• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

1081 posts in this topic

Hmm.  Truth be told, I'm also looking at Cocoon of Evolution, but that's only because I burned through all my keys for Weevil and didn't get much of anything, except the Grasschopper.  I suppose if I did that, I could also justify a second E-Con.  Still, I've only got one shot at this.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Starlight Warrior said:

Hmm.  Truth be told, I'm also looking at Cocoon of Evolution, but that's only because I burned through all my keys for Weevil and didn't get much of anything, except the Grasschopper.  I suppose if I did that, I could also justify a second E-Con.  Still, I've only got one shot at this.

Weevil is super easy to farm and the only thing worth farming him for is Grasschopper and Cocoon which is only useful in stall decks. I would get the E Con.

Edited by Inti

E-con it is.

I just got Windstorm Tragedy'd and I wanna fucking kill myself 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Grimey said:

Atleast you didn't get OTKed by DM girl with Sage's Stone lol.

Edited by Inti

1 minute ago, Grimey said:

the best strategy

Lol, my Daily Deck Challenge today is the Tea Burn deck!

3 hours ago, Starlight Warrior said:

If I may ask, why Card of Sanctity?

What Grimey said, but I see you already picked E-Con, which was my choice as well

but why Card of Sanctity OTK isnt used to farm kaiba? ( outside of having 3 Cards of Sanctity ) Dont give like 5k DA points if you let kaiba attack you once?  ( 2.5 comeback, 1 spells, 1k only burn, .5 quick victory)

11 minutes ago, wduartes said:

but why Card of Sanctity OTK isnt used to farm kaiba? ( outside of having 3 Cards of Sanctity ) Dont give like 5k DA points if you let kaiba attack you once?  ( 2.5 comeback, 1 spells, 1k only burn, .5 quick victory)

I assume because it is a bit inconsistent and requires the standby skill which is a drop skill.

18 minutes ago, wduartes said:

Definitely going to try this out once I got the cards / skill etc, thanks

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, Inti said:

I assume because it is a bit inconsistent and requires the standby skill which is a drop skill.

oh oh oh, so i need to build unhappy girl to farm to get that skill to farm kaiba. what a twist, lol.

EDIT: i think i have all the cards except the goblin one ( -500 +500) and the skill, i ll try it and post whatever points it gives

Edited by wduartes

the real catch is that in 'regular' builds, you need e-con to farm kaiba 

Posted (edited)

Power of Dark

3 Recruiter

3 Flash Assailant

2 Chief

3 E-Con

3 Twister

1 Soul Exchange

3 Mirror Wall

2 Trap Jammer

1 Windstorm 

this shit is incredibly fun LOL 

Edited by Grimey

Posted (edited)

Okay I won't lie, I am unable to see the appeal of Flash Assailant even now.

I believe it was first mentioned as an inclusion in Dinos. Dino matches are Dino-Mirror Wall-Trap Jammer trades; neither side moves until they are sure they have enough Trap Jammer to counter the opposing Mirror Wall, and both sides amass big numbers of cards before this deciding moment. All Flash Assailant does is to sit dead in your hand all this time, or force yourself to get owned by Mirror Wall because you need to attack with Assailant while he has 2k ATK before both sides start to amass cards.

It then became some sort better-than-Dino Dino deck by pairing it with Electro. This is the one that I can somewhat see the appeal; protect Electro using an S/T up every turn and therefore having an open S/T slot every turn to set S/Ts, and because you play low number of monsters combined with using Keith, Flash Assailant almost always be at 2k ATK.

Now it's being used in some sort of GK deck, which it is obviously carried by Mirror Wall and Recruiter. Like, why Flash Assailant when any random monster works because Mirror Wall exists anyway? Even summoning a GK Priestess can threaten the opponent with an (admittedly non-existent) Oracle.

---

Somewhat related to Flash Assailant, I guess you all think Swift Gaia is pretty good then? Sidegrade to Flash Assailant, or upgrade of Flash Assailant?

