JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links (before this was its own section)

Inti    129

So far for the special duels I been trying out Relinquished and been working pretty good so far that I discussed a bit in the discord chat. I am thinking of running some anti relinquished cards if I face the mirror and maybe run more cards in my deck to prevent myself from drawing pieces. 

I've been trying to run a deck intended to draw into Exodia.  Think it still needs work.

Deck: 20

Skill: Grandpa's Cards (+5 Exodia pieces)

Monsters: 10

3x Bubonic Vermin

3x Skelengel

3x Thunder Dragon

1x Blue Dragon Summoner

Spells: 3

3x Shard of Greed

Traps: 7

3x Jar of Greed

2x A Feint Plan

1x Backup Soldier

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

I have two Blue Dragon Summoners and I'm trying to get enough stuff for a third.  I'm also currently thinking of dropping (from current list) either the Skelengels or Vermin for the second Summoner, Solemn Wishes, and a third Feint Plan.  Thoughts?

+mark    3105

A lot of people play Beatdown etc. If you want to go the Exodia route, I think playing stall options such as Wonder Balloons, Cocoon of Evolution, Pumprincess etc. depending on what you have, combined with the drawcards such as Shard of Greed is the way to go. Bubonic Vermin is definitely good since it eats 3 attacks and thins your deck out by 2 cards, which means it's way better than Thunder Dragon which only thins the deck, but without eating 3 attacks. The problem with only running Jar of Greed, Skelengel, etc, is that you'll eventually run out of protection and your opponent can finish you with 1 battle phase, because they'll have 3 monsters by then. The 3 stall cards I mentioned, however, can potentially stall for 'as long as possible, until your opponent draws an out', so they're better.

That said, everyone plays regular decks such as Beatdown, GK or Relinquished: I reached Platinum with a regular beatdown deck (30 cards) and I've seen Exodia resolve once during the last, idk, 30 duels or so. So it's not the fastest and best strategy available.

Yeah.  I mean, I really enjoy the Exodia thing.  Honestly, I think it's funny, especially when my opponent attacks and I end up drawing or searching out that last piece.  Then I just laugh.

I could probably build a Relinquished deck.  I just got my second Sonic Bird.  I might try to hybrid the deck out, though.  Throw a bit of draw power or deck thinning so that Exodia isn't completely out.  It's actually what I did when the event started, just a basic beatdown with stuff like Jar and Blue Dragon in it.

What are some good stall cards, though?  I've got 2x Enemy Controller, I've got Enchanted Javelins.  Just found out I've got a Solemn Wishes if LP gain each turn is something I should have.  I do also have Wonder Balloons- was able to splurge a bit and went for that special where you get 10 packs and a random Super, and got my third copy as the bonus card.  Wouldn't mind getting Pumprincess, but don't have her right now.

+mark    3105

'Permanent' stall options:

Cocoon, Wonder Balloons, Pumprincess, maybe Mask of the Accursed + stuff like Bubonic Vermin/Big Shield Gardna, etc. 

Playing cards that give you LP once or that block 1 attack won't cut it; since you'll run out of them eventually. Solemn Wishes gives 500 LP per turn, and sometimes 1000-1500, but there are cards that stop your opponent from attacking all together, which saves you around 1800 LP/turn, therefore Solemn Wishes shouldn't be played either. Stuff like Harpie Lady 3 is good as well, since once you got Balloons or Pumprincess up they can't get over it - but when they can, it still eats 3 attacks total. I don't think you need much more than this since you want to play 20 anyway, and you've got to fit in Shard of Greed etc. as well. 

Just acquired Legion the Fiend Jester.  Man, what I wouldn't give for the Card Trader to have Wonder Wand in his lineup right now... it won't change for another seven hours.

Inti    129

The deck I been using for the Exodia special duels that I reached gold 1 with is this

Monsters:14

1x Axe Raider

2x Battle Ox

1x Jerry Beans Man

1x Kaiser Sea Horse 

2x Relinquished

1x Senju (Hopefully I get a 2nd one)

2x Sonic Bird 

2x Sphere Kuriboh

1x Twin Barrel Dragon

1x Zolga 

Spells:5

2x Black Illusion Ritual

3x E-Cons 

Traps:4

2x Common Charity 

1x Metalmorph

1x Windstorm of Etaqua 

I am thinking about adding anti relinquished cards (Dark Soul and Skull Lair) since I seen some beatdown decks use it as well more 1700-1750 beaters if I can get more and maybe Ririyoku field to counter e con.

Edited by Inti

I'm seriously wishing I'd gotten Wander Wands all those chances ago.  I'm getting my ass handed to me by Beat-Draw decks that use Blue Dragon Summoner, Legion, Wand, and Airknight Parshath.  There have also been a few times where I received a time limit loss despite having plenty of time.  Konami might not have fixed it, but it seems to only happen when I'm on my wi-fi.  I'm not really sure.  On the one hand, I hope it's just the wi-fi, but that means I have to use data to be even remotely competitive.  On the other hand, I can call out Konami and the cheaters for screwing me over, but that doesn't really help me rank up, now does it?  Ugh, I feel like I'm in a real Catch-22.

