• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
HououinKyouma

Little Witch Academia (2016)

14 posts in this topic

First episode came out this Sunday, and I just finished it now. It's fantastic, Trigger is actually saving anime this time. No bullshit fanservice every 2 secs.

luluco was so golden

i expect nothing less from little witch academia

Agreed Trigger is saving Anime. I really hope that they do a more serious/dark style series soon. I can't even fathom how good that will be. 

I thought they'd sell out and add fanservice and other for otaku shit, but the fact that there's none of that so far makes me so hopeful for this.

4 minutes ago, HououinKyouma said:

I thought they'd sell out and add fanservice and other for otaku shit, but the fact that there's none of that so far makes me so hopeful for this.

I mean well the reason that happens is because it sells and studios need/want the money to stay solvent. Idk what Trigger's financial backing is like, but it most be confidant it can take on projects given their budget based on quality of story and animation w/o needing the "side hustle."

Don't get me wrong. What they have produced is good and I'm sure generated a lot of revenue, but they have't made that landmark project that defines them as a Studio. 

Madhouse had Deathnote 

Sunrise had Gundam (and Code Geass which at this point I think we can say has gotten there given a revival 10 years later) 

I can't wait to see if this will be it for Trigger or what that series will be. A lot of promise based on what we have seen so far. 

I mean I understand why studios add that garbage, but there's enough examples now where studios can get funding elsewhere. I'm not 100% sure but I've read that Trigger got some Netflix $$$ for this which is why there isn't panty shots every 10 seconds. Even some of Kyoani's stuff from like pre 2011 didn't rely on that shit so the ability to make these types of shows is out there.

Fuck Trigger is so good at using their ost to manipulate your emotions...

IT FUCKING WORKED.

mushroom mushroom