JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

1569 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, JC. said:

Not a fan of order to charge with only gyojin as a target.

Stray Lambs is also good and gold+ opponents probably wont attack a set deadlus due to fear of Suijin. I would do

-order -1 big wave small wave +2 stray lambs

More obvious but whenever you pick up mirror walls etc replace the michizure

3-1 ratio has been working in my favor. Card is just really strong. I don't like Stray Lambs in Mako. No Amulets makes it seem to easily countered by their Order and if they do call my bluff I'm fucked. 

Mirror Wall is solid if I felt like grinding packs lol. I've only been playing for 5 days. Game is addicting 

Duelist ID 253462865

Edited by Gear

13 hours ago, mark said:

Sphere Kuriboh is a replacement if you don't have e-con/better cards, but e-con is better not for it's 2nd eff, but for the fact that you can use it on your own turn to gain momentum. The 2nd eff is an OTK bonus that comes up if your opponent has 2 monsters, you summon one, attack over one monster than tribute it to take their 2nd monster and attack for game, or when they have 2 monsters of equal atk you can tribute any weak monster and make them crash, but the fact that it's so flexible is why I really like it. 

Yeah after doing some testing it is a staple if you can't get a 2nd E-Con and I use the 2nd effect everytime a Cyber Stein player tries to OTK me assuming I don't have Order To Charge and Sphere Kuriboh only stops the attack of one Blue-Ultimate Dragon which majority of Cyber Stein has two of them on the field due to Tea's Life Cost Zero Ability.

Toon World event is live! We can now unlock Pegasus and get access to Relinquished.

1 hour ago, JC. said:

Toon World event is live! We can now unlock Pegasus and get access to Relinquished.

Damn, was just coming here to say this myself.  Ah well.

Hey, who knows how to get the character missions for Pegasus?  Do I just have to keep beating him at the gate?

google says that it appears when you get 35k points in the event

Thoughts about Twin-Barrel? 1700atk, when summoned 25% chance on killing a card your opp controls. I think it's good. 

idk, you cant boost him with any skills iirc, and get worst against water in pvp.

why is it bad against water? you have 25% of killing their big monsters for free, otherwise rely on battle s/t's?

Oh I see. Still may like it though for possibility to get rid of the big guys. 

Twin Barrel Dragon is a decent card; 1700 beatsticl is big for this game and if his effect goes off you're probably doing pretty well. The primary problems are the 75% chance to do nothing and Umi. The lesser problem is the opportunity cost (i.e. what will buying it from the card trader prevent you from getting later due to lack of orbs/gold). If you can safely pick it up, feel free to try it out more and report back.

3 hours ago, wduartes said:

idk, you cant boost him with any skills iirc, and get worst against water in pvp.

Actually there are two skills that work with coin flipping cards. However they are only drop skills and your probably better of using Second Coin Toss

Joey's Drop Skill: Luck On Your Side (If LP is bellow 1000 all coin tosses lands on heads)

Bandit Keith's Drop Skill: Cheater's Coin (If LP is 1000 or more then the opponents and have at least 5 cards in hand all coin tosses land on heads)

Edited by Inti

I've bought it and I'm using it, I can't say if it's optimal because I don't have 'all good cards that exist', but my reasoning for playing it comes down to:
- Umi aside, a 1700 atk monster is high
- The 25% you hit it, it can turn a losing duel into a winning one
I play it the same as Bazoo, keep it in hand until I ''need' it, for example 2 scenario's where I'd consider summoning it:

- Opponent has a monster (say, 1600/1700 atk) + backrow. If you summon Barrel here, you have the possibility of clearing the backrow and running over the monster (=+2) 25% of the time, and straight up attacking/crashing 75% of the time. If you were to summon any other monster here, you probably would've walked into the backrow the same way. 
- Opponent has a card you can't otherwise out ('Mask' so your monster can't attack, or a Suijn/Sanga or any other 2400+ atk monster). Here, you summon it and have 25% chance of clearing it, but in the 75% chance you do not, you can still set a S/T such as mirror wall if you have it, or worst case let it get run over
It seems like a 'luck based' card, but the way I see it, any card has a % chance of it 'working' or not, for example Twister is a gamble card because you're gambling on the chance of your opponent having a continuous S/T, so from that perspective I think it's an extremely good card. 

I don't like all these skills though because the atk boost seems better, maybe I'd play Joey's skill in a deck with 3 Barrels, and Econ/the trap that turns everything to defense, because then you have a strategy of losing LP until you've hit 1000, then summoning the Barrels for +1's, and using the S/T's to not actually die, it may work but you'd have to build your entire deck around it, and it would be a card advantage based strategy rather than a beat-down strategy, which is interesting though. You could play Rai-Mei/Magical Merchant etc to retain hand advantage while getting your LP kicking in early game, then going Barrell + Bazoo + Baloons to overpower your opponent.

