JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links (before this was its own section)

CT3000    28

Agreed on the speed of pack releases. I'm F2P and haven't gone into the Phoenix set yet, as good as SRH and Heavy Knight are you need them in multiples for sure, which takes time without spending $$$. Heavy Knight in particular is really fucking amazing; for you guys not really liking ranked, playing that shit in a control deck makes games really hard, saying this as a guy using Red Eyes lmfao

To be completely honest I fell in love with Machines in this game, hence the 7 Completed avatar, so I'm excited for the set, even if it may barely change the meta. I'll have my fun with XYZ cards, Mecha Phantom Beasts, etc. Also Des Gardius is pretty fun 

knives1990    262

It's steadily turning into p2w which is unfortunate because if you're f2p, you can still make the dumbass decks like burn and deck out which are horrendous to play with and against. Won 5 straight in legend 1 with weevil burn and couldn't feel more ashamed of myself

• Upvote 4

+Silver    1006
15 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

It's steadily turning into p2w which is unfortunate because if you're f2p, you can still make the dumbass decks like burn and deck out which are horrendous to play with and against. Won 5 straight in legend 1 with weevil burn and couldn't feel more ashamed of myself

try watching weeb pron while playing duel links while also saying the n word while watching a emitt til vid. 

»Digbick    7246

They should ease up with releasing packs goddamn. Crimson kingdom was fairly recent

• Upvote 4

+Silver    1006

i think its fine. its just now we gotta think ahead and actually see what decks we want. now its irl ygo except we save up gems and not money

knives1990    262

I'm almost convinced that right now sacred Phoenix decks have the best overall game against the meta. The new pack will change things up again, but if you want a deck that isn't necessarily weak to any one deck, this seems like the best option. Tired of facing off against tea, weevil, and Toons and feeling like I have a 20% or lower chance to win, and continue to grind against everything else. 

• Upvote 2

Maybe I'm missing something, but the new pack doesn't seem all that impressive to me.  In fact, Treeborn Frog looks like the best card in there, while everything else just feels mediocre at best.  Think I'll try to finish off Crimson Kingdom.  Or maybe go back to Flame of the Tyrant and try to build a mill deck.  I've always been fond of mill decks.

mark    3105
8 hours ago, Starlight Warrior said:

In fact, Treeborn Frog looks like the best card in there.

well yeah lol 

dexer008    805
20 hours ago, knives1990 said:

I'm almost convinced that right now sacred Phoenix decks have the best overall game against the meta. The new pack will change things up again, but if you want a deck that isn't necessarily weak to any one deck, this seems like the best option. Tired of facing off against tea, weevil, and Toons and feeling like I have a 20% or lower chance to win, and continue to grind against everything else. 

The dream:

3 Treeborn Frog

3 Hand of Nepthys

3 Sacred Phoenix of Nepthys

3 Fire King Avatar - Yaksha

2 Sphere Kuriboh

3 Enemy Controller

2 Soul Exchange

2 Super Rush Headlong

3 hours ago, mark said:

well yeah lol 

lol  Yeah I guess I was stating the obvious there.  Still, almost everything else in there looks like crap.  I don't know how well Ninja.dek will work seeing as Senior Silver Ninja is LV5.  Union.dek might be viable, but I'm not sure the discard cost of the XYZ Fusions won't hold them back.

dexer008    805

I thought unions would be great for a auto duel deck, but turns out they don't fusion summon :'( 

Grimey    8112

When did they nerf Treeborn in the actual TCG? 

Once per turn, and only 1 face-up Treeborn were never a thing when I played the game 

IRLAlex    116

The treeborn bit always existed.

OPT is new though. 

Also, three enemy controllers yay.

mark    3105
9 hours ago, Starlight Warrior said:

lol  Yeah I guess I was stating the obvious there.  Still, almost everything else in there looks like crap.  I don't know how well Ninja.dek will work seeing as Senior Silver Ninja is LV5.  Union.dek might be viable, but I'm not sure the discard cost of the XYZ Fusions won't hold them back.

to be fair this set is fucking broken

treeborn frog alone is worth building a deck around, given that we have econ, angmarl, soul exchange. angmarl is fucking broken

chion the mage singlehandedly solves the problem that you either insta-lose vs aids stall/burn if you dont main twisters, but twisters being dead against backrow, etc. also has synergy with angmarl 

thunder nyan nyan is a 1900 atk monster, hamstrat seems pretty abusable, judgment of thunder is good in a vacuum although idk about thunders, soul transition seems pretty good in certain decks (tributing floaters like senju, blue dragon summone, goblin zombie etc.)

really what's not to love about this set. in fact I wonder if you're trolling atm, this is literally the definition of powercreep, this set is so fucking broken

Grimey    8112

i'm pretty confident that they could not release packs for the next 6 months and there would still be like 3-5 top tier decks 

Huh.  Those are good points.  I hadn't considered a lot of those.  Mostly I was looking for hidden treasures in the commons and rares.

Huh.  Those are good points.  I hadn't considered a lot of those.  Mostly I was looking for hidden treasures in the commons and rares.

CT3000    28

I think the thing with this set was, that it doesn't boost any current deck, and it's at the most arguable that the best deck from this set could replace Red Eyes. As it stands it's extremely P2P and most of those people are prolly satisfied with 3 Gozuki 3 Wyvern... at least until someone breaks Angmarl

Chiron looks pretty good, prolly as a 1 of tech or in control. 1800 ATK is great but obviously not as commanding as it was months ago

Edited by CT3000

Conspire    2391

The set does have some great cards but I very much doubt they will dethrone Red-Eyes which means we will still have a cancerous meta of Red-Eyes/Toons/Mill/Burn with some Zombie/Water/Venus/Control decks thrown into the mix.  So I still think it makes sense to focus on other sets before this one.

I would love to see a Monarch deck power over Red-Eyes but I think ultimately it will fall short because of 1) Treeborn being once per turn and 2) the consistency and speed Red-Eyes gets because of Insight.

Chiron being once per turn means you don't even get to destroy a protected Toon Kingdom, other decks play chainables, and Red-Eyes will just CV your normal summon and game you next turn.  It's a good card that was released too late and now probably won't have much of an impact.

Faint    5820

Got my first ur......andddddd its shinato. Whats the betting treeborn is on the literal last pack?

• Upvote 1

Conspire    2391

I've got 20 packs left in Crimson Kingdom and haven't pulled Wyvern or Gozuki.  When I farmed Super Joey I got 0 copies of Insight and only 1 copy of Spirit (plus the copy everyone got, for 2 copies total.)  I got no additional Anti-Magic Arrows from Arkana.

The game has basically decided for me that I must play cheese decks if I wish to compete at legend rank.

dexer008    805

I've pulled 2 The creator and 2 the creator incarnate from the new pack. Thinking of making a fun deck with these guys any ideas? Also have 2 herald of creation which from memory goes with the theme.

CT3000    28

As someone who's run pure Red Eyes, before Insight was here and now after, it's pretty cheesy. Can't tell you how many times I open Insight + CV.

But a saving grace is that more players seem to favor Zombies, with REZD as the boss and just going for aggression, opting out Vanilla Red Eyes and Cards of Red Stone. I think versions with CV are more cancerous, have more potential, but people like making REZD go to 3000+ ATK I guess