The Antagonist

Witch Hunt - Multi Edition Day 7

1899 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

nelrick said he scanned scumwood. scumwood says he is fanatic and didnt get an extra life. if scumwood has an extra life he clearly lied and nelrick did scan him

ok, but what if it's not scumwood and is just plane old francis?

wouldn't it still be better to lynch nelrick here

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

nelrick said he scanned scumwood. scumwood says he is fanatic and didnt get an extra life. if scumwood has an extra life he clearly lied and nelrick did scan him

That makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

1 minute ago, DarkBlaze557 said:

1) We don't know that he doesn't have an extra life. That doesn't get announced.

2) Malcolm is proposing that we lynch Underwood anyway (I'm assuming just for fun because it's Malcolm), and if it turns out he had an extra life anyway, we lynch him again! 

My question is in regards to point number 2, where if we opt to lynch him, and he has an extra life, it 100% confirms that Underwood was telling the truth about being fanatic and that Nelrick lied.

But this type of debate is pointless. We're not hunting scum by discussing this further - we're getting caught up in hypotheticals.

You kinda do for the above logic. Why would I hard align myself with my partner if I could just cc Nelrick myself knowing that even if I lost that war I wouldn't die because I got the extra life. If you believe Nelrick and that I am fanatic, you 100% have to believe i have an extra life.

plain*

something is wrong with me

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

This is what I was trying to say.  If we attempted to kill underwood and he lives it could he is fanatic, nelrick scanned him ,so nelrick told the truth.  It could also be that underwood is survivalist / gambler (assuming we tried to kill him with a bomb).  

1 minute ago, Francis J Underwood said:

You kinda do for the above logic. Why would I hard align myself with my partner if I could just cc Nelrick myself knowing that even if I lost that war I wouldn't die because I got the extra life. If you believe Nelrick and that I am fanatic, you 100% have to believe i have an extra life.

I see where I misinterpreted. Thanks for pointing that out.

Guys the answer to all your problems is to kill solstice today

solstice is easy and doesnt matter right now

There's a lot of information to take in from today between Nelrick, Underwood, Malcolm, Mark, and Solstice.

I think Jazz is doing well at contributing today - cheers.

I've made my claim to help push town along, but I need some time to digest, clearly with my misinterpretation of logic.

I'm gonna sleep on this and come back with a clear head tomorrow. We are still only a few hours into the phase.

I'm going to pull an ACP and spell out the numbers for you. For the sake of not being CCd we will assume I am the Fanatic (which is true) 

Option 1: Lynching Francis Today 

If Francis is Town, you confirm Nelrick is scum assuming the GD isn't aligned with him.  However, you allow scum to get rid of a town, and likely auto the next day getting no info from it because everyone is going to say they suspect and kill nelrick. 

If Francis is Mafia, I don't die because Nelrick checked me. The next day gets autod so you get more information and you get only 1 mafia potentially. 

Neither of these seems like great options so let's move on 

Option 2: Lynch Nelrick today

If Nelrick flips town, you have two confirmed mafia in myself and mark. In essence the priest trades himself for potentially half or more of the scum team (depending on Gemstone). The next two days get autod. 

If Nelrick flips Mafia - You get a confirmed cop, a likely town in Francis, and eliminate a mafia 

7 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

I'm going to pull an ACP and spell out the numbers for you. For the sake of not being CCd we will assume I am the Fanatic (which is true) 

Option 1: Lynching Francis Today 

If Francis is Town, you confirm Nelrick is scum assuming the GD isn't aligned with him.  However, you allow scum to get rid of a town, and likely auto the next day getting no info from it because everyone is going to say they suspect and kill nelrick. 

If Francis is Mafia, I don't die because Nelrick checked me. The next day gets autod so you get more information and you get only 1 mafia potentially. 

Neither of these seems like great options so let's move on 

Option 2: Lynch Nelrick today

If Nelrick flips town, you have two confirmed mafia in myself and mark. In essence the priest trades himself for potentially half or more of the scum team (depending on Gemstone). The next two days get autod. 

If Nelrick flips Mafia - You get a confirmed cop, a likely town in Francis, and eliminate a mafia 

ebwop 

*get no more information 

why did you pass me the bomb hmmmmmmmmmmmm

If we lynch Francis and have RZR confirm, then if RZR is also scum and he says francis was scum we now are going to lynch mark and keep nelrick alive. nelrick will then scan RZR and confirm hes town. We then have a problem because we have a fake gd, a fake priest, and 2 dead town (I and francis)+who ever get nk'd. Best play is to lynch nelrick and bomb solstice. 

i would never waste a bomb on solstice lol

what would you do then? 

Malcolm, who do you think is scum?

Other than your default lolscumwood.

