• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mascis

battle of the rap/hip-hop acts on the scene since 2000 ROUND 1

115 posts in this topic

Kanye
Future
Busdriver
Kendrick
Lupe
Royce
Nicki
Troy Barnes
CES Cru
Danny Brown
Das Rascist
The Game
Immortal Technique
M.I.A.
-I dont know, Wakka I guess

12 hours ago, subculture bitch said:

not 2ch either. ive never been an imageboard type of girl. and yeah i wasnt mad at you but mad at fucking "theyre not music" like really

You've made your point, now shut the fuck up. I was legit wondering if people liked that stuff, well apparently they do. Not my taste though. 

TIL dgz literally knows dick all about hip hop lmfao

Rappers that got nominated:

Childish Gambino

Wale

Das Racist

Rappers that didnt get nominated:

Young Dolph

Lil Bibby

Lil Mouse

Migos

G Herbo

can we just rename this the battle of the comedy acts that came out since 2000 since apparently none of you pay any attention to the contemporary rap game at all?

this is more embarrassing than the killers beating streetlight manifesto rofl

not gonna bother voting

i shoulda put migos in over wale im fuckin dumb af

tfw your own city doesn't take you seriously as a hip hop act

tfw u scared of females n cry wen u fuck

5 hours ago, mark said:

You've made your point, now shut the fuck up. I was legit wondering if people liked that stuff, well apparently they do. Not my taste though. 

Nah you were right to get called out because you acted like a complete fucking stereotype. I had to do a double take to check whether Hopsin had made a Dgz account.

@Fullerene60 can you vote on j cole vs. eyedea?

Reminder that music taste is subjective no matter what one of the whitest dude on the site might tell you. 

4 minutes ago, Nelrick said:

Reminder that music taste is subjective no matter what one of the whitest dude on the site might tell you. 

yeah man music is all subjective bro, comedy acts and music that expresses real feelings and actual concrete experiences of the streets are completely interchangeable

film taste is subjective too man, if u think the star wars prequels were bad maybe u shud just OPEN UR MIND :O:O:O

Agree that shit you listed should've been included but I feel the need to come to childish's defense because are you fucking kidding? 

Just now, mmf said:

yeah man music is all subjective bro, comedy acts and music that actually expresses real feelings and experiences of the streets are completely interchangeable

film taste is subjective too man, if u think the star wars prequels were bad maybe u shud just OPEN UR MIND :O:O:O

oh shit man my bad ill be sure to join your group of friends and circlejerk about our superior music taste (and film too?) on the contemporary rap game

I had no idea you felt identified with the experiences of the streets rofl. 

i believe that if you like something or an artist or whatever that is objectively or universally considered "bad" , that is ok and there isn't anything wrong with you as a person. you have to just know that whatever you like is bad, and don't try to justify it as good.

i think the phantom menac is a better movie than citizen kane n eveyrthing is subjETIVE so NO 1 CAN TELL ME IM RONG :)

be sure to follow @mmf on fb for real critique of the current rap game. 

1 minute ago, Nelrick said:

oh shit man my bad ill be sure to join your group of friends and circlejerk about our superior music taste (and film too?) on the contemporary rap game

I had no idea you felt identified with the experiences of the streets rofl. 

yeah it really is nice to have friends that are able to introduce me to deeper and more meaningful musical acts than childish fucking gambino

yes you should folllow my social media accounts to cop the latest in contemporary hip hop critiques such as these gems

PBKWRQf.gif

a8qS4gG.gif

ijYFHN7.gif

3 minutes ago, mmf said:

yeah it really is nice to have friends that are able to introduce me to deeper and more meaningful musical acts than childish fucking gambino

How about you link some of that meaningful and deep music that relates to you growing up as a young black man in a poor neighbohood having to hustle to get that bread know what i mean.

The first one i looked up is a 15 year old who beat up an 8 year for snitching (?) tbh i feel indentified too.

ftr i dont really care about gambino i just think its hilarious that fucking dennis frogman would come out to teach us about the contemporary rap game and deep and meaningful music.

I can get you a ticked to a poor city in south america if you ever want to experience deep and meaningful shit.

3 minutes ago, Nelrick said:

Im actually interested in listening to some good rappers but if this is whats good http://genius.com/Lil-mouse-computers-lyrics then im ok being bad

its a fucking banger wtf is wrong with u

better than a good half of wale's entire library combined

Just now, mmf said:

its a fucking banger wtf is wrong with u

im used to this bangers 

7 minutes ago, Nelrick said:

if those were all ironic posts then gg wp

no 0% irony, i really do think you guys are predictably tasteless neophytes with the musical palates of middle schoolers

its ok though i can show u all the light

follow me on twitter buy my mixtape it will go triple platnimum in the first day

"buy my mixtape" lmao