Sign in to follow this  
Bagasem

Problem with food

Bagasem    2

I feel like it's one of the worst bodily pleasures, if not the worst. I'm excluding obviously harmful things such as drugs. I know people who would prefer to spend something like 2 hours a day making food just so that it tastes nice while I prefer to spend 10-20 minutes to make something that's edible, nutritious, and not bad-tasting, but not great-tasting either. I'd rather make use of those 2 hours watching a movie or something rather than just satisfying my taste buds.

Overindulging in food can also make one obese, of course, and I've seen a lot of social misconduct caused by people being irrational about food. A couple of examples: I have a friend whose brain almost literally shuts off when food is on the way or food is on the plate. He gets too excited to the point that he can't function socially and his mind is set on the food. Another friend complains to waiters about the slightest issue regarding his food, often in an obnoxious manner.

I long for a life in which food is unnecessary since I find it an obstacle for many people and its pleasure is no where as cerebral as when watching a movie, playing a game, listening to music, reading an article, or simply chatting with a buddy. I enjoy tasty food when I have it with ease, but I won't go out of my way by spending a ton of time making food tasty or bugging others just because my taste buds aren't satisfied 110%. Food itself isn't a monster, but some people's approach just concerns me...

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34506

You can make an amazing steak in less than ten minutes argument invalid 

• Upvote 2

mark    3105
2 hours ago, Bagasem said:

I long for a life in which food is unnecessary since I find it an obstacle for many people and its pleasure is no where as cerebral as when watching a movie, playing a game, listening to music, reading an article, or simply chatting with a buddy.

Welcome to Duelistgroundz 

»ACP    33401

If you view food as more of an evil than a pleasure in life, I'd recommend soylent. It's a pretty cheap and convenient way to make sure that all of your nutritional needs are met, while technically not really being "food." 

• Upvote 2

Jazz    5108

I find this mentality really strange. Humans are literally hard wired to enjoy good tasting food. There is also a huge cultural significance to food. There is nothing wrong with being a foodie.

It sounds like your main complaint is that your friends have bad manners.

I also think you're far more likely to be obese if you don't value good food and instead take the lazy approach of eating packaged/processed food.

+rei+    34506

he also sucks at cooking 2 hours for a good meal lol

website is bad    2170

allen soylents gonna give him the mold shits

youre a bad admin wtf

impeach

• Upvote 3

+rei+    34506

its people

SSJ Grumpig    5618

this combined with the family thing makes me think you are just in your early 20s and you overthink everything

just eat whatever/however you want and reprimand your friends for their shitty manners, not their eating habits

• Upvote 1

Bagasem    2
17 hours ago, ACP said:

If you view food as more of an evil than a pleasure in life, I'd recommend soylent. It's a pretty cheap and convenient way to make sure that all of your nutritional needs are met, while technically not really being "food." 

Did you seriously say food is evil? Food is good, eat it for god's sake and enjoy it. I'm not saying to stuff your face with garbage 24/7 but come on man. Life is shit, enjoy the little things when you can.