16 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

why did you pass me the bomb hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Go back and re-read 

WE INTERRUPT THIS DISCUSSION TO DELIVER THE LATEST IN VOTE COUNT KNOWLEDGE

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK

Nelrick 4 - Mascis, ZeroPassion, mark, Kahu
Solstice 1 - Jazz
Underwood 1 - Malcolm

Special Message: Antag sucks so I'm going to host a much better game that you should all join and play in. Two games at once or you're weak. ;-)

Lynching me is a bad move. If I flip red you kill Nelrick. If I flip green...you're right back where you started. If Nelrick flips green, you kill Mark. If Nelrick flips red you kill me. If mark flips green you kill nelrick. If mark flips red you kill francis. If francis flips red you kill mark. If francis flips green you kill nelrick. So any of those three are better choices than me right now.

54 minutes ago, mark said:

If we lynch Francis and have RZR confirm, then if RZR is also scum and he says francis was scum we now are going to lynch mark and keep nelrick alive. nelrick will then scan RZR and confirm hes town. We then have a problem because we have a fake gd, a fake priest, and 2 dead town (I and francis)+who ever get nk'd. Best play is to lynch nelrick and bomb solstice. 

The optimal play is to leave both priest claims alive, kill francis, and give me the bomb.  Have inquisitor scan either mark or nelrick, it really doesn't matter as demons can only mess with priest scans, not inquisitor.  Then on day two you have the gravedigger's info about francis as well as the inquisitor's claim and two new priest scans to determine the lying priest.  If either priest is nightkilled, you know the other was lying.  Having the inquisitor check severs as backup in case gravedigger is scum.  Giving me the bomb insures we don't accidentally blow up the inquisitor with it, and seeing as you all seem to think I'm scum if I do get bombed I'm saving you from wasting a lynch.  And worse case scenario if every single person that dies was town (markus, slick, gemstone, francis, me, nightkill) you still have 6 town to 4 mafia, and now have plenty of info to solve the game and take them all out.  I really don't see a downside to this.

21 minutes ago, Solstice said:

And worse case scenario if every single person that dies was town (markus, slick, gemstone, francis, me, nightkill) you still have 6 town to 4 mafia, and now have plenty of info to solve the game and take them all out.  I really don't see a downside to this.

... This can't seriously be your argument? That seems like auto-win for mafia. You can't expect to make 4 solid lynches in a row simply because you have some info. This entire thing could also be said about any bad play 'yeah worst case scenario you just lose 6 town then you still have 6v4'. If this isn't a meltdown then I don't know what is. 

Could be an attempt to pull the 'too stupid to be mafia' card. Like I can't actually seriously believe that entire post at all. 

20 minutes ago, Solstice said:

Lynching me is a bad move. If I flip red you kill Nelrick. If I flip green...you're right back where you started. If Nelrick flips green, you kill Mark. If Nelrick flips red you kill me. If mark flips green you kill nelrick. If mark flips red you kill francis. If francis flips red you kill mark. If francis flips green you kill nelrick. So any of those three are better choices than me right now.

The optimal play is to leave both priest claims alive, kill francis, and give me the bomb.  Have inquisitor scan either mark or nelrick, it really doesn't matter as demons can only mess with priest scans, not inquisitor.  Then on day two you have the gravedigger's info about francis as well as the inquisitor's claim and two new priest scans to determine the lying priest.  If either priest is nightkilled, you know the other was lying.  Having the inquisitor check severs as backup in case gravedigger is scum.  Giving me the bomb insures we don't accidentally blow up the inquisitor with it, and seeing as you all seem to think I'm scum if I do get bombed I'm saving you from wasting a lynch.  And worse case scenario if every single person that dies was town (markus, slick, gemstone, francis, me, nightkill) you still have 6 town to 4 mafia, and now have plenty of info to solve the game and take them all out.  I really don't see a downside to this.

... Okay I'm convinced you're pulling a Slickz at this point and are most likely mafia. There was a chance you were town just completely on the wrong side of the line, but I'md one wit

For those that don't get what I'm referencing, In an old game, we managed to lynch mafia and modkill the other (finding out the modkilled one was godfather). I explained we should lynch Slickz on the basis that Slickz was in the vote on the non-godfather mafia and since keeping godfather alive was in maf's best interest. Slickz in response either ignored me or continued to ask how that made him likely mafia (essentially playing dumb) in order to try and discredit me. I'll give you 3 guesses what Slickz flipped (mafia).

Solistice is doing the exact same thing here. I pinged her out yesterday for this and Solistice has ignored it. I must have explained why lynching Nelrick is the right play 3-4 times today and in different ways and Solistice has ignored or failed to give any valid reason why my logic is seriously flawed. Further she hasn't given me any reason to think that she has misunderstood me. 

vote nelrick

I am literally too sick to walk - I may request a sub, not sure yet, really sorry I haven't been my usual passive aggressive inactive self and have instead just been a silent inactive self - but this scumwood train is a joke. 

Nelrick is super scum and I don't believe a fucking thing he says. 

plot twist they both end up scum