JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links (before this was its own section)

mark    3104

My opponent just went:

Double Wonder Balloons, locks himself out of drawing any cards because he keeps discarding the Sword thing that keeps returning to the top of deck every time you do so

Starts discarding Exodia pieces as well at some point

Literally does nothing 

Lets me draw 20 turns until I draw Exodia as my literal last card in deck

Format = solved, best strategy confirmed

real talk, I wonder if reaching KoG is legit possible at all

Faint    5574

Just got 20 packs and not a single SR or UR. I'm pissed.

+Gojira    1702
9 minutes ago, Winter Multi said:

Just got 20 packs and not a single SR or UR. I'm pissed.

That's not that unlikely tbh, just pretty unlucky.

mark    3104

I have literally gotten like 60 packs without a SR/UR, then got like 10 in a row. RNG definitely doesn't work sometimes at least for rarity's and packs, I assume they may do it to stop people from resetting packs early or to stop the re-roll thing. 

mark    3104

Rankings just reset, aka time to reach KoG/get free gems again 

+Gojira    1702

are you using her to farm yugi, etc? you can do 8k points easily against some LDs with Mai

wduartes    75
1 hour ago, Gojira said:

are you using her to farm yugi, etc? you can do 8k points easily against some LDs with Mai

interesting, care to explain?

+Gojira    1702
23 minutes ago, wduartes said:

interesting, care to explain?

posted a deck to farm lv30 yugi earlier with Mako, but you can use it with anyone. Certainl lv40 LDs have terrible decks

• Upvote 1

Well, the Special Duels event has ended.  I made it to Gold 5 at one point, but then got kicked to the curb hard and barely managed to claw my way back to Gold 3.  Here's my final decklist for the event.  Any comments on what I may have done right or wrong?  I think I did the best I could, but maybe I missed some card choices that would've helped.

Exodia-Beat

Deck: 26 +Exodia

Monsters: 14

2x Relinquished

1x Airknight Parshath

1x Twin-Barrel Dragon

2x Sonic Bird

1x Senju of the Thousand Hands

2x Sphere Kuriboh

1x Diskblade Rider

1x Jerry Beans Man

1x Warrior Dai Grepher

1x Neo the Magic Swordsman

1x Sonic Duck

Spells: 5

1x Twister

2x Enemy Controller

2x Black Illusion Ritual

Traps: 7

1x Mirror Wall

1x Michizure

1x Metalmorph

3x Common Charity

1x Windstorm of Etaqua

Like I said, I was working with what I had.  I'm working on clearing out all the Supers and Ultras from Neo-Impact so I can reset and get another Senju.  I had maxed out on Common Charity because I thought it would be better to just use Exodia's limbs as fodder for draw power.  I think most of the other card choices are self-explanatory, but I still want to know what I could have done differently.

mark    3104

I wasn't able to reach KoG either, and as far as I'm aware no one on here has. I made it to Platinum 3, got a 4-winstreak but lost the last duel, then tried multiple different decks that didn't work out. The format sucked and was high variance. That said I realized a few things:

Exodia makes decks less consistent, and while I initially played 30-cards (which kind of worked), I realized that at some point I was drawing my 1700-beaters when my opponent drew their higher attack monsters, etc. So yeah, basically you could've played 20-cards with all copies of Dunames/Jerry Beans/Twin Barrel you had, then fill it up with 4-Starred for example. I'm not convinced this is the format for combo decks so I wouldn't have bothered with Ritual at all, especially in a 31-card deck odds of drawing Relinquished are too low. I decided to play Order to Charge over Common Charity because Order to Charge is actually a good card, and it also turns your worse normal monsters into something useful in case you don't draw Exodia - I think at some point I played 1 Wonder Balloons 2 Order to Charge, I didn't want to play too much Common Charity etc, because they would increase the dead draws in situations where I didn't draw Exodia, so you're gambling on drawing both at the same time. Wonder Balloons/Order to Charge were good with or without Exodia, so it was the most consistent thing I could come up with. I also played 1 Pumprincess. It obviously comes down to the cards you actually have, but I think just playing the best stand-alone cards you had was the way to go for this event, up until Platinum at least. 

mark    3104

Depending on what cards you did or didn't have, Susa Soldier and Embodiment of Apophis were decent as well. I played at least 2 Twisters/De-Spell/Wild Tornado because Wonder Balloons/Pumprincess was really dominant, and I think I'd max out on Wonder Balloons for sure, and possible some copies of Pumprincess as well. It makes your cards stronger than your opponent's on average, so could get away with 2 Twister 5 Wonder Balloons/Pumprincess 13 Beaters or something. Another thing, you didn't play enough monsters. Normally you want around 50% of your deck to be monsters (depending on your deck of course), but in this case since the 5 Exodia pieces don't really count, and Sphere Kuriboh also doesn't count (Apophis does, though), I'd argue that half of your 'total' deck should be monsters. For example if you play 20 cards, with Exodia that's 25, then you'd need to play 12-13 monsters, without counting Sphere Kuribohs. Pumprincess/4-Starred are a grey line, they probably count as half a monster. 

Thanks for that advice and analysis, mark.  It's a lot to consider.  I'll try to keep all this in mind if they do the event again, though I bet the next Special Duel series will be something completely different.

Grimey    8106
6 hours ago, Gojira said:

I used Mai exclusively to farm LDs and leveled her from 30 to 35 only off of LDs lol.. 

I used Cerberus for most LV40 LDs and used this deck for LV30 LDs (only works vs some, you prob know this already)

Grimey    8106

Also, this is how to farm LV40 Kaiba and get 7000-8000 Assessment per duel 

Marigold    5
1 hour ago, Grimey said:

I used Mai exclusively to farm LDs and leveled her from 30 to 35 only off of LDs lol.. 

I used Cerberus for most LV40 LDs and used this deck for LV30 LDs (only works vs some, you prob know this already)

How in the hell did you get so many keys lol

Faint    5574

Just turned lvl 25 with mai and got this at the same time vs tea

Who wants to give me a good harpie build?! :D

Screenshot_20170322-220147.png

• Upvote 1

Silver    959

grimey and faint join the discord

and i lost my harpie hunting ground cherry auto dueling some standard XD

Faint    5574

Im sorry grimey

I am never on discord :(