Starlight Warrior

Gishkill: Can It Be Revived and Modernized? (OVER A YEAR OLD, CURRENTLY UNUSABLE)

66 posts in this topic

Hmm... perhaps I'm getting caught in the same trap of misunderstanding as when I was in kindergarten.  See, my parents taught me to read before they sent me off to school, so when we're all asked to read stuff aloud from whatever book we were looking at, everyone else stuttered and stumbled, and I couldn't help but wonder why they were having so much trouble.  Wasn't being smug, I was just confused.

Strategic intuition doesn't happen for everyone, I suppose.  Mine's not the best, but it's sharper than most.  I guess intense study and strong instincts have their own pros and cons, huh?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

theres a difference between playing for fun and playing to win, to the point where everytime you lose, there's probably always something that you could've done (played better, played better earlier in the game, played a better deck, bluffed more, won the previous duel, etc.) to increase your odds. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Starlight Warrior said:

Hmm... perhaps I'm getting caught in the same trap of misunderstanding as when I was in kindergarten.  See, my parents taught me to read before they sent me off to school, so when we're all asked to read stuff aloud from whatever book we were looking at, everyone else stuttered and stumbled, and I couldn't help but wonder why they were having so much trouble.  Wasn't being smug, I was just confused.

Strategic intuition doesn't happen for everyone, I suppose.  Mine's not the best, but it's sharper than most.  I guess intense study and strong instincts have their own pros and cons, huh?

no, hard work and friendship always beats instinct, the yugioh amine says so

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that we're firmly on page 2, and everyone's gotten their "lol unplayable"s out of their system, and Allen's gotten his threadly bash on Hoban in, can we actually talk about the deck yet?

The deck in OP is a pretty horrible starting point, since the only reason that deck worked was the obscene number of draw spells legal at the same time. Without the 9 extra Upstarts from Chicken Game it's not even useful as a base. The best way to go is likely back to the deck's roots as a Salvage combo deck, which, imo was the much cooler iteration of the deck anyway. The Shadow/Vision/Salvage package is defintely clunky, but so is the Bamboo shit, MSE, Spell Counter stuff, Lich Lord, Vanity, and running 5 copies of Library. The deck in OP is basically playing a 4 card version of double Blasting the Ruins + Magical Explosion / triple Blasting the Ruins, rather than embracing the only thing that made the Gishki deck worth considering, the ability to have your kill cards be a part of your draw engine.

 

Let's start with this base, and work from there

3 Gishki Shadow

3 Gishki Vision

2 Royal Magical Library

1 Evigishki Soul Ogre

1 Evigishki Levianima

1 Evigishki Mind Augus

1 Evigishki Gustkraken

 

3 Gishki Aquamirror

3 Hand Destruction

3 Into the Void

3 Magical Mallet

3 Moray of Greed

3 Salvage

3 Trade-In

3 Upstart Goblin

1 One Day of Peace

1 Dark World Dealings

1 Cup of Ace 

1 Photon Lead

 

This deck was pre-Chicken Game to begin with, and has only lost 2 Upstart Goblins compared with losing half the deck. So we have to find 2 cards to fill out the deck, I'm not sure if anything good has come out in the last couple years that would be playable here, so my first instinct is to add 2 more Cup of Ace (which would lead to me being more likely to consider suicide than ever play this deck) but there's probably something you can do here...right?

 

Pot of Desires is an odd one, but might be playable. You can't really activate it until you have your lv6s out of deck, and I think you need a Mirror, a Shadow and a Library to combo off, but you have at least one extra copy of each of those to banish, so there's probably enough redundancy that all you need to regularly worry about is your lv6s. That might be too much to ask, but it's definitely worth considering, it certainly makes the deck more fun when you have to figure out how to salvage your combo off of a bad Desires. 

 

Some kind of shitty Dark World Engine over the Mallets and Cup might be better as well with Allure at 3 again, though that's probably adding too many situational bricks to the deck. The singleton Shaddoll Beast is probably worth playing, the card didn't exist when I made this list back in 2013.

