HououinKyouma

2017 MLB Thread

Tom Brady    79
23 hours ago, HououinKyouma said:

Signed with Pads for 3 mil. Scott Boras is a god etc etc

Has trouble hitting 82 with his fastball now and got 3 mil. Not everyone can be a master

HououinKyouma    801
2 hours ago, Tom Brady said:

Has trouble hitting 82 with his fastball now and got 3 mil. Not everyone can be a master

As an Angels fan I have mad respect for WTY, but obviously his time seems to be up. Except that Preller thought it was ok to give Weav 3 mil??? But seriously I hope he has a few gems for the Pads next year so they don't hate the man. He has a passion for the game that is fun to watch (even when he gave up like 3 hrs in a game).

»Barron    7987

Yeah, feels good again know I got something to watch every day. Pretty excited for this year and hope everyone can stay healthy.

HououinKyouma    801
13 hours ago, 7hhzz7 said:

Yeah, feels good again know I got something to watch every day. Pretty excited for this year and hope everyone can stay healthy.

Yea the Dodgers are going to be great, best pitcher in baseball and the second smartest if not the smartest front office in all of baseball with tons of $$$.

At least I have Trout to look forward to.

ZeroPassion    695

R E V I V E

E

V

I

V

E

Opening Day tomorrow!

Yankees at Rays

Giants at Diamondbacks

Cubs at Cardinals 

Nats / Cubs / Dodgers / Mets / Rockies (Dark Horse) in NL playoffs

Red Sox / Indians / Astros / Yankees / Rangers in AL playoffs

Rockies pull off a shocker and win the NL Pennant while the Red Sox win the AL Pennant with ease for a WS rematch of 2007, 10 years later, but the Rockies win in 6.

Talk about a hot take, yo!

ZeroPassion    695

Over a fourth of the season through at this point.

In the NL...

How about those Rockies? I thought they'd be giving some competition in the West, but look at them in first place. Diamondbacks are doing better than I thought they would. Pitching has improved, although Miller having tommy john is all kinds of disappointing. Dodgers should be able to make a push for the overall NL West title but I wouldn't be shocked if the Rockies took it.

NL Central is shocking to me. I'm a Brewers fan, but I did not expect the Brewers to come out and be in first place at any point after April. Starting pitching has been subpar, but their offense is legit. If both Thames and Braun can be healthy then that'd be great; otherwise, their depth offensively has been outstanding. Cubs are surprisingly playing under their ability as of now. Expect them to make a run sooner or later given their talent. Cards came out strong for a little bit but are coming back to reality. Same for the Reds but they'll burn hard.

NL East is pathetic. Nats are a great team and should make it to the playoffs easily. 

On the AL side....

Astros the best team in baseball thus far. Although they were swept by Cleveland, it is safe to say they are going to be competing for the AL West title. I'd say they'd outright win the thing, but the Rangers have been hot. Would admittingly piss me off if Texas won it, but it'd be deserved. 

AL Central is being led by the Twins! A surprise team. Ervin Santana has been pitching out of his mind...besides against Boston and Colorado. Indians should catch back up if their starting pitching gets back to how it should be. Best pen in baseball.

AL East has surprised us with Yankees in first. Team has supposedly been overperforming but they are for real. The rookies and vets are both performing as they should - starting pitching suspect as well. Orioles doing their orioles things and winning more than they should (Go Showalter!) . Boston has underperformed more than i thought they would. I'm glad the Brewers have beaten them thus far. :^)

wild mlb season!

Who is excited for the rest of the season to unfold? Division predictions at this point?

• Upvote 1

ZeroPassion    695

ksh3cddqtkl71zs7hnke.jpg

Those Rockies man.

That NL West, as a matter of fact, the top 3 sweeping their weekend series and not gaining any ground anywhere. Wow. 

+mmf    23472

Lol are the astros actually good again wtf

ZeroPassion    695
8 minutes ago, mmf said:

Lol are the astros actually good again wtf

yes!

although when 4 of your starting pitchers go on the DL, that success is not going to hold up. replacement starting has been decent, but going 3-6 on the most recent homestand does not do you any favors either. 

ZeroPassion    695

AL West is a dumpster fire for the rest of the teams, although each team actually plays really well at home for some ungodly reason. The road records otherwise have been terrible (except for the stros)

Edited by ZeroPassion

+mmf    23472

although each team actually plays really well at home for some ungodly reason.

not uncommon or even unexpected in baseball at all??

»Barron    7987

I'm not sure if Rockies SP will last though, shit starts to hit the fan after ASB so we'll see how that goes.

Haruki    9163

aaron judge is the truth

HououinKyouma    801

Angels are 1 game back from the second wild card after having their entire starting rotation, their late innings guys, and Mike Trout out for huge chunks of the season. Not sure how that happened but I'll take it.

ZeroPassion    695
16 hours ago, HououinKyouma said:

Holy fuck that Dodgers choke tonight.

yeah that's brutal

meanwhile the brewers lose their top pitcher for a few weeks and i am sleeping in the cyanide after this road trip

this beatdown of the reds is making me feel so much better right now

»Barron    7987

They've been on a roll the last month+ and have the 2nd best record in the MLB [1st is Astros by a game]. Good win tonight though!