JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

1933 posts in this topic

Over 3000 damage (500)

Over 5000 damage (1800)

Over 9999 damage (3000)

Hitting big damage is how you can most effectively farm the Legendary Duelists

Examples of cards that can let you do this are Piercing Moray+Jam Breeding Machine, Guardian Baou, and, most commonly, Cerberus.

The goal is you win (2000), deal 10000 damage (3000), have no cards in deck (500), and some combination of glossy cards and other various bonuses to exceed the 6000 acore mark.

My initial gut is that deck out loses because every sphere kuriboh, econ, equata, etc is a -1 and eventually offence gains cards to win or draws into a combo to push (eg deadalus)

Somewhat related, Weevil is a popular take on Stall, and it wins via burn. His skill can put Parasite Paracide into the opponent's deck, turning Jade Insect Whistle into "opponent skips next draw phase and takes 1000 damage." Combined with Piercing monsters such as the Panda, and other battle stoppers such as Mask of the Accursed, the deck aims to slow down the opponent while inflicting steady damage.

On 1/24/2017 at 4:18 AM, JC. said:

Here's is a basic (probably not optimized) template for what's considered the 'best' deck:

Dino Beatdown (Rex Raptor; Skill puts Jurassic World into play at the start of the duel)

3 Two-Headed King Rex

3 Crawling Dragon #2

3 Jerry Beans Man

3 Order to Charge

3 Reinforcements

2 Twister

2 Michizure

1 Shard of Greed

30 card deck, 3-offs of:
Mask of the Accursed, Balloons, 4-Starred Ladybug of Doom, Mirror Wall, Windstorm of Etaqua, any monster with high ATK/DEF, etc. Can win through beatdown, burn or stall. Yes it's semi-impossible to get all the cards, a pain to play with/against, and every obscure deck probably mains some kind of outs to it so it probably won't work atm. But realistically, against top tier decks such as the one mentioned in OP, I don't think they have any outs and it may even be insta-win against it. 

I'm looking to playtest something, anyone interested in doing a few duels sometime? I can hop on discord for vc. 

My duel links fc is 924-717-903

Got done training Joey, moved back to Kaiba.  Can now confirm that "Over 5000 Damage!" bonus is 1800 points.

EDIT: One more tidbit, it is NOT possible to get both "Over 3K" and "Over 5K" from the same duel.  Just tried it.  Direct attack with 3200 ATK "Crimson Sunbird" (Mountain, Banner, Gravity Axe), and finished the duel with 5400 BEUD (Same boosts).  Over 3K bonus was not present, but Over 5K was.

Edited by Starlight Warrior

WWell this is going to be a free tournament that a Youtuber Jurrasic Impact is hosting and is starting 3/27/17.  If anyone is interested here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/duellinks.gl/permalink/751148901718835/?comment_id=762733240560401&notif_t=group_comment_reply&notif_id=1485886927436909

The rules are

-Failing to show up, deck out, or disconnect will result in a loss. 

-You can only use Kaiba or Yami Yugi

-Must be subscribed to Jurassic Impact

-Only 200 hundred can be signed up

-Only 2 of any card allowed, that means you cannot use 3 of any card in your deck.

Anyway for this tournament I am thinking about building Gravekeepers (Though they will be a pain to farm, cost a lot of gold, and you can't three recruiters. ,Bazoo Balloons( Abit to expensive and will require a lot of gold), or Dragon Beatdown with Peak Performance.

For a Gravekeeper deck I am thinking of using for this for the tournament and theoretically the best deck with these type of restrictions. Due to a few reasons

Pros

-Oracle is a one tribute beatstick that starts off with with 2300 or more attack and having the additional ability of destroying back row (if you tributes 2 monsters) or making the OP's monsters lose 2000 atk/def (if you tribute 3 monsters).

