Barrier Statues

Monsters:8

2x Barrier Statue of The Abyss

3x Barrier Statue of The Drought

3x Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo

Spells:13

3x Card of Demise

1x Dark Hole

1x Mage Power (Incase I don’t draw Moon or to finish off the OP)

3x Moon Mirror Shield

3x Pot of Duality

1x Raigeki

1x Upstart Goblin

Traps:19

1x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

3x Dark Bribe

2x Floodgate Trap Hole

3x Phantom Knight’s Sword

3x Phantom Knight’s Wings

2x Quaking Mirror Force

2x Solemn Strike

1x Solemn Warning

1x The Huge Revolution Is Over

Extra:15

2x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

1x Number F0: Utopic Future

1x Diamond Dire Wolf

1x Fairy King Albverdich

1x Gagaga Cowboy

1x Gagaga Samurai

1x Gem-Knight Pearl

1x Infernal Flame Vixen

1x Maestroke The Symphony Djinn

1x Number 52: Diamond Crab King

1x Number 82: Heartlanddraco

1x Number 85: Crazy Box

1x 98: Antitopian

1x Wind-Up Zenmaister

Side:15

2x Barrier Statue of The Inferno

3x The Winged Dragon of Ra-Sphere Mode

1x Dark Hole

3x System Down

2x Twin Twister

2x Imperial Iron Wall

2x Magic Deflector

The reasons I am playing this deck this format is because I am big fan of anti-meta decks and at the this is the best anti-meta deck this format besides Qli-Demise and is a castle like deck similar to Evilswarms. The current meta of the game at the moment when I play online is manly ABCs, Metalfoes, PK Fire,Paleozoics, D/D/D’s, PK Fire, (Pre and Post Structure deck) and eventually Zoodiac (I will have to take out Drought for Jowgen once they come out in the TCG).  Which all manly rely on special summoning monsters to continue their plays and win. Majority of meta and some rogue decks don’t have answer to Dyna/Statue first turn until they draw their answer cards to remove or set my Dyna/Barrier Statue which majority of my backrow and side deck takes care of.

The hardest match up for this is going second against ABCs, Palozoics due to them having a lot of effects that can get around my Dyna/Statutes unless I have a answer to them or side against them, and any other deck that can make a big strong board turn one. As well as going against a deck that does not rely on special summons or going up against a deck not affected by a Statue (basically anything not meta).

Another weakness this deck has is relying on backrow 100% to protect Dyna/Statue from monster or backrow that can remove/destroy my Dyna/Statue which Dark Bribe, The Huge Revolution Is Over, Solemn Cards, Twin Twister getting rid of Moon Mirror and non chainable backrow help with.

When Zoodiac becomes meta in the TCG February I am planning to take out Drought for Jowgen and will probably have to take out Abyss when D/D/Ds get the structure deck in January. At the moment the only good Barrier Statue is Abyss due to Dark being rarely played outside of Darklords, Dark Synchro, Pure BA and D/D/Ds. In case I encounter it I will side it out for Inferno . The rest of the Statues are currently useless because of the following reasons

Dark Statue-Darklords,Dark Synchro, Pure BA’s and D/D/Ds (Will probably take it out for this reason but don’t know what to replace it with yet)

Fire Statue-Metalfoes and Lawn Mowing Infernoids. (side into when facing a Dark deck)

Light Statue-ABCs, Blue-Eyes, and Kozmos (though the deck has kinda died out)

Water Statue-Frog Heroes, Paleozoics, and Water.

Wind Statue-Majespecters (manly used as a engine with Metalfoes), and Speedroid engine.

I am not playing Pot of Desires( I would take out Mage Power and maybe upstart for it) or Winter Cherries due to them being a bit expensive.

I am posting this deck to help it approve against these weakness and to help optimize it as much as possible. Though I know the deck can’t be 100% perfect and matches usually are decided by who goes first or if I draw into my sides.