 

Deck is probably still unplayable, but at least this list is closer to being legal. Chicken Game did really weird stuff with these kinds of decks, Having 9 extra copies of Upstart Goblin let you get away with a lot in terms of deck construction, a 25 card deck is much, much, more likely to quickly assemble a Bamboo Sword combo, or not struggle with having too many bricks, or hand size issues after a Hand Destruction or two. You need some kind of big cards that refill, and Salvage is great for that role.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bazaar of Baghdad said:

 

 

Some kind of shitty Dark World Engine over the Mallets and Cup might be better as well with Allure at 3 again, though that's probably adding too many situational bricks to the deck. The singleton Shaddoll Beast is probably worth playing, the card didn't exist when I made this list back in 2013.

 

 

This might be the best route going forward, back in the day using broww and snow to search grapha with allure, dark world dealings  and trade-in, in theory should be more synergistic then mallets and the cups 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Bazaar has told you how you can sorta make the deck playable again I'll give you some better advice. Pick up any of these 3: ABC/Metalfoe/Water.dek if you want to play right now and zoodiac when the next set comes.

-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Now that Bazaar has told you how you can sorta make the deck playable again I'll give you some better advice. Pick up any of these 3: ABC/Metalfoe/Water.dek if you want to play right now and zoodiac when the next set comes.

 

Allen, I totally get the whole "any discussion is good discussion" mentality you have, and why you don't want to ban users, but posts like this really poison the well. The idea of making fun of them until they either lurk or quit, doesn't quite work on people with such severe autism that the hate they get here is better than the total lack of human contact they get outside of this site. 

 

Now, I'm definitely not suggesting banning people for being bad, not at all. Any arguable opinion is good discussion, but in the middle of a somewhat active discussion about a deck, a random post, "thread solved, move along your deck is shit" is the worst kind of shitposting. It's discouraging discussion, rather than encouraging it. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bazaar of Baghdad said:

 

Allen, I totally get the whole "any discussion is good discussion" mentality you have, and why you don't want to ban users, but posts like this really poison the well. The idea of making fun of them until they either lurk or quit, doesn't quite work on people with such severe autism that the hate they get here is better than the total lack of human contact they get outside of this site. 

 

Now, I'm definitely not suggesting banning people for being bad, not at all. Any arguable opinion is good discussion, but in the middle of a somewhat active discussion about a deck, a random post, "thread solved, move along your deck is shit" is the worst kind of shitposting. It's discouraging discussion, rather than encouraging it. 

Look I apologize for the nature of the post and the way I said it. It was probably uncalled for I suppose I'm still salty about the response I got for my decklist thread when I arrived on the forum. But seriously most people could beat this deck with archetypes way down on the Tier list.The dude did say "If you don't believe it can be resurrected, go ahead and say so.  I'm beginning to think so too." 

-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think that Soul Charge is better than Photon Lead. 1-of Shadoll Beast is definitely correct. 1-of Desires is probably fine. I'd probably do something like:

 

3 Gishki Shadow

3 Gishki Vision

2 Royal Magical Library

1 Evigishki Soul Ogre

1 Evigishki Levianima

1 Evigishki Mind Augus

1 Evigishki Gustkraken

1 Shadoll Beast

 

3 Gishki Aquamirror

3 Hand Destruction

3 Into the Void

2 Magical Mallet

3 Moray of Greed

3 Salvage

3 Trade-In

1 Upstart Goblin

1 One Day of Peace

3 Cup of Ace 

1 Soul Charge

1 Pot of Desires

 

Even with Upstart and Chicken game at 3, I still don't think this deck would be good enough. Our FTK rate just isn't high enough.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Look before I mosey on out of the thread I interrupted. I never meant to say that you shouldn't try to maximize the potential of a deck. In fact, I praise the work you guys are doing here I just find it kinda ironic that now this type of thing has become social unexpectable(even when the comment was half-cocked and ironically meant to poke fun at Yugiohgroundz circa early to mid2016) when not that long ago those type of comments were pretty common and normal when anything noncompetitive invaded. 

Edited by TheGoldenTyranno
corrected a word error
-6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tyranno shut the fuck up jesus christ

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mmf said:

tyranno shut the fuck up jesus christ

Like seriously who actually shuts up when they get told that? For everybody's information, I do get social interaction IRL and everybody I know just gets ticked off and goes on another rant(admittedly I associate with proud rednecks so that might have something to do with it).

