The Antagonist

Witch Hunt - Multi Edition Day 6 or some shit

1807 posts in this topic

I give up.  Either I have everything wrong so my death's not a loss anyway, or I'm right and have zero chance of convincing anyone because you've all tunneled me as scum.  Now I know how the me. guy felt, this seriously isn't fun.  

vote nelrick

All I can do at this point is hope the gravedigger is town so when you kill me tomorrow you see my flip, but if they are I honestly get the impression you'd all be more likely to kill the gravedigger for lying.  

I'd get a sub but nobody else has signed up to be one and I still think subbing anyone into an about to die situation is a dick move.  If you know anyone that would be willing to be subbed in for me anyway be all means let me know, but otherwise I doubt I'm going to post much as nobody believes a thing I say and you already have pages of reads to look back on after I flip.

I'll post more after class today, but the gist some of the things I want to cover. We can deal with the GD by checking them with Mark tonight. Unless you believe that myself, mark, and GD all hard aligned to deal with priest, this should suffice. We have to deal with the GD tonight as he has a double life with tomorrow's flip being super important in terms of info for the collective town perspective. This creates clarity and will significantly narrow down the lynch pool making it harder for mafia. 

- Solistice vs, Darkblaze - People already know where I stand on this, but this still feels like one of the more important interactions from day 1 

- The bomb. The bomber and what to do with the bomb tonight. 

There are other things on my mind as well, but I'm too tired to think of them at this point. 

If people are willing to hold off and not hit majority until these are discussed, that would be great. 

We don't play with majority anyway so that's not a problem 

19 minutes ago, mark said:

We don't play with majority anyway so that's not a problem 

Not sure if majority triggers a lynch since he says its the traditional system but then says its plurality 

@The Antagonist

Announcing you are going to scan the GD tonight is retarded because the demons will auto haunt him and you'll get the wrong result

This is actually a no fucking brainer.

> Lynch solstice today

> Priest gets a scan

> Inquisitor checks one of the priests

> Tomorrow we literally learn everything we want to learn about the 4 people in question and likely have a living priest

> And we still have a bomb

On 07/01/2017 at 10:53 PM, The Antagonist said:

why is this here

majority will trigger lynches early. I'm going to count votes but I don't think we're there yet?

Votes:

Nelrick 5 - Mascis, mark, Kahu, rei, Solstice

Solstice 1 - Jazz

Underwood 1 - Malcolm

Edited by The Antagonist

Vote c-

oh

1 minute ago, JC. said:

Vote c-

oh

rekt

I really don't want to see this phase get ended early

Someone needs to explain to me why voting Nelrick makes any sense. At this point it is crystal clear that if Nelrick = scum then solstice = scum and vice versa

You know what?  Fuck it.

Unvote
Vote Underwood

10 hours ago, Solstice said:

Lynching me is a bad move.  If I flip green you're right back where you started. The optimal play is to leave both priest claims alive, kill francis, and give me the bomb.  Have inquisitor scan either mark or nelrick, it really doesn't matter as demons can only mess with priest scans, not inquisitor.  Then on day two you have the gravedigger's info about francis as well as the inquisitor's claim and two new priest scans to determine the lying priest.  If either priest is nightkilled, you know the other was lying.  Having the inquisitor check severs as backup in case gravedigger is scum.  Giving me the bomb insures we don't accidentally blow up the inquisitor with it, and seeing as you all seem to think I'm scum I'm saving you from wasting a lynch.  I really don't see a downside to this.

I still maintain that this is the correct play.  Consider the worst case scenario for lynching francis vs lynching nelrick.  We lynch nelrick and he is confirmed by gravedigger and inquisitor to be town priest.  Obviously you kill Mark and Francis, BUT YOU LOST YOUR PRIEST.   I am also dead via bombing here and it should be obvious that I am town in this world. 

