JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

Inti    56
18 minutes ago, bringer of death said:

Can anyone suggest a deck for farming level 40 Kaiba? Preferably one without supremacy berries since I haven't got them.

I heard you can use Gravity Axe-Grarl instead of Berry and same here every single time I win against LV 40 Tea using my Cerberus deck I got no barriers. Plus it hard to to get a higher score when Tea keeps tinning her deck out with Card From The Sky.

• Upvote 1

JC.    4588

@mark

you mentioned a bazoo deck in the mafia game, figured i should move that discussion here

what kind of list are you thinking for it? here's a rough prototype i came up with

3 magical merchant

3 bazoo

3 flash assailant

3 needle sunfish

2 dweller in the depths

3 wonder balloons

2 banner of courage

1 mirror wall

chrona    82
7 hours ago, bringer of death said:

Can anyone suggest a deck for farming level 40 Kaiba? Preferably one without supremacy berries since I haven't got them.

I could imagine stalling, then using De-Spell for getting rid of EC. After that Fusion into either Blue-eyes Ultimate or Red Eyes Meteor + Riryoku (with Substitutes) for an OTK

+mark    2934
6 hours ago, JC. said:

@mark

you mentioned a bazoo deck in the mafia game, figured i should move that discussion here

what kind of list are you thinking for it? here's a rough prototype i came up with

3 magical merchant

3 bazoo

3 flash assailant

3 needle sunfish

2 dweller in the depths

3 wonder balloons

2 banner of courage

1 mirror wall

I wish I had all those cards, I have only traded 2 Bazoo but no good s/t's yet :/
I'd probably play even less S/Ts because Mallet itself is rather an S/T, drawing monster clogg is less worse with Wonder Balloons, if you really wanted to you could play Rai-Mei as well with. Not to crash it and search Mallet, but to play it and and try to make it not die, so when it will die, you get a free search. This is all dependent on the read of the meta which I assume continuously changes, how much Twister people play, etc. (especially for Balloons), so other than that I can't fully comment on it. 

+mark    2934

If going the Wonder Baloons route, thoughts about Ancient Dragon? Needs to get only one ATK through to increase ATK, could bluffset Mirror Wall - or, if people don't care - play Mirror Walls and have people attacking into it (which is what I mean by having a read on the meta / what the playerbase does in general). 

Edit: Ancient Dragon sucks, has to be direct atk 

+mark    2934
14 hours ago, bringer of death said:

If you have a sphere kuriboh, isn't it a very good alternative for the 2nd enemy controller? I don't have enemy controller yet, nor have I played ranked that much (been playing for a week and opting for doing stages instead of ranked for the time being) but I think the tribute to steal effect shouldn't come up that often. 

I might be completely wrong on this.

14 hours ago, Inti said:

True it can be though it does not has the secondary effect which is rarely used anyways and I don't know want to take out for it maybe a Reinforcements.

Sphere Kuriboh is a replacement if you don't have e-con/better cards, but e-con is better not for it's 2nd eff, but for the fact that you can use it on your own turn to gain momentum. The 2nd eff is an OTK bonus that comes up if your opponent has 2 monsters, you summon one, attack over one monster than tribute it to take their 2nd monster and attack for game, or when they have 2 monsters of equal atk you can tribute any weak monster and make them crash, but the fact that it's so flexible is why I really like it. 

• Upvote 2

+mark    2934

I'm gold rank 2 and I don't even have good cards yet. I'm kaiba-Mountian, decklist:
2 Bazoo
1 Needle Sunfish
2 Dweller in the Depths
2 Element Dragon

1 Rai-Mei
3 Magical Merchant
3 Guardian of the Throne Room

1 Shard of Greed
2 Gravity Axe - Grarlge
2 Banner of Courage

1 Curse of Aging

I have 0 Mirror Wall, E-con, Baloon, or any other of the good S/T's or any of the dinosaur deck you guys talk about :/
Also, sold 2 BEWD, now I can't play with yugi, it's requirement to unluck it is 'Summon BEWD' (which I've done countless of times, but that was before this requirement appeared lol).

Also how the fuck do you get Ultra Rares? I must've bought 100+ packs but I've pulled almost no Ultra Rares... 
I got a lot of deck ideas I want to test if I had the cards, what's the best way to get them, PvP, auto-dueling, gate dueling? I'm doing a combination of all atm. 

