. Anyone can do this.

26 minutes ago, ACP said:

If you want to avoid NAS, just put your dueling sim on the dark web with a .onion server. They won't be able to get your site taken down, just the same way that all of the buy-illegal-drugs sites are still up over there. Anyone can do this.

This stops them from finding and suing/notifying your provider, but not you the developer, but we are poor so thats pointless waste of money. End users would require tor browsers while still "less" than installing say a launcher its still considerable.

If you can't install a TOR browser, you don't deserve to play online ygo anyways. It would weed out a great number of the retards.

Obviously whoever did this would need to take a number of other precautions to make sure that they could not be identified. You're right that it would not work for you for example, since everyone already has a decent idea of who you are. Of course you could "stop" working on YGOSalv and "give" the project to a "new" developer, who used a different pseudonym and did a better job of being effectively anonymous.

1 hour ago, Zayelion said:

At current count there are almost 11 variants of YGOPro including this one, and 4 manual browser based sims. 

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm which ones?

3 hours ago, Satchmo said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm which ones?

ygonetwork.com

Supposedly a DN clone that will launch Friday, but whatever you do don't give them your email yet