JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links (before this was its own section)

»JC.    4972

I believe that is the correct interaction.

»JC.    4972

As prefaced with most rulings, it isn't exactly the same situation, but I think equip spells might make it easier to visualize as an example:

- An opponent plays Shooting Star Bow - Ceal on your Time Wizard, lowering its attack by 1000.

- You equip Black Pendant to your Time Wizard, boosting its attack by 500.

Time Wizard still results in an attack of 0, since it has (500-1000+500) being applied to it. In this case, Gravekeeper's Oracle effect will still apply a full -2000.

Grimey    8113

That's where the confusion is on my part. Star Bow Ceal is a continuous effect as long as the card is attached to a monster. Oracle's effect activates once and does not affect monsters whom are later summoned onto the field. 

I guess I can sorta see how that would make sense but still. 

Also, does anyone know what the Northwemko/Garlondolf Ritual decks usually look like? 

43 minutes ago, mark said:

Almost certain Switcheroo is better than Restart. 

btw I quit playing because it felt like a grind and me having 0 econ 0 mirror wall still was pretty depressing, dont want to spend months before I have the entire playset etc. then probably it will be banned or powercreeped by then etc. can still discuss decks etc if people want because I like talking ygo but just so you know I dont actually play anymore 

Probably, but haven't discovered if it's exclusive to Keith or if it can be dropped elsewhere like some skills.  Either way, it's still a decent deck.  One more Fusion Gate would be nice, though.

3 minutes ago, Grimey said:

That's where the confusion is on my part. Star Bow Ceal is a continuous effect as long as the card is attached to a monster. Oracle's effect activates once and does not affect monsters whom are later summoned onto the field. 

Also, does anyone know what the Northwemko/Garlondolf Ritual decks usually look like? 

I think it's because Continuous Effects only apply once when necessary, especially those which modify a monster's stats.  This is also why there's a Karate Man OTK involving Shooting Star Bow and Twin Swords of Flashing Light.

mark    3105

I think yes. your scenario is literally 2 equip spells. for example towers vs crab king also 'works'. 

mark    3105

game doesnt remember negatives, only continuous effs, duel links is new etc so they prob had to calc. it in some way. unless if im very wrong im 100% sure about this 

»JC.    4972

crab king works because it sets the atk=3k

it's the same reason pegasus' copycat doesnt get boosted by his sorcerous spell wall iirc

mark    3105

anyway what Im saying is an equip spell gives a continuous eff boost. think about mage power/united we stand, the atk changes if the number of monster/s/t's change. so your example of 2 equips is different. when a 1000 atk monster loses 2000 atk it's atk becomes 0 because there's no negative and no memory of 'lower than 0'. when you add 1000 it'll become 1000. I dont have proof for it though but I cant imagine why it would work otherwise. 

Inti    79
5 hours ago, Grimey said:

There is this Garlondolf/Northwemko deck that made it to King of Games recently  http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/rxnqxjx3 though it is expensive.

Tea

Skill:Duel Standby

Pegasus 

Skill: Master of Rites

Yami Yugi

Skill:Power of Dark

Monsters:13

2x Garlondolf 

2x Northwemko

1x Senju

3x Thunder Dragon

2x Blue Dragon Summoner 

3x Warrior Dai Grapher (Use Rogue Doll if using Power of Dark)

Spells:4

2x Ritual of Destruction 

2x Ritual of Grace

Traps:3

1x Mirror Wall

2x Common Charity

The only thing I would maybe add is Sphere Kuriboh.

If you do not want to use Northwemko then there is this http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/9v8ivrc7

Monsters:13

3x Garlondolf 

3x Thunder Dragon

3x Senju

3x Sonic Bird

1x Sphere Kuriboh

Spells:6

3x Ritual of Destruction 

1x Fulfillment of The Contract

1x Shard of Greed

1x Ritual Cage 

Traps:1

1x Windstorm of Etaqua 

Edited by Inti

Grimey    8113

I have all the cards except 2nd copies of Northwemko and Garlandorf :/ 

Grimey    8113
6 hours ago, mark said:

Almost certain Switcheroo is better than Restart. 

btw I quit playing because it felt like a grind and me having 0 econ 0 mirror wall still was pretty depressing, dont want to spend months before I have the entire playset etc. then probably it will be banned or powercreeped by then etc. can still discuss decks etc if people want because I like talking ygo but just so you know I dont actually play anymore 

yea I just hit Stage 30 today (finally unlocked LVL 40 duelists), and I can definitely see why you'd want to quit 

I used up all my Yellow Keys farming Ishizu and got 3 SRs but they're 3 copies of that garbage card that prevents graveyard effects. It took me from Stage 1 to Stage 30 to save up all of those Yellow Keys and I used them in 15 minutes and received absolutely nothing in return. 