Cards I considered running:

Banisher of The Radiance

Jowgen (Will take out Drought for it once Zoodiac comes out)

Kaijus (When op sides Denko and Herald)

Wind-Up Rabbit (Thought about siding it against Paleozoics and in case of mirror matches)

Book of Moon (For ABCs,problematic monsters, and being chainable)

Cosmic Cyclone (Not a fan of the -1000 cost for one card)

Dimensional Fissure

Forbidden Lance

Swords of Concealing Light

Blazing Mirror Force (help deal damage which the deck lacks outside of Mage Power)

Breakthrough Skill (Alternative incase I don’t draw Strike)

Dimensional Prison

Macro Cosmos

Mirror Force (If using Banisher)

Mistake

Ring of Destruction (Chainable, gets rid of problematic monsters, and helps deal damage)

Soul Drain (To side against ABCs, PK Fire, Yang Zings, and Water)

Wiretap (To side against Paleozoics and other backrow decks)

2017_01_06_22.24.48.png

Ostaph    71

Hi there,

I have spend the last two weeks playing this kind of deck and played it kind of similar but yet different.

• 3 Dyna: Is of course correct as it is the best monster and and one of the best cards in the deck.
  • Barrier Statues: I played 6 and would not go below that. It has to do with the amount of cards in the deck that are only good if you have a monster on board. And you really need a monster on board to win. More on that further below. I main the wind one. Majespecter is the only thing commonly played atm until wind witches come. Dark Synchro and Heroes are too common to play the dark one imho.
  • Equips: 3 Shield is of course correct as it is the best card of the deck if you have a monster. Mage Power is really great and I went from 0 to 1 to 2 and even to 3 (not sure about it though). It's basically another Shield without the effect of coming back when destroyed. Therefore I want to get it often. But it's almost useless however once you have drawn shield apart from making direct attacks bigger, which is not too bad actually.
  • Mass Destruction: I only play the Raigeki, but going 2nd vs. a board (especially ABC) is sometimes unwinnable without it. Therefore, Dark Hole seems an OK idea. But isnt it often dead in the run of a duel?
  • Draw Spells: You don't play Desires for financial reasons - then be it. Duality is of course staple. However, I did cut the Demise and Upstart. Demise was too often underwhelming and dead. If you draw it on the first turn, it's mostly good (But even here: I hate packing 5 in my backrow and not leaving a slot open if the combination of cards I have is suboptimal). After that I found myself in the position to have more than 2 cards in hand and with only one or no slot free on the field. It seemed mad at first to cut Demise but I do not miss it.
  • Real Traps: The 3 Solemns and BTH are a good ratio imho. 4 Solemns is often a bid too much as opponents very often can't special anyways. I play 4 Mirror Forces (one regular) and find that pretty good for all situations where you don't have a monster or don't have an equip (or play Deflector). I also think that they are better than the Trap Holes, especially going second, when there already is a board you face. That situation is a weak spot of the deck anyways.
  • Destruction prevention traps: I only play 4 of the PK traps as they only do something when you don't have a monster. Opening 2 of them without a monster often means you die. 3 Bribe is perfect, I would play more if I could. I also main Deflector, although it conflicts with the equips, but having something vs. S/T destruction is too important. Mirror Forces also help with the Deflector use. I found Huge Rev underwhelming and cut it overall as it is only good vs. Twin Twister (which is commonly played of course but often enough not mained or replaced by MSTs or Cyclones). Deflector helps vs. all of them.

In sum, my gameplan is usually summoning Dyna and equipping it. After that negate all destruction cards the opponent has and win. An equipped Dyna is an autowin against almost everything.

• Upvote 1

Inti    129
7 hours ago, Ostaph said:

Hi there,

I have spend the last two weeks playing this kind of deck and played it kind of similar but yet different.