-Can Swarm the field and end games quick with Chief

Cons

-Wonder Balloons can hurt this deck

-GK's having low attack when Yami or Priestess is not on the field

Yami Yugi

Skill:Power Of Dark

Monsters:9

1x Assailant

1x Chief 

1x Spearsoldier

2x Oracle 

2x Recruiter 

2x Priestess 

Spells:6

2x Enemy Controller (Is a very good defensive card and 2nd effect can be used for a free search) 

1x Gravekeeper's Stele (Might take out)

1x Riryoku 

1x Twister

1x Wonder Balloons (thinking about adding a second one) 

Traps:11

1x Magician's Circle

1x Metalmorph 

1x Mirror Wall 

1x Regretful Rebirth (Has good chemistry with Recruiter and probably should second one)

1x Windstorm Of Etaqua

Thoughts,Changes, or what deck do you think I should bring? 

Edited by Inti

Okay, so, here's my current Kaiba deck that I'm using against Pegasus LV.40.  Still working on my card collection, so I think this might be the best I can do right now.  It's a bit slow to start at times, but against most AI decks, that's not much of a problem.  Once I can get out my heavy hitters, I can usually keep my opponent off balance until I get my end game set up.  I like to finish it with a direct attack from BEUD powered up over 5K attack, with 0 cards in my deck if at all possible.  More bonus points that way.

Skill: Peak Performance ("Mountain" activated at beginning of Duel)

Monsters: 10

1x Element Dragon

1x Goddess with the Third Eye

1x Mystical Sheep #2

2x Blue-Eyes White Dragon

3x Skull Red Bird

2x Faith Bird

Spells: 9

2x Shard of Greed

2x Gravity Axe - Grarl

2x Polymerization

1x Banner of Courage

2x De-Spell

Traps: 1

1x Common Charity

Extra Deck: 3

2x Crimson Sunbird

1x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

3 hours ago, JC. said:

I'm looking to playtest something, anyone interested in doing a few duels sometime? I can hop on discord for vc. 

My duel links fc is 924-717-903

I just added you and my discord is Inti #0015.

The only way to lose against Pegasus is when he randomly SS's BETD + Toon Summoned Skull and directly attacks for game, so my strategy against it is attack blockers / stuff to put his shit to defense so I can attack over it. Other than that he's easy as shit to beat. 

I mean I can't remember if he plays BETD exactly, but I'm talking the 2500+ atk beaters since he can attack directly with them, also Goblin Elite Toon Force with 2300 atk although that one puts itself in defense after attacking, but you can die if you don't have ways to block the attacks. 

For anyone who doesn't know what deck to play.... Merchant Bazoo is love, Merchant Bazoo is live. Seriously what more do you want out of a deck? It's already good and I still don't even have good S/T's.

Think I should run the one Sphere Kuriboh that I have then?  It's kinda all I got, short of Enchanted Javelins.

Just now, Starlight Warrior said:

Think I should run the one Sphere Kuriboh that I have then?  It's kinda all I got, short of Enchanted Javelins.

Yes I think it is a staple in any deck unless you run 2-3 enemy controllers.

13 minutes ago, Inti said:

Yes I think it is a staple in any deck unless you run 2-3 enemy controllers.

Well, still mostly just dealing with Pegasus.  But I'm guessing your advice will be the same anyway.  Right-o, in it goes.  Think I can drop a De-Spell for this?

1 minute ago, Starlight Warrior said:

Well, still mostly just dealing with Pegasus.  But I'm guessing your advice will be the same anyway.  Right-o, in it goes.  Think I can drop a De-Spell for this?

Nah you are going to need 2x twister/De-Spell to deal with Toon World. Other wise if not facing Pegasus then drop it.

Just now, Inti said:

Nah you are going to need 2x twister/De-Spell to deal with Toon World. Other wise if not facing Pegasus then drop it.

Hm.  Maybe a Faith Bird or a Skull Red Bird then?

11 minutes ago, Starlight Warrior said:

Hm.  Maybe a Faith Bird or a Skull Red Bird then?

Yeah I would say take out faith and I am curious what has everybody been using against lv 40 Pegasus?

So far I been really successful with this

Bandit Keith

Skill:Switcheroo

Monsters:11

2x Blue-Eyes White Dragon 

3x Kazejin

3x Light Effigy 

3x Whirlwind Prodigy

Spells:6

1x Enemy Controller (Might replace with Twister)

3x Celestial Transformation

2x Stray Lambs 

Traps:3

3x Overwhelm 

Its a basic tribute beatdown deck that can end games quickly due to Prodigy and Effigy being fairy monsters that be special summoned from the hand using Celestial  Transformation and Overwhelm counters all the annoying cards that hurt a deck like this.