---

Lastly, I would like to talk about Tragedy. I thought it sucked too, until another perspective appeared on Reddit in an AMA. Think about Order to Charge, then Michzure, then look at Tragedy.

Order to Charge requires a Normal monster on the field, and it's a 2-for-1.

Michizure 1-for-1s when you get -1ed (it's practically a 2-for-1).

Tragedy 1-for-1+ after you -1, so it's a 2-for-1+. This already automatically makes it at least on par with Order to Charge / Michizure.

You also don't sacrifice any field presence. Kuriboh stays in hand anyway, and Enemy Controller is just an S/T already meant to protect your monster anyway.

I don't think I have to talk about Tragedy+Windstorm.

It might not work in every deck, but as long as you play 4+ position changers you might want to seriously consider playing Tragedy. It's arguably a better Order to Charge.

Edited by the4got10-1

I kind of started the Flash Assailant hype on dgz so I may as well comment:

I played 1-2 Flash Assailant in Dino with the logic being 'if it's not live you already have a Dino in your hand meaning you don't care, but if you don't have a Dino in your hand it's good'. I did cut it eventually, with the reason being everyone played 4-Starreds or Parasite burn so I'd prefer a monster line-up of: 1 Grasshopper, 3 Element Saurus, 6 Normal Dino's for Order to Charge. Not because Flash was bad or anything: although sometimes you're S/T clogged which kind of sucks.

Walking into Mirror Walls is definitely optimal since it's a 1 for 1 trade, but if they don't have it it's a +1, so it's always positive, and waiting for Trap Jammers isn't optimal at all 9 out of 10 times.

Haven't seen any Flash Assailant - Sergeant Electro deck so can't comment, other than saying that both are good cards.

Flash in GK because it gains the 200 ATK/DEF boost from Yami, meaning even with 1 card in hand it's 1800/1800 which is decent. Dino isn't seeing as much play anymore so it's, ironically enough, only bad versus Flash Assailant, which should say enough. Not sure if I like it in GK though, haven't tried GK at all since I'm still trying to get the cards.

Tragedy is bad because Enemy Controller and Windstorm are already good enough on their own - Order to Charge isn't optimal but solves Mask of the Accursed, Oracle'd monsters, and in general you only use it when your monster would die anyway so it's not 'strictly' a 2 for 1. That said you do have a point and I either love or hate this card, mostly because it makes you have to play more normals than you actually like to begin with. You see the problem with your argument is that Monster + Tragedy is bad, but Monster + Order to Charge is decent, and you play like 8-10 monsters and only 3-4 Enemy Controller/Windstorms. That's the difference. It's also a 3-card combo since you essenially need to open a Monster alongside it as well.

11 minutes ago, vig=scum said:

I kind of started the Flash Assailant hype on dgz so I may as well comment:

I played 1-2 Flash Assailant in Dino with the logic being 'if it's not live you already have a Dino in your hand meaning you don't care, but if you don't have a Dino in your hand it's good'. I did cut it eventually, with the reason being everyone played 4-Starreds or Parasite burn so I'd prefer a monster line-up of: 1 Grasshopper, 3 Element Saurus, 6 Normal Dino's for Order to Charge. Not because Flash was bad or anything: although sometimes you're S/T clogged which kind of sucks.

Walking into Mirror Walls is definitely optimal since it's a 1 for 1 trade, but if they don't have it it's a +1, so it's always positive, and waiting for Trap Jammers isn't optimal at all 9 out of 10 times.

Haven't seen any Flash Assailant - Sergeant Electro deck so can't comment, other than saying that both are good cards.

Flash in GK because it gains the 200 ATK/DEF boost from Yami, meaning even with 1 card in hand it's 1800/1800 which is decent. Dino isn't seeing as much play anymore so it's, ironically enough, only bad versus Flash Assailant, which should say enough. Not sure if I like it in GK though, haven't tried GK at all since I'm still trying to get the cards.

