• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

1085 posts in this topic

Okay, previous decklist, slightly updated, and with additional clarifications.  If played correctly, I can get 6300 bonus points out of this thing.  With the 18x multiplier from Pegasus LV40, that's a hell of a lot.

Skill: Peak Performance ("Mountain" activated at beginning of Duel)

Monsters: 10

1x Element Dragon

1x Goddess with the Third Eye

1x Mystical Sheep #2

1x Sphere Kuriboh

2x Blue-Eyes White Dragon (1 glossy)

3x Skull Red Bird

1x Faith Bird (glossy)

Spells: 9

2x Shard of Greed

2x Gravity Axe - Grarl

2x Polymerization

1x Banner of Courage

2x De-Spell (Replace with Jar of Greed for non-Pegasus NPCs)

Traps: 1

1x Common Charity

Extra Deck: 3

2x Crimson Sunbird

1x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

As I said, I can get 6300 points out of this.  Here's what I get.

Duel Victory: 2000

No Damage: 500

Cards on the Brink: 500 (won with no cards remaining in deck)

Played Glossy Card: 200 (100 per card)

Over 5000 Damage!: 1800

Destroyed 10 monsters: 300

Activated Spell: 100

Activated Trap: 100

Performed Special Summon: 100

Performed Tribute Summon: 300

Performed Fusion Summon: 400

Basically, just make sure you Normal Summon the two glossies in the deck, one of which is a Blue-Eyes, which nets you the Tribute Summon bonus, and Fusion Summon both BEUD and Crimson Sunbird afterward.  Keep your opponent off balance until your deck runs out, then hit them hard with BEUD while it has more than 5000 ATK.  At least one Gravity Axe is required, along with either a second, the Field Spell, or Banner.  It's difficult to pull this off against Pegasus, I admit, but SO worth it if you can.  113,400 event points is nothing to sneeze at.

Okay, previous decklist, slightly updated, and with additional clarifications.  If played correctly, I can get 6300 bonus points out of this thing.  With the 18x multiplier from Pegasus LV40, that's a hell of a lot.

Skill: Peak Performance ("Mountain" activated at beginning of Duel)

Monsters: 10

1x Element Dragon

1x Goddess with the Third Eye

1x Mystical Sheep #2

1x Sphere Kuriboh

2x Blue-Eyes White Dragon (1 glossy)

3x Skull Red Bird

1x Faith Bird (glossy)

Spells: 9

2x Shard of Greed

2x Gravity Axe - Grarl

2x Polymerization

1x Banner of Courage

2x De-Spell (Replace with Jar of Greed for non-Pegasus NPCs)

Traps: 1

1x Common Charity

Extra Deck: 3

2x Crimson Sunbird

1x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

As I said, I can get 6300 points out of this.  Here's what I get.

Duel Victory: 2000

No Damage: 500

Cards on the Brink: 500 (won with no cards remaining in deck)

Played Glossy Card: 200 (100 per card)

Over 5000 Damage!: 1800

Destroyed 10 monsters: 300

Activated Spell: 100

Activated Trap: 100

Performed Special Summon: 100

Performed Tribute Summon: 300

Performed Fusion Summon: 400

Basically, just make sure you Normal Summon the two glossies in the deck, one of which is a Blue-Eyes, which nets you the Tribute Summon bonus, and Fusion Summon both BEUD and Crimson Sunbird afterward.  Keep your opponent off balance until your deck runs out, then hit them hard with BEUD while it has more than 5000 ATK.  At least one Gravity Axe is required, along with either a second, the Field Spell, or Banner.  It's difficult to pull this off against Pegasus, I admit, but SO worth it if you can.  113,400 event points is nothing to sneeze at.

why do you even grind pegasus? just hit 350k in the event, take relinquished and you're done right?

Did that yesterday.  Now I want to see if I can get 2m before the event is done.  Personal challenge at this point.