Edited by Inti

9 minutes ago, Inti said:

Its a basic tribute beatdown deck that can end games quickly due to Prodigy and Effigy being fairy monsters that be special summoned from the hand using Celestial  Transformation and Overwhelm counters all the annoying cards that hurt a deck like this.

1 cerberus

2 riryoku

1 pendant

2 shar of greed

1 garl

1 twister

1 de spell

1 timidity

1 field spell

1 block attack

3 revolution

3 blue medicine

1 curry

3 javelin ( no berries )

I think that i need to add another(s) twister/de spell/reload to deal the rng of pegasus and gobling attack force

1 minute ago, wduartes said:

1 cerberus

2 riryoku

1 pendant

2 shar of greed

1 garl

1 twister

1 de spell

1 timidity

1 field spell

1 block attack

3 revolution

3 blue medicine

1 curry

3 javelin ( no berries )

I think that i need to add another(s) twister/de spell/reload to deal the rng of pegasus and gobling attack force

I tried the Cerberus route and the only problem with it I had is even once you popper Toon World he can just summon Goblin or Elf without Toon World then attack directly with them after waiting a turn.

here is what i am using for pegasus

6 clowns

1 blade rabbit

1 dark magician girl

1 high tide gyojin (glossy)

1 whale fortress

1 whale fortress oath

2 shard of greed

2 earthquake

1 desert sunlight or w/e it's called

1 windstorm of equata

1 polymerization

1 riryoku

extra deck: bickuribox

14 minutes ago, JC. said:

here is what i am using for pegasus

6 clowns

1 blade rabbit

1 dark magician girl

1 high tide gyojin (glossy)

1 whale fortress

1 whale fortress oath

2 shard of greed

2 earthquake

1 desert sunlight or w/e it's called

1 windstorm of equata

1 polymerization

1 riryoku

extra deck: bickuribox

I would use this deck if only I had 1-2x Dessert Sunlight.

7 hours ago, Inti said:

I tried the Cerberus route and the only problem with it I had is even once you popper Toon World he can just summon Goblin or Elf without Toon World then attack directly with them after waiting a turn.

ahm, once i kill toon world and summon cerberus with 2 or 3 counter, it just star t summon all in DEF. IDK if its in the AI, or im just lucky

11 hours ago, mark said:

For anyone who doesn't know what deck to play.... Merchant Bazoo is love, Merchant Bazoo is live. Seriously what more do you want out of a deck? It's already good and I still don't even have good S/T's.

Sounds fun, what's your build? I'm farming gold for my third bazoo

29 minutes ago, Brosi said:

Sounds fun, what's your build? I'm farming gold for my third bazoo

I mentioned by build, got a few more cards now. But ideally I think you'd want to aim for something like this:

3 Merchant
3 Bazoo 
3 Sphere Kuriboh
3 Needlefish Sunshine

This is the key engine. You'd want to set Merchant T1 to mill stuff, you want to keep your S/T count low so Sphere Kuriboh helps with that, and Needlefish is a decent draw, a good mill, and good vs the water match-up because of the ATK boost, Bazoo is good late game.

3 Random good monster ( Naturia Strawberry / Flash Assailant / Twin-Barrell / Rai-Mei ). What I like about Naturia Strawberry/Rai-Mei here is that they're good 'early game', but a lot of it depends on your other choices, such as I find Rai-Mei to have a nice synergy with Balloons ).

2 Balloons (If you expect much Twister, you can play Windstorm of Etaqua/E-Con instead)
3 Mirror Wall

Maybe a few more cards isn't terrible if deck-out becomes a problem, but this is what I'd consider a good build atm. Balloons might warrant a 3rd copy as well, although it loses hard to Twister. 

That may even be high on S/T now that I think about it (Considering Merchant and Sphere Kuriboh are practically S/T's as well), so you may want to cut 1/2 S/T's and add 1 or 2 more 'beatstick' monsters. 

The more you mill with Merchant the better.