16 minutes ago, mark said:

I don't like all these skills though because the atk boost seems better, maybe I'd play Joey's skill in a deck with 3 Barrels, and Econ/the trap that turns everything to defense, because then you have a strategy of losing LP until you've hit 1000, then summoning the Barrels for +1's, and using the S/T's to not actually die, it may work but you'd have to build your entire deck around it, and it would be a card advantage based strategy rather than a beat-down strategy, which is interesting though. You could play Rai-Mei/Magical Merchant etc to retain hand advantage while getting your LP kicking in early game, then going Barrell + Bazoo + Baloons to overpower your opponent.

If you were going this route (let yourself get down to 1000 and then use a skill), you'd probably want to be playing Tea. Her Life Cost: 0 skill allows her to use abilities cost free for a turn when she gets under 1000 life points. This means you can play Cyber Stein and summon monsters like Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon or Meteor Black Dragon for an OTK.

Then you can't go with the Barrel-always-hit-heads plan anymore, or are you saying the OTK strategy is preferable over the 'card advantage' strategy? By the time you've stalled till your LP hits 1000, your opponent probably has hit their defensive S/T's stacked up by then, also you need protection for the Cyber-Stein (if the attack gets blocked, so they can't run over Stein for game), but yeah depending on how much monster destruction people actually play it could be viable.

Probably E-Con then to tribute the stein and take your opponent's monster.

Yeah, I'm thinking that the OTK strategy would have a higher probability of success than the barrel dragon one.

Defensive Traps: Mirror Wall, Reinforcements, Metalmorph, Windstorm of Etaqua

If they have anything other than Windstorm, your 4500 attack monsters probably run over theirs even through a mirror wall.

You hold the cyber stein in hand until you are able to use his ability. If you fail to get the OTK the deck loses due to life cost 0 being a once per duel (that lasts for the entire turn) effect.

I guess if you're playing against certain opponents they might have Michizure as well.

Enemy Controller is definitely a good plan, but then again, I feel like enemy controller is always a good card to include.

Have people tested deck-out? 

43 minutes ago, mark said:

Have people tested deck-out? 

no mill cards

Some point bonuses  you guys might be interested in.

Over 3000 Damage! - 500 (Must deal MORE than 3000 damage; 3000 exactly will not cut it)

Cards on the Brink  - 500 (Win the duel with no cards in your deck)

Destroyed 10 monsters - 300

Over 5000 Damage! - 1800(?) (Same as "Over 3K Damage!" but must be over 5K; can be accomplished easily with BEUD)

Currently unsure of the point award for Over 5K since I'm training Joey.

13 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

no mill cards

Well, there IS Malice Ascendant, but that's the only one I've seen so far.

Edited by Starlight Warrior

27 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

no mill cards

I'm talking a stall strategy with 30-cards something, are there really much outs to it?

Also, first turn I summon a monster, opponent responds with 'Common Charity', proceeds to discard his entire hand of 5 cards. Can't make this shit up LOL.

Not really strategy related, but for those interested in fan service, certain characters have cutscenes for certain monsters.

Yami Yugi: Dark Magician

Seto Kaiba: Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Téa Gardner: Dark Magician Girl

Joey Wheeler: Red-Eyes B. Dragon (my personal favorite)

I haven't seen any others yet, but I suspect that Mai has one for Harpie Lady Sisters, and that Bandit Keith has one for Barrel Dragon.  These are the only characters I have right now, though I've got unlock missions for Weevil and Rex ready to go.

Edited by Starlight Warrior

Talking about running a mill deck against scrubs who bring 30 card decks reminds me of when a guy I knew brought Empty Jar to a regionals and first round played some kid with no sleeves and like 100 cards in his deck.

he lost

I've almost got all my Dinos just missed the third Crawling.  I've only been cracking the first set as I'm still waiting for 2nd Shard and 2nd Charge.  Will move on to the next set once I get those as I have everything else I'd want.

I definitely plan on exploring some sort of advantage-based deck over the simple beatdown/combo variants out there right now.  Bubonic Vermin seems like it could be pretty good in such a deck.

Pro-tip for anyone who's made it to stage 33 and is facing the "flips for real" and "magical hats" decks.  If you literally do nothing they will never put a monster in attack mode and you can win by decking them out.  I just make a 22 card spell deck and put it on auto play.  You'll get like 4-5 rewards too.