9 minutes ago, The_Be(a)sT said:

why do you even grind pegasus? just hit 350k in the event, take relinquished and you're done right?

- you can get SR Jewels, UR Jewels, and gold the further you go. I find UR jewels hard to come by.

- some people probably want the cosmetics (mat/sleeves/icon)

- you are getting the star chips regardless, so pegasus is an essentially free farming method (doesn't take your gate keys) for Skill drops (e.g. Hunting Ground on Mai)

If your opponent summons a monster, sets a backrow and end.
What's your guys standard play here? If you summon a monster and attack over it you lose to Mirror Wall, and you'll get OTK'd next turn or put under 1000 LP. Having Sphere Kuriboh, E-con makes it slightly less worse (Mirror Wall on an open field is a waste, so I won't call that 'good' here), but not attacking over it out of fear for Mirror Wall seems like a waste. Solutions to this problem? 4-Star Lady Bug somewhat solves this, Magical Merchant means you'll eat an attack but at least you'll have a battle S/T next turn + it absorbed one attack, and your Bazoo's are ready. I mean, I'm not overreacting when I say Mirror Wall is the most dangerous card in the entire format, am I? This especially makes me like any battle S/T that requires you to have a monster on the field (except Mirror Wall, ironically) less, and cards such as Order of Change/Mizuchi seem bad from this perspective. I guess the solution is to just play enough E-con/Sphere Kurboh/Windstorm of Etaqua, especially the latter. Balloons also entirely solves this problem, although that loses to Twister especially when you discard 3 on an open field and end.

depends on the deck (i play against a lot of keiths which are much less likely to otk you)

i usually just go in though tbh, "make them have it"

if i have my own traps i can wait a turn for a second monster though, that's fine

your best play is probably setting merchant, i agree

here's the deck i hit kog with:

WjhnrVt.jpg

so i could do something out of:

- play riryoku to avoid dealing with a potential mirror wall

- summon deadalus and wipe the field (bad v dino)

- summon a monster and set my own trap

- stray lambs -> suijin

- ram needle sunfish into whatever it is because if it dies i still get an effect off

- summon angler in attack mode and bluff a trap

Just hit platinum one. How much is there from here to kog? 

platinum 1 -> platinum 2 (3 duel win streak)

platinum 2 -> platinum 3 (3 duel win streak)

platinum 3 -> king of games (5 duel win streak)

due to an exploit, there are still people that shouldn't be here in these ranks. you'll sometimes go against 30 card keith or yugi or whatever, but the general difference is now that the 30 cards are all actually at least decent, rather than random mishmashes.

as with the other ranks, if you can make it to platinum 2, you can make it to king of games, because matchmaking can put you with anyone in the same tier as you

I'm not too afraid of my opponents given how they play. 9/10 times when I lose it's due to them having a power card (Mirror Wall etc.) that completely blows me out of the game. 

When do rankings get reset? Do they even get reset on a consistent basis or can they get reset out of nowhere?

Current list:

(Fuck me I still don't have traps)

Kaiba-Mountain (could be anything at this point)

1 Twin-Barrel Dragon
1 Sphere Kuriboh
3 Bazoo

1 Flash Assailant
1 Needle Sunfish

2 Dweller in the Depths
1 4-Starred Ladybug of Doom
1 Naturia Strawberry
1 Rai-Mei
3 Magical Merchant
1 Guardian of the Throne Room

1 Riryoku
1 Wonder Balloons
1 Shard of Greed
2 Gravity Axe - Grarl
1 De-Spell

22-cards to not deck-out

Pretty much a pile of trash with some jewels in it. I do have 1 Order of Change, 1 Cyber-Stein (but no good fusions), 1 Suijn, 1 Sanga, but I sold the double tribute monsters. My reasoning was something like, against bad opponents you should always win, while good opponents should always be playing a lot of removal, making the 'combo-decks' (using 2-3 cards to put a big monster on the field) bad. Idk if that theory holds because it depends on the opponents but so far I think it does.