• 3 Dyna: Is of course correct as it is the best monster and and one of the best cards in the deck.
  • Barrier Statues: I played 6 and would not go below that. It has to do with the amount of cards in the deck that are only good if you have a monster on board. And you really need a monster on board to win. More on that further below. I main the wind one. Majespecter is the only thing commonly played atm until wind witches come. Dark Synchro and Heroes are too common to play the dark one imho.
  • Equips: 3 Shield is of course correct as it is the best card of the deck if you have a monster. Mage Power is really great and I went from 0 to 1 to 2 and even to 3 (not sure about it though). It's basically another Shield without the effect of coming back when destroyed. Therefore I want to get it often. But it's almost useless however once you have drawn shield apart from making direct attacks bigger, which is not too bad actually.
  • Mass Destruction: I only play the Raigeki, but going 2nd vs. a board (especially ABC) is sometimes unwinnable without it. Therefore, Dark Hole seems an OK idea. But isnt it often dead in the run of a duel?
  • Draw Spells: You don't play Desires for financial reasons - then be it. Duality is of course staple. However, I did cut the Demise and Upstart. Demise was too often underwhelming and dead. If you draw it on the first turn, it's mostly good (But even here: I hate packing 5 in my backrow and not leaving a slot open if the combination of cards I have is suboptimal). After that I found myself in the position to have more than 2 cards in hand and with only one or no slot free on the field. It seemed mad at first to cut Demise but I do not miss it.
  • Real Traps: The 3 Solemns and BTH are a good ratio imho. 4 Solemns is often a bid too much as opponents very often can't special anyways. I play 4 Mirror Forces (one regular) and find that pretty good for all situations where you don't have a monster or don't have an equip (or play Deflector). I also think that they are better than the Trap Holes, especially going second, when there already is a board you face. That situation is a weak spot of the deck anyways.
  • Destruction prevention traps: I only play 4 of the PK traps as they only do something when you don't have a monster. Opening 2 of them without a monster often means you die. 3 Bribe is perfect, I would play more if I could. I also main Deflector, although it conflicts with the equips, but having something vs. S/T destruction is too important. Mirror Forces also help with the Deflector use. I found Huge Rev underwhelming and cut it overall as it is only good vs. Twin Twister (which is commonly played of course but often enough not mained or replaced by MSTs or Cyclones). Deflector helps vs. all of them.

In sum, my gameplan is usually summoning Dyna and equipping it. After that negate all destruction cards the opponent has and win. An equipped Dyna is an autowin against almost everything.

Yeah I thinking about taking Dark Statue out for something when D/D/D's get the structure deck in the TCG and I would use Wind Statue but the problem I find with is majority of Metalfoes/pendulum decks main Kirin and for the future Wind Witch Eidolon deck that will eventually become meta. So far I have not found Dark Hole to be dead and I find it handy going second incase I don't draw into have raigeki though it might be better in the side when I have to go second game 2. I love Demise in this deck and I personally think it is the only reason this deck can somewhat combat the meta, It also helps the deck recover from Twin Twister, provides speed, and more back row and I am not really a fan of Upstart in this deck but I find it is a staple since it helps the deck not brick and makes in theory a 39 card deck. I have not tried regular mirror force yet but seems better then the other mirror force cards in the current meta. I side Magic Deflector when the op side Book of Eclipse or Swords Of Concealing Light and I find The Huge Revolution Is Over to be useful incase I don't draw into bribe. I rarely see Cyclone or MST used in many decks though I always side out it when facing Paleozoics.

+mark    3105

Definitely keep Card of Demise in there. Having cards in hand and on field means you're still alive. By the time your resources will be done, that's the moment you should activate Card of Demise for the +2. Without it there's no reason to play this deck, although the same can be said for Pot of Desires etc. 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3105

Bringing this up again because I thought about a card (in the non-Jowgen version ofc.):

Mirror Wall

- Kills attacking monster
- Can stay on the field for as long as you want, for at least 4 turns total

Going 2nd aside, what beats Barrier + Mirror Wall face-down field? If you're going to play Mirror Force which you basically have to hard draw 1 copy of each turn (which is impossible), Mirror Wall stops any normal summon from crashing into your monster for 4 turns straight. That's probably still worse than Moon Mirror Shield/Mage Power though because they could set monsters still. But especially if you play Gren Maju you should be able to run over their monsters anyway. 