• Upvote 1

+mark    2934

What I like about Rai-Mei/Needle Sunfish is that I could care less about walking into a Mirror Wall or what not, also makes it slightly less terrible to lose them if you put an equip spell on it. Needle Sunfish is also a free card milled off of Merchant or discarded. I play Bazoo by keeping it in hand until I need it/can go for game/have enough monsters in grave to pressure my opp. Dweller in the depths is pretty nuts with Shared of Greed. I also got the Naturia thing 1x btw, think it has synergy with Banner of Courage. 

Ideal deck may be this: 

3 Magical Merchant
3 Bazoo
3 Dweller in the Depths
3 Needle Sunfish
2 Rai-Mei

6 Baloons/Shard of Greed/Banner of Courage
?

Although Mirror Wall is complete nuts as well so may warrant 3 copies over the continuous spells... Rai-Mei/Shard of Greed have nice synergy with Baloons. Btw if Dinosaur were tier 1, or if side-decking existed, the 1000 ATK/1000 DEF guy which attacks doubles when battling a certain type that you can choose seems to counter them, call Dinosaur and it becomes a 2000 ATK monster. The 2000 ATK monster without cards in hand may be good as well though, maybe even better than Dweller in the Dephts if you decided to play 3 Mirror Walls 3 Baloons? 

+mark    2934

btw I totally want to test the 4-star flip monster although it prob doesn't work because of order of change/the equip that negates monster effs that die, but aside from that blowing an entire field is the ultimate come-back play 

JC.    4588

Level up characters for gems. Don't fight dueliats at the gate until you reach Stage 30; high level gate opponents can drop good cards (e.g. you get e-con from kaiba), so you'll want the keys later on.

If you made it to gold rank 2 you can probably make it to platinum--matchmaking seems to draw from the entire tier.

If you mean naturia strawberries, run it over guardian of the throne room. Higher ranks means more mako decks where being a machine will hurt.

I just got my 2nd bazoo today. You have some solid cards.

Like with any packs, pulling the URs is luck. Remember that each box only has 1 of each though. So if you pull like mirror wall and a few other good cards early you might want to reset the box.

Dino decks usually run some combination of jerry beans/thunder dragon/guardian grarl, but hunter with 7 weapons is not the worst. Main problem is other decks like mako run a variety (fish, sea serpent, aqua).

4 star ladybug is cash. Probably should run it if you have it.

I feel the same way about wishing i had more cards so i could playtest

+mark    2934

I understand the resetting but I've only pulled crap UR's lol, and each 'big' set has like 10 of them 
Btw I'm also thinking (fieldspell aside) that 3 Mirror Wall 3 Econ is 100% the best way to make opponent's twisters dead. Also thinking if you're walking into your opponent's mirror wall when going 2nd you can get OTK'd, therefore maybe even the trap that puts all monster to def might be better than econ, simply because it's like a Waboku but you can actually run over their monsters next turn without dying to Mirror Wall

• Upvote 1

+mark    2934

Gold rank 3 etc. opponent's still be playing Twister/Atk changing stuff in my MP1.... 26 cards deck don't even get me started 

• Upvote 3

+mark    2934

Forget about that, this guy just fucking played 'Tornado' against me, I don't even... 

• Upvote 2

+mark    2934

btw I had this theory that Judgment of Anubis + Baloons to protect vs Twister may be the abso nuts but haven't tested / probably gimmicky / not everyone plays twister etc. 

• Upvote 1

+mark    2934

You know what Econ/the trap that puts stuff to def (or sphere kuriboh) are near staples because they do shit when you have OPEN FIELDS which means you'll die otherwise, and between mirror wall/order of change/what not open fields are almost guaranteed to happen 

• Upvote 1

JC.    4588

Windstorm of Equata is a great card for sure. Unfortunately, you can only get one copy right now (Mai level 25 reward). It's probably the best reward card.

Not sure if I brought it up earlier, but for levelling up characters I think the path is:

Everyone to 10 (gets reward gems)

Mai to 25 (equata)

Keith to 25 (metalmorph)

Odion to 21 (curse of anubis)

Joey to 14 (sheep that serves as a fusion substitute)

and them w/e. There are a few random 1600 attackers scattered about but it looks like you're already past that stage

wduartes    77

i didnt have mirror wall yet so im playing 3 x Curse of Aging ( i have 0 reinforcements).

3 goyjin

1 axe raider

3 arsenal

1 guardian of the throne

1 bazoo

1 double costom

2 riryoku

1 pendant

1 gravity axe

1 baou

2 courage

3 aging

EDIT: Its a pain in the ass farming tea with cerberus to geat Berry, nor kaiba with cat + riryoku field

Edited by wduartes

Brosi    90

Just in case anyone feels tempted to farm lv 10 rex for dinos, just don't. Battled him ~80 times and got none, just the standard cards. Wait until stage 30.