Alternative worst case scenario: I can really only see scum being ballsy enough to risk two of their own if they have either the gravedigger or inquisitor (or heaven forbid both) on their team to cover for their fake priest.  So you kill nelrick, he was the priest, but are told by gravedigger/inquisitor that he was scum.  Scum now wins outright because no one will kill the “confirmed” priest.

Worst case scenario if we use the quoted method and lynch francis: He was town.  I already die via bombing, you kill nelrick, AND YOU STILL HAVE YOUR PRIEST.  Explain to me how this isn’t better than the above scenarios.  I get Mark and Francis not liking this if Mark is telling the truth, but from an in the dark town standpoint this is the best option the gives the most information with the least downsides if we are wrong.  

Like seriously, if me and nelrick are scum we should be conceding right now.  We’re obviously both dead.  Half of you seem to think gemstone was scum also so if the scum team is nelrick, me, gemstone, ??? then we DEFINITELY should concede right now.  Me and nelrick are going down via lynch / bomb, gemstone is already dead, and EVEN IF the nightkill is successful it still leaves 1 scum vs 9 town, many of which are confirmed.  Those odds are horrendous.  Or if you think gemstone is town it’s still 2v7 or 2v8 depending on if the nightkill went through or not, but considering town still has several confirmed INCLUDING PRIEST we ultimately lose anyway, so again there’s no reason not to concede.  

Like I don’t know how much clearer I can make this. Explain to me how the downsides of kill franics and bomb me are worse if we’re wrong than any other scenario where we end up wrong.  

16 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Someone needs to explain to me why voting Nelrick makes any sense. At this point it is crystal clear that if Nelrick = scum then solstice = scum and vice versa

If Solstice is town, what do? 

Any lynch outside of Mark and Nelrick are scapegoat lynches at this point.

I don't see the real Priest surviving for the next phase anyway if neither are gonna be healed unless the cost benefit to thinking the real priest is gonna get a haunted check is greater than extending the lynch a day? We get this shit over with as soon as possible so we don't waste a night using other resources to confirm the players. 

Also Solstice, you're forgetting your final partner isn't known/hasn't agreed yet so you're not conceding. 

:^)

Just now, ZeroPassion said:

If Solstice is town, what do? 

Any lynch outside of Mark and Nelrick are scapegoat lynches at this point.

I don't see the real Priest surviving for the next phase anyway if neither are gonna be healed unless the cost benefit to thinking the real priest is gonna get a haunted check is greater than extending the lynch a day? We get this shit over with as soon as possible so we don't waste a night using other resources to confirm the players. 

Also Solstice, you're forgetting your final partner isn't known/hasn't agreed yet so you're not conceding. 

:^)

If Solstice is town then Nelrick is town, and Mark and Francis are scum.

It's not a "scapegoat" lynch it's an objectively smarter play from a game theory perspective.

Real priest easily survives if the angels defend him or scum decides not to kill him, because that then confirms he was the real priest and the counter claim priest is scum. Further reason to leave both priests alive--it forces scum's hands.

> Let Nelrick and Mark live

> If scum nightkills either one of them, the other is confirmed scum

1. Lynch solstice

2. Angels protect mark

3. mark scans somebody

4. inquisitor checks mark

5. scum makes a nightkill that may or may not be informative

6. GD gives us gemstone and solstice flips

This is a ton of information to go on and sets us up really well to close out the game. If we don't take this course of action, there is something seriously wrong with you guys.

ya know, that actually makes more sense to me now that i think about how that scenario works

even though i still think nel is scum, in the small chance that he isn't this plan of jazz's is still pretty safe

unvote

vote solstice

We can even ask the angels to protect both mark+nelrick if we want to guarantee priest lives to give us another scan.

31 minutes ago, ZeroPassion said:

You need to read the angels + demons rules and the advanced angels + demons rules.

Votes:

Nelrick 3 -mark, Kahu, rei

Solstice 2 - Jazz, Mascis

Underwood 2 - Malcolm, Solstice

Majority is 7

isn't it plurality?

that doesnt change what a mathematical majority is dawg

unvote nelrick

vote solstice