2 hours ago, mark said:

I'm not too afraid of my opponents given how they play. 9/10 times when I lose it's due to them having a power card (Mirror Wall etc.) that completely blows me out of the game. 

I reached it KOG yesterday and for me it was super easy it was manly a lot of 30 card Yugi decks, a few Mako decks, and other random stuff that I can't believe made to Platinum.  

2 hours ago, mark said:

What's your guys standard play here? If you summon a monster and attack over it you lose to Mirror Wall, and you'll get OTK'd next turn or put under 1000 LP. Having Sphere Kuriboh, E-con makes it slightly less worse (Mirror Wall on an open field is a waste, so I won't call that 'good' here), but not attacking over it out of fear for Mirror Wall seems like a waste. Solutions to this problem? 4-Star Lady Bug somewhat solves this, Magical Merchant means you'll eat an attack but at least you'll have a battle S/T next turn + it absorbed one attack, and your Bazoo's are ready. I mean, I'm not overreacting when I say Mirror Wall is the most dangerous card in the entire format, am I? This especially makes me like any battle S/T that requires you to have a monster on the field (except Mirror Wall, ironically) less, and cards such as Order of Change/Mizuchi seem bad from this perspective. I guess the solution is to just play enough E-con/Sphere Kurboh/Windstorm of Etaqua, especially the latter. Balloons also entirely solves this problem, although that loses to Twister especially when you discard 3 on an open field and end.

Obviously depends on the cards you have, what your deck is and what you think the opponent's going to be doing based on what character they are.  As Rex vs Rex for example you're pretty sure they're going to summon another Dino so something like setting a Ladybug is really strong.  The payoff for attacking is probably just a trade anyways.  Against Mako Ladybug probably isn't as good, and if their face-up is an Angler I might just figure I have to go for it.  Also depends on if I have a good answer for a potential tribute monster.

So far I've just been summoning and attacking.  The card pool is relatively limited for most players given how long they've been playing the game and I haven't really been punished for doing so yet.  Perhaps down the road when more players have multiple ultras that punish you for making this move I'll hold back.  I also have 2 Riryoku so sometimes I'll pop one turn 1 if I think I need to play around battle modifiers.

I've only got to Gold 5 so far but I only lost 1 game.  We'll see if things get more difficult as I advance.

Farming Pegasus seems worth it for the jewels, gems and gold.  I don't waste my time maximizing chests with him though.  I just take my Rex deck and win in 2 turns and get 54000 exp.  At this rate I should be able to finish the whole event with a minimal time investment without having to worry about getting RNG screwed.

Still grinding Pegasus.  Decided to throw in my two copies of Mask of the Accursed as a way to stop Toon Summoned Skull.  Worked like a charm!

Still grinding Pegasus.  Decided to throw in my two copies of Mask of the Accursed as a way to stop Toon Summoned Skull.  Worked like a charm!

4 hours ago, mark said:

Was playing rex vs yugi and the guy went first, had yami up, summoned a 1500 attack spellcaster, set 1 passed. I had element saurus, shard, trap jammer, windstorm, sphere kuriboh (no econ) and I summon element saurus set the traps and played shard and passed. In the end, I won easily (his set turned out to be javelin but whatever it was I could have jammered it and he didnt have another backrow the rest of the game)

I assume if your trap jammer was another monster the effect would've been almost the same, but I can think of a lot more scenarios in which the monster is better and the trap jammer is dead. Not to discredit it, but between Trap Jammer/Twister/etc, I don't know if all these cards should be played just to deal with specific outs, but of these Twister seems to be the best pick (never dead because it deals with field spells, deals with any continuous S/T although somewhat less on Mirror Wall but can still work if you have 2 monsters and want to make a push through, also dealing with Mask/Balloons is very real). Are there even any relevant dangerous traps outside of Mirror Wall? Switching all opponent's monsters to def is also a possibility, but idk if that nets any advantage all things considered.