Also consider 3 Shadowslayer on early stages. Drawing two means winning on turn 2 against AIs.

• Upvote 2

Gear    718

Outplaying your Rex opponents Order to Charge feels too good on Mako.  I'm @ Gold 2 and starting to see last season KoG players and less crap decks. 

Went through two boxes of Age of Discovery to get my deck

1 Suijin

2 LDD

2 Needle Fish

2 Yomi

3 Gyojin

3 Angler

1 Umi

1 Order to Charge

2 Big Wave 

2 Michizure

1 Reinforcements

Ideally would like EC and Water Hazard. Gotta grind level 40s. 

Edited by Gear

wduartes    77
34 minutes ago, JC. said:

@wduarteswhat skill are you playing with that list?

Im leveling up Mai to get etaqua, so none.

In pvp im playing dinos, but + 1 elemental saurus + 4 1600 dinos -5 somethings.

VS kaiba/rex/tea im using Haga + 1800skill in boths.

All of them force you to buy neoimpact to get riryoku field ( for the all damage bonus ) + Shooting Star Bow(for the +9.9k bonus), but the rng avoids to give me wall/beans man/saurus/naturias/leotaurs.

idk if there are any other card usefull in N-I.

Just in case anyone feels tempted to farm lv 10 rex for dinos, just don't. Battled him ~80 times and got none, just the standard cards. Wait until stage 30.

yap. learned in the hard way a couple of days ago, but with just 10 games.

EDIT: am i the only one that dont get enought yellow keys?

Edited by wduartes

JC.    4588
12 minutes ago, Gear said:

1 Suijin

2 LDD

2 Needle Fish

2 Yomi

3 Gyojin

3 Angler

1 Umi

1 Order to Charge

2 Big Wave 

2 Michizure

1 Reinforcements

Ideally would like EC and Water Hazard. Gotta grind level 40s. 

Not a fan of order to charge with only gyojin as a target.

Stray Lambs is also good and gold+ opponents probably wont attack a set deadlus due to fear of Suijin. I would do

-order -1 big wave small wave +2 stray lambs

More obvious but whenever you pick up mirror walls etc replace the michizure

Inti    56
5 hours ago, JC. said:

Windstorm of Equata is a great card for sure. Unfortunately, you can only get one copy right now (Mai level 25 reward). It's probably the best reward card.

Not sure if I brought it up earlier, but for levelling up characters I think the path is:

Everyone to 10 (gets reward gems)

Mai to 25 (equata)

Keith to 25 (metalmorph)

Odion to 21 (curse of anubis)

Joey to 14 (sheep that serves as a fusion substitute)

and them w/e. There are a few random 1600 attackers scattered about but it looks like you're already past that stage

This is my level up priority list that is similar to yours when it comes to ability and cards.

1. Keith Lv 4 and lv 25 (Switcheroo and Metalmorph)

2. Mai Lv 25 (Etaqua)

3.Yami Yugi Lv 20,Lv 23 and 25 (Sorcery Conduit,Goddess With A Third Eye, and Mystic Box)

4. Odion lv 16,21, and 23 (Curse of Royal,Curse of Anubis, Temple Of The Kings)

Others (Not in any specific order and based on the deck you want to build)

Rex Lv 4 and lv 14 (For Dinosaur Kingdom and Two-Headed King Rex)

Mako Lv 3-25 (For Umi Cards and Mystic Depths)

Tea Lv 20 (Only if you want to build a fairy deck or to get her Like Cost Zero skill for a Cyber Stein deck)

Joey Lv 5,Lv 14, and Lv 25 (Polymerization,Mystical Sheep #1, and Heart of The Underdog)

Ishizu Lv 21-25 (Gravekeeper's Assailant, Gravekeeper's Priestess, and Gravekeeper's Stele)

Weevil Lv 3 and Lv 20 (Parasite Paracide and Parasite Infection)

Kaiba Lv 4,Lv 10/21,Lv 14 and lv 23 (Peak Performance, Lord of D,Ryu-Kishhin Powered, and Versago The Destroyer) 

Pegasus Lv 13, Lv 16, Lv 20, and lv 25 (Mind Scan, Jar of Greed,Master of Rites, and Mimicat)

Edited by Inti
  • Upvote 1