Inti    79
3 minutes ago, Grimey said:

I have all the cards except 2nd copies of Northwemko and Garlandorf :/ 

I have a Garlandolf and no Northwemko yet and I don't feel like reseting the box because I want a Mirror Wall.

mark    3105
2 minutes ago, Grimey said:

yea I just hit Stage 30 today (finally unlocked LVL 40 duelists), and I can definitely see why you'd want to quit 

I used up all my Yellow Keys farming Ishizu and got 3 SRs but they're 3 copies of that garbage card that prevents graveyard effects. It took me from Stage 1 to Stage 30 to save up all of those Yellow Keys and I used them in 15 minutes and received absolutely nothing in return. 

apparently if you grind for months you will have every card but idk if thats any help lol 

Grimey    8113

Maintenance going on right now

Hopefully they don't patch Spirit Ryu/Cat Ear Tribe. 

Grimey    8113

Card Trader now stocks 18 cards. Was previously 15. The new 3 slots are UR and SR cards. 

200 Free Gems. 

Edited by Grimey
  • Upvote 1

Gear    712
5 hours ago, Grimey said:

Card Trader now stocks 18 cards. Was previously 15. The new 3 slots are UR and SR cards. 

200 Free Gems. 

You just made my day. 

zubby    234

Also apprantly the 3rd and 4th booster boxes are on sale but not seeing any discount.

Really regretting spending the 500 gems they gave you when they released the 4th set, wish I spent them trying to get Mirror Wall.

Gear    712
15 minutes ago, zubby said:

Also apprantly the 3rd and 4th booster boxes are on sale but not seeing any discount.

Really regretting spending the 500 gems they gave you when they released the 4th set, wish I spent them trying to get Mirror Wall.

The sale is for the Valentines Day theme mat/sleeves. It's $6 for 10 packs +SR + valentine item

mark    3105
1 hour ago, zubby said:

Still best long term decision imo I regret ever buying any packs other than the Mirror Wall one - also once you hit instantly reset because fuck the other cards right 

Conspire    2391

Not sure why you spent all your yellow keys farming a character that gives you shitty cards?  Why not use them to farm Rex until you get the 6 Dinos?

If you used all your keys in 15 minutes I'm guessing you're not farming properly and getting large duel assessments to maximize chests.

I wouldn't get discouraged because you don't have the theoretical best deck/cards already.  Very few people do.  Strategies are still being explored.

I play 2 Twister in my Dinos and wouldn't change that at this point.  They're not that great in the mirror but I'll face a deck from the field more often than the mirror.  I feel obligated to play them to not auto-lose vs Water Balloons and they are good against Relinquished, Shard, Yami/Mountain/Umi and other things.

My Dino's isn't much different than others:

6 Dinos

1 Element Saurus

1 Bazoo

1 Leotaur

1 Kuriboh

2 Riryoku

2 Twister

2 Order to Charge

1 Mirror Wall

1 Windstorm

2 Metalmorph

I don't have 2nd copies of Element Saurus yet (lolright) or Mirror Wall.  I could see myself making room for them and possibly going up to 21 cards if necessary.

Conspire    2391
23 hours ago, mark said:

I think the Rock Paper Scissor format here is this:

Dinosaur beats every normal deck because 1900 ATK > all
Any deck with Twisters beats Dinosaurs because 1700/1800 ATK > 1600 ATK
But any deck with Twisters loses against any deck that's not Dinosaur

Which is, of course, a simplification of reality, also there's no point in discussing the 'mirrors' because that's 100% equal anyway outside of technical play (Dinosaur field doesn't make your Dinosaur match-up weak because they also play it, Twister being dead doesn't make your match-ups against opponents decks with Twister being dead worse because both have the dead draws, so always 50/50 there). 

That said the 'solution' to the Rock Paper Scissors format is obviously Flash Assailant and to a lesser extend Bazoo, because they shit on all monsters mentioned and don't require you playing Twister or Field spells and aren't vulnerable to Twister etc. so they solve everything. 

You have Twisters as well to stop their field buffs.  For decks who play natural mons at 1700-1750 you just have to use your battle techs properly.  Riryoku is a great way to push through.

• Upvote 1