-8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It goes something like this IRL, "Who do you think you are telling to shut up! I'll have you know...(with several possible obscenities thrown in)" and potentially ends in a fistfight if it dudes and worse if its females.

Edited by mmf
User was warned for all of this shit
-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

Like seriously who actually shuts up when they get told that?

people that dont want to be forced to shut up by mods

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you actually left an edit note in your post saying you "corrected a word error"

 

i have no words

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mmf said:

people that dont want to be forced to shut up by mods

Where I come from even the cops don't tell people to shut up. They calmly talk the convo away(Sir can you please...) and tried to avoid escalation of the situation. Anyhow I'm gonna go grap a bite to eat and drop this hot potato that I'm done with.

-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mmf said:

you actually left an edit note in your post saying you "corrected a word error"

 

i have no words

I think I forgot a n't in a word or something but anyhow gotta go eat

-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we accept the fact tyranno has autism and forget the posts in the past, his post really isn't that terrible. Almost any user is able to make a post like that. People just want tyranno to change which he made clear isn't going to happen anytime soon. No one has even provided a counterargument to the 3 decks he mentioned. At this point it's more about showing how 'tyranno doesn't get it', rather than prove him wrong by coming up with actual viable decks atm. If literally any top player would come in saying only that 3 decks are viable this format, anyone would be on their dick. A lot of hypocritism in this topic if you ask me. That said, tyranno don't try to get 'payback' or see people as enemies if you don't want all mods on this entire site besides acp and me to hate you. The rules allow mods to earn you for not adoptant to the culture of the site, and the culture of the site is decided by the people on it. Deal with it. There's no 'justice' here, just a forum with some people on it. 

-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no one cares about the 3 decks he mentioned

 

we have 3 discussion threads for them already

 

no other user would come in and make a post like that, then five more after being told to shut the fuck up by a mod

 

don't encourage him

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what about magical abductor? I've been using it when messing with tempest magician, but that deck runs Magical Citadel of Endymion.

 

Even so, I think it's pretty good in any library deck. The first abductor searches out Luster Pendulum, which then opens up rank 4 xyz or summoning extra libraries.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im moseying on in this thread hi 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mark said:

If we accept the fact tyranno has autism and forget the posts in the past, his post really isn't that terrible. Almost any user is able to make a post like that. People just want tyranno to change which he made clear isn't going to happen anytime soon. No one has even provided a counterargument to the 3 decks he mentioned. At this point it's more about showing how 'tyranno doesn't get it', rather than prove him wrong by coming up with actual viable decks atm. If literally any top player would come in saying only that 3 decks are viable this format, anyone would be on their dick. A lot of hypocritism in this topic if you ask me. That said, tyranno don't try to get 'payback' or see people as enemies if you don't want all mods on this entire site besides acp and me to hate you. The rules allow mods to earn you for not adoptant to the culture of the site, and the culture of the site is decided by the people on it. Deal with it. There's no 'justice' here, just a forum with some people on it. 

 

Yes, his post actually is that terrible. Nobody on this site would chime into an active discussion, "Yup, Person A figured it out, that's all there is to it. Thread's over. By the way. just play X, Y, or Z, since nothing else is playable." And if they did I'd 100% still be calling them out. I actually have no words for you thinking that his post warrants a counterargument. Obviously the 3 big decks of the format are worth playing, what the fuck does that add to the discussion? This thread is about trying to get Gishki to work again, to check to make sure nobody is missing anything. His post not only has nothing to do with the topic, he's trying to stop discussion of the topic altogether. In the context of this thread his post has no place, and the way he said it discourages discussion. If you can't see the issue with posts like that I don't know what to say to you.

 

2 hours ago, Gojira said:

what about magical abductor? I've been using it when messing with tempest magician, but that deck runs Magical Citadel of Endymion.

 

Even so, I think it's pretty good in any library deck. The first abductor searches out Luster Pendulum, which then opens up rank 4 xyz or summoning extra libraries.

 

This is kinda cool, Are there any combo relevant rank 4s other than Daigusto Emeral? Or something you can play that cashes in Scales for cards somehow?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bazaar you obviously have the right to call him out after your contribution etc. I guess I was just tired of the usual 'tyranno makes a post, 5 people immediately call him out' etc. Like just neg him and be done with it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.