Tragedy is bad because Enemy Controller and Windstorm are already good enough on their own - Order to Charge isn't optimal but solves Mask of the Accursed, Oracle'd monsters, and in general you only use it when your monster would die anyway so it's not 'strictly' a 2 for 1. That said you do have a point and I either love or hate this card, mostly because it makes you have to play more normals than you actually like to begin with. You see the problem with your argument is that Monster + Tragedy is bad, but Monster + Order to Charge is decent, and you play like 8-10 monsters and only 3-4 Enemy Controller/Windstorms. That's the difference. It's also a 3-card combo since you essenially need to open a Monster alongside it as well.

Fair points, I appreciate it.

Posted (edited)

Accidental double post.

Edited by the4got10-1

Just dueled against a wild Ishizu.  Don't have a good farming deck for her, so I just used my regular Mai deck.  Only got 2700, but my rewards were 10 gems and the Harpies' Hunting Ground skill!

9 hours ago, the4got10-1 said:

Now it's being used in some sort of GK deck, which it is obviously carried by Mirror Wall and Recruiter. Like, why Flash Assailant when any random monster works because Mirror Wall exists anyway? Even summoning a GK Priestess can threaten the opponent with an (admittedly non-existent) Oracle.

I wouldn't play Flash Assailant in GK if I actually wanted to win and I had better cards at my disposal. The list I posted above is just for fun. It plays Recruiter and Chief so I can reliably beat 4 Star Lady Bug and everything else just loses to 1800 or 2200 Flash Assailant. 

My issue with Tragedy Windstorm is that it's a 2-card combo and both of those cards you run 1 copy of. There are some times when I go 5+ games without even seeing Windstorm. Why would I add another 1-of that only combos with 1 card in my deck? E-Con Tragedy sounds horrible. If you E-Con a monster it's basically dead anyways, assuming you have a good follow-up. And Tragedy could be a copy of a card that would help you follow up on E-Con easier, instead of some dead ass card that relies on other cards to be viable. 

I truthfully think Tragedy is awful. 

Annoying as it is to lose my entire field to it, I gotta agree with Grimey on the Tragedy combo.  2-card combos are decent in this game, sure, but Tragedy is completely situational and depends entirely Windstorm of Etaqua or other similar cards to be any good.  Any multi-card combo is only really good if those two cards can also function independently.  Windstorm can.  Tragedy cannot.

5 hours ago, Grimey said:

My issue with Tragedy Windstorm is that it's a 2-card combo and both of those cards you run 1 copy of.

You can get 3 Tragedy from card trader, but yeah Windstorm being limited is the real problem.

I wouldn't play more than 1 Tragedy though, because then I have 2 dead cards in my deck instead of just 1. 

Honestly think I might quit this game. My Mai is almost level 34 and I STILL don't have Harpie's Hunting Ground. That's literally all I want. I just want the fucking ability but it's the only fucking one I don't have.

I spent all of yesterday farming level 30 Mako and level 30 Weevil (probably about 600 keys spent on each), and I received Flight of the Harpies a total of 4 fucking times. Not to mention all of the other non-exclusive dumb as fuck abilities I received like Low Level Draw and Restart. If I see another 15 Gems pop up out of a rainbow box I swear to god I'll throw my phone across the room. This aspect of the game is ridiculously stupid. 

34 minutes ago, Grimey said:

Honestly think I might quit this game. My Mai is almost level 34 and I STILL don't have Harpie's Hunting Ground. That's literally all I want. I just want the fucking ability but it's the only fucking one I don't have.

I spent all of yesterday farming level 30 Mako and level 30 Weevil (probably about 600 keys spent on each), and I received Flight of the Harpies a total of 4 fucking times. Not to mention all of the other non-exclusive dumb as fuck abilities I received like Low Level Draw and Restart. If I see another 15 Gems pop up out of a rainbow box I swear to god I'll throw my phone across the room. This aspect of the game is ridiculously stupid. 

why do you even want the harpie skill so badly? it's not that good. Just play a different deck and be less frustrated.