Maybe I'll try a modified form of your build, Inti.  I only have one Sphere Kuriboh, and I don't have Zolga or Battle Ox, but I think I can replace them easily enough.  I'll also need to replace E-Con #3, unless I can farm one from Kaiba real quick.  Kinda doubt it, though.

adversary__    452

New box is out. Sonic Duck and Birdface in. Harpie's tier 0! Hahaha.

I feel like That Wacky Magic could actually be a card.

Edited by adversary__

+mark    3105

Birdface is really good. Makes your opponent have to waste a powercard to get rid of it, and it effectively has no weaknesses: can walk into E-Con/Sphere Kuriboh/Mirror Wall no problem. Harpies as a deck still have the weakness of 'bad when they lose the field spell', although a 1600/1600 that searches a Harpie upon dead isn't terrible by any means. I think it's the best card from the set, and if you play Harpies it's definitely worth resetting after hitting a copy probably. 

Not sure if Harpies Relinquished even has space for Sonic Duck but it's definitely interesting. I mean, between 4 Relinquished 3 Birdface 3 Sphere Kuriboh 3 Harpie Lady - that's already 13 cards right there, without the E-Cons/Twisters/etc. even. Or are you talking about regular Harpies?

Yeah not sure what you're trying to kill with That Wacky Magic - Relinquished after it lost it's Equip is the best thing that comes to mind.

I think this set really sucks apart from a few good cards, such as Birdface. 95% of the site is outright garbage though, and I'm pretty sure the UR's are shit.

adversary__    452

I was speaking of the normal monster beatdown version of the Harpie deck, yes. 

I don't really have anything in mind for TWM, it just seems interesting. 

UR's are definitely shit. 

adversary__    452

I was speaking of the normal monster beatdown version of the Harpie deck, yes. 

I don't really have anything in mind for TWM, it just seems interesting. 

UR's are definitely shit. 

+mark    3105

I think I like this though:

4 Sonic Bird/Senju
2-3 Birdface
2-3 Sphere Kuriboh
3 Harpie Lady
4 Relinquished

2-3 E-Con
1-2 Twister

You kind of auto-win if they don't out the field, and if they do you play regular Relinq which can't hurt. Only downside tbh is not having too much space for other S/T's, but yeah overall you have a very high consistency, good early game and a good late game, where old Harpies relinq seemed kind of hit or miss and kind of sucked when you didn't open Harpies or Relinq combo. 

+Gojira    1741

Yeah Switcheroo Relinquished was strictly better before, but now i'm not so sure.

Grimey    8228

This is why I wanted the Mai field spell ability so bad, ftr. We already knew Birdface was coming out and I'm pretty sure Birdface/Harpie Sister Egotist deck is the nuts now. 

Grimey    8228

This set really does suck dick. I thought you guys were just exaggerating lmao

Diskblade Rider seems okay-ish

Birdface definitely best card in the pack 

Desert Twister definitely has potential but seems pretty awful right now 

Sonic Duck is okay

Big Bang Shot is really win-more (Asura Priest/Vylon Equip Deck) 

Different Dimension Gate could be sorta okay possibly?? 

Grimey    8228

beat lv30 yugi with a relinquished deck and got gandora lol 

what card is even good from him anyways? all these cards blow and unless im dumb i dont actually understand how union attack is used to farm. i swear the card says "no battle damage from the monster that attacks with this" 

+Gojira    1741

Gandora has potential to be good

Union attack is used with Grave keeper's Vassal, which deals effect damage instead of battle damage.

• Upvote 1

So, using a modified form of Inti's build for the Exodia event.  Works rather well, if I do say so myself.

Monsters: 15

2x Relinquished

2x Sonic Bird

1x Mefist the Infernal General

1x Jerry Beans Man

1x Axe Raider

1x Double Coston

1x Kaiser Sea Horse

1x Neo the Magic Swordsman

1x Sonic Duck

1x Twin-Barrel Dragon

1x Warrior Dai Grepher

1x Senju of the Thousand Hands

1x Sphere Kuriboh

Spells: 5

2x Black Illusion Ritual

2x Enemy Controller

1x Twister

Traps: 4

2x Common Charity

1x Metalmorph

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

I included Mefist because of his Piercing effect and because dealing battle damage with him also kills a random card in my opponent's hand.

Grimey    8228

Well I just pulled 2 Gandora, 1 Union Attack and 1 Magical Blast off of the same 1 farming duel. Is there literally any reason to farm Yugi anymore? I have a playset of Gandora, 1 Union Attack for farming and Magical Blast even though the card is pretty trash. 

• Upvote 1

+Gojira    1741

a shiny magical blast can be useful for cerberus, and you need either a 2nd union attack or to run Spell reclamation in the farming decks that use it.

+Gojira    1741
5 minutes ago, Grimey said:

Why do you need a second Union attack? Every list I've seen only uses 1 

they probably run spell reclamation then, unless you're using a combination of Blue eyes ultimate and Cu chulainn