#duel links theory applied IRL 

• Upvote 2

+mark    3105

So I'd say: Equips > Mirror Wall > Mirror Forces > Raigeki/Dark Hole (wouldn't play these at all) going 1st, while the Mirror Forces are slightly better going 2nd. 

Inti    129
On 2/9/2017 at 7:43 PM, mark said:

Bringing this up again because I thought about a card (in the non-Jowgen version ofc.):

Mirror Wall

- Kills attacking monster
- Can stay on the field for as long as you want, for at least 4 turns total

Going 2nd aside, what beats Barrier + Mirror Wall face-down field? If you're going to play Mirror Force which you basically have to hard draw 1 copy of each turn (which is impossible), Mirror Wall stops any normal summon from crashing into your monster for 4 turns straight. That's probably still worse than Moon Mirror Shield/Mage Power though because they could set monsters still. But especially if you play Gren Maju you should be able to run over their monsters anyway. 

#duel links theory applied IRL 

True it can work though it can sucks with Jowgen with it but outside of that Mirror Wall can be useful with Dyna especially if the op pops Moon Mirror Shield. But yeah this can defiently be better then the Mirror Force cards anyways this is rough draft I came up with for Zoodiac format.

Monsters:6

3x Dyna

3x Jowgen 

Spells: 15

1x Book of Moon

3x Card of Demise

2x Forbidden Lance

3x Moon Mirror Shield 

3x Pot of Desires 

3x Pot of Duality 

1x Raigeki

1x Upstart Goblin

Traps:18

2x Blazing Mirror Force

1x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Compulse

3x Dark Bribe 

2x Mirror Force 

3x Mirror Wall ( will try this out to see how it goes)

1x Ring of Destruction 

2x Solemn Strike 

1x Solemn Warning 

+mark    3105

Yeah so I think,
going first:
Equips > Mirror Wall > M forces > Dark hole/Raigeki(these shouldn't be played)

although going 2nd Mirror Forces become better than Mirror Walls.

also wouldnt play mirror wall in a jowgen build ever, it's either one or another imo.

That said you could even max out on Moon Mirror Shield, Mage Power, United we Stand, the traps etc. so it may not be as revolutionary as I thought.

• Upvote 1

Inti    129
19 minutes ago, mark said:

Yeah so I think,
going first:
Equips > Mirror Wall > M forces > Dark hole/Raigeki(these shouldn't be played)

although going 2nd Mirror Forces become better than Mirror Walls.

also wouldnt play mirror wall in a jowgen build ever, it's either one or another imo.

That said you could even max out on Moon Mirror Shield, Mage Power, United we Stand, the traps etc. so it may not be as revolutionary as I thought.

So replace Mirror Walls with a Mirror Force and Blazing Mirror Force? I think 2x Dark Hole and Raigeki are good to side deck in when going second though and Mage Power seems to be the 2nd best equipped. The only problem with it is if you have Jowgen with 2 back row with Mage equipped it's attack becomes 1700 which is not much. Though in theory that should not be a problem.   

+mark    3105

Storming mforce > mforce > quacking, idk why blazing, I guess you could argue for it if your deck really does quick damage but since you take damage first I'm not convinced on it yet 

+mark    3105

storming is the best because what the hell are they going to summon if you have a Barrier etc. 

Inti    129
14 hours ago, mark said:

storming is the best because what the hell are they going to summon if you have a Barrier etc. 

Well I just like Blazing overall due to it applying damage and wiping out the opponents board though storming is best since it does not target and bounces the monster back to hand and the only downside to it the op can normal summon the monster next turn. Also what are your thoughts on Forbidden Dress in this deck? I was thinking about adding since it is generic protection and can help against Drident.

Edited by Inti