I also run 2 twisters. Trap Jammer isn't better than twister, but with my card pool it is still a good card imo. Helped me in many game states where winstorm or mirror wall could have been complete blowouts. (They didn't necessarily have those cards but still without it I would have played more passively and perhaps they could have gained an edge over me in some way.)

Platinum 3 atm, went X-2 from gold 2 today with a rex deck but platinum 3 to KoG proves to be difficult.

does anybody knows how "Balance" (Mako) skill works.

for example, if i have 1 monster and 19 spells, do i always start with that monster?

unfortunately, no. it only works with increments of 5.

fortunately, balance is far and beyond the best skill in the game anyway

On 2/1/2017 at 2:00 PM, Conspire said:

Talking about running a mill deck against scrubs who bring 30 card decks reminds me of when a guy I knew brought Empty Jar to a regionals and first round played some kid with no sleeves and like 100 cards in his deck.

Reveal hidden contents

I've almost got all my Dinos just missed the third Crawling.  I've only been cracking the first set as I'm still waiting for 2nd Shard and 2nd Charge.  Will move on to the next set once I get those as I have everything else I'd want.

I definitely plan on exploring some sort of advantage-based deck over the simple beatdown/combo variants out there right now.  Bubonic Vermin seems like it could be pretty good in such a deck.

Pro-tip for anyone who's made it to stage 33 and is facing the "flips for real" and "magical hats" decks.  If you literally do nothing they will never put a monster in attack mode and you can win by decking them out.  I just make a 22 card spell deck and put it on auto play.  You'll get like 4-5 rewards too.

It works against the flip player though against the Hat duelist not really since they just use wild tornado on their trap that summons a token and spam attack me with it. I might try using the only 22 spell deck without the auto when facing it.

New set just came out and 500 courtesy gems.

In my opinion the relevant cards are:

Tyrant Dragon (still dies to Mirror Wall)

Sergeant Electro

Gaia Soul

Agent Venus

Golden Apples

Possessed Dark Soul (vs Dwellers and Beans Men)

Flame Spirit Ignis (Merchant burn or something?)

Tbh I'm only interested in Sergeant and Apples so I'm probably spending my free gems on ultimate rising since I have half a box left with kuriboh, 2 twister and 2 balloons. Also keep in mind the set is gonna be rotated out soon.

Also thanks for the list @mark, have you tried dichotomy on it? I think it is too slow for general speed dueling, but Merchant could make it live as it did with avarice back in the day.

Edited by Brosi

Well the Flame Tyrant set came out today and 500 free gems. The set is okay and the only good cards in the set are

SRs

Legion The Fiend Jester (makes DM decks better)

Sergeant Electro (Good with Mind Scan)

The Golden Apples (Best Heal card and can turn games around)

Rares

Pinch Hopper (Hopefully Insects get better monsters)

Possessed Dark Soul 

Warrior Dai Grapher (1700 beater that is not Axe Raider)

Commons

Dark Effigy (Good for DM decks)

Twin Headed Flame Dragon (the only one tribute monsters that is not a rare or higher)

Did anyone buy this set ? I spent my 500 on Neo Impact to get Dessert Sunlight and Regretful Rebirth which I got.

The only card I want from this set is Golden Apples.

Edited by Inti

Interesting, I don't see Gamil among the cards in my box. My SR are:

Sergeant

Gaia Soul

Emissary of the Afterlife

Legion

Warm Worm (mill card)

Agent Venus 

Shallow Grave 

Golden Apples

Resetting the box doesn't change anything :s

Btw pulled kuriboh out of the gems! Is twister worth enough to keep opening ultimate rising? Neo impact still owes me Mirror Wall, but is the only card I want from that set and getting gems is getting harder :/

Off topic, don't trade for Airknight Parshath, it's still too slow to pay off, win-more at best. It's better to wait until some grave recovery comes out. Also with all the Yami Yugis it ends up at 1700 Atk most of the time.

Edited by Brosi