Gaia Soul

Emissary of the Afterlife

Legion

Warm Worm (mill card)

Agent Venus 

Shallow Grave 

Golden Apples

Resetting the box doesn't change anything :s

Oh whoops my bad I based it off this older leaked list that was obviously not 100% accurate 

http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/z7ws3g84

Yeah I would Twister is worth getting unless you have one already.

Edited by Inti

Started playing today and just hit stage 9. Is getting gems really this slow or am I missing something? I'm doing every mission possible and I already did all of the training things too

11 hours ago, bringer of death said:

I also run 2 twisters. Trap Jammer isn't better than twister, but with my card pool it is still a good card imo. Helped me in many game states where winstorm or mirror wall could have been complete blowouts. (They didn't necessarily have those cards but still without it I would have played more passively and perhaps they could have gained an edge over me in some way.)

Platinum 3 atm, went X-2 from gold 2 today with a rex deck but platinum 3 to KoG proves to be difficult.

Opinion on the semi-Breaker of the Magical Warrior that just got released? (Sergeant Electro, 1600 atk) It's eff is once per turn, so as long as it remains on the field, you can out their entire backrow. You either accomplish this by defending it with S/T's yourself, or by summoning 2 so if one dies the other still covers all. Machine though kind of sucks against Umi. 

6 hours ago, Brosi said:

Also thanks for the list @mark, have you tried dichotomy on it? I think it is too slow for general speed dueling, but Merchant could make it live as it did with avarice back in the day.

I considered it (Could've bougt a copy at the card trader) but honestly I don't want to clog up my deck with bad S/T's and you're literally going to draw into more Merchant/more monsters which you don't want at that point. There's also the chance you don't hit 3 different type monsters either, and losing the battle phase sucks.

5 hours ago, Brosi said:

Resetting the box doesn't change anything :s

Btw pulled kuriboh out of the gems! Is twister worth enough to keep opening ultimate rising? Neo impact still owes me Mirror Wall, but is the only card I want from that set and getting gems is getting harder :/

Off topic, don't trade for Airknight Parshath, it's still too slow to pay off, win-more at best. It's better to wait until some grave recovery comes out. Also with all the Yami Yugis it ends up at 1700 Atk most of the time.

Resetting box should work right?

I decided to grind the box for only Mirror Wall because my deck is already decent, so I'd rather have Mirror Wall which is always going to make the deck, rather than Twister/Balloons/all the good cards from the first set which compete which each other but they aren't really as good. 

Airknight definitely sucks ass, what are you trying to draw into without MP2, Sphere Kuriboh? Also LV4 monsters have or can hit 2000 ATK so it loses hard against a lot of cards.

I don't think the new box is very good. I can see Insects and Spellcasters getting a boost. The fire cards are meh. 

Used my gems on Ult Rising and got 3 SRs and 1 UR. 2 of the SRs were Shards of Greed. I'm gonna say worth 

I don't think the new box is very good. I can see Insects and Spellcasters getting a boost. The fire cards are meh. 

Used my gems on Ult Rising and got 3 SRs and 1 UR. 2 of the SRs were Shards of Greed. I'm gonna say worth 

5 hours ago, Grimey said:

Started playing today and just hit stage 9. Is getting gems really this slow or am I missing something? I'm doing every mission possible and I already did all of the training things too

It's slow, you basically got to play everyday for the bonuses etc. 

Has anyone had any success farming Ishizu Lv 40? I tried using the Cerberus deck but it does not work against her due to Assailant with Necrovalley can run over my Cerberus and even if I pop Necrovalley she has Priestess which acts as Necrovalley as long as she is on the field. The only way I could maybe see Cerberus or other farming decks  working against Ishizu lv 40 is by using 3x Wonder Balloons and 2-3x Enemy Controller.

5 hours ago, Inti said:

Has anyone had any success farming Ishizu Lv 40? I tried using the Cerberus deck but it does not work against her due to Assailant with Necrovalley can run over my Cerberus and even if I pop Necrovalley she has Priestess which acts as Necrovalley as long as she is on the field. The only way I could maybe see Cerberus or other farming decks  working against Ishizu lv 40 is by using 3x Wonder Balloons and 2-3x Enemy Controller.

Did you tried with cat(cat ear tribe, cat wins with effect damage when you have 0 cards in deck)?

9 minutes ago, wduartes said:

Did you tried with cat(cat ear tribe, cat wins with effect damage when you have 0 cards in deck)?

Once a while ago and it failed due to Ishizu always attacking the Cat when Necrovalley or Priestess was on the field. Though maybe Wonder Balloons would have helped and I might try it again. 

Edited by Inti

I forgot about the Necrovalley bonus, lol.

2 minutes ago, wduartes said:

I forgot about the Necrovalley bonus, lol.

Yup and even if you blow up her three Necrovalleys she has Priestess which acts like a Necrovalley while on the field and gives her monsters a 200 atk boost.

thoughts on Venus? in speed duel the 500LP cost is a bit more relevant but it free tribute fodder/wall.

How much Shining Balls do you plan on playing / what are you going to do when you draw them? If you want tribute fodder, is it really better than Twin-Headed / Bubonic Vermin? Idk maybe Venus is good, and the LP isn't my biggest concern, drawing the Shining Balls is. What'd be the best ratio - 3 Venus 2 Shining Ball? 

7 minutes ago, JC. said:

thoughts on Venus? in speed duel the 500LP cost is a bit more relevant but it free tribute fodder/wall.

True it can used very easily in a tribute based deck and the only con would be having to use three lv 2 vanilla which switcheroo helps out with. Outside of that its one of the strongest low level fairy monsters and makes decks like this better http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/eygwidrn

1 hour ago, mark said:

How much Shining Balls do you plan on playing / what are you going to do when you draw them? If you want tribute fodder, is it really better than Twin-Headed / Bubonic Vermin? Idk maybe Venus is good, and the LP isn't my biggest concern, drawing the Shining Balls is. What'd be the best ratio - 3 Venus 2 Shining Ball? 

I personally think 2 Shine Balls is the perfect number since you can only play 3 monsters on the field  and if you draw them without Venus the only thing you can do is use Bandit Keith's Switcheroo skilll, restart skill or reload which are your only hand reshuffle options. It is better then Vermin or Twin Headed in my opinion due to you being able to activate it turn one and guarantees a tribute for a Lv 7. or higher monster. I might test this card if I get the chance in Blue-Eyes/Kazejin beatdown deck I posted earlier. 

Edited by Inti

3 venus 2 shine ball, use switcheroo to throw balls back into the deck

Venus can go in fae deck with freya and court of justice etc.

Shine ball also can be used for cards in the sky so maybe you can get away with 3

It may be neat, but at the same time, Bubonic Vermin also guarantees 2-tribute summons. It depends on how much you value the body of Venus I think, and if you're willing to use the skill for it as well. I don't really know what 'can't use it on your turn' means though, because you can't normal summon the same turn you use Venus - so why is that relevant? Yes it can attack the turn you summon it if that's what you mean. Also think it's better going 1st than going 2nd probably. 

5 minutes ago, JC. said:

Venus can go in fae deck with freya and court of justice etc.

Shine ball also can be used for cards in the sky so maybe you can get away with 3

There's some interaction with Order to Charge as well if you play that.

On 2/1/2017 at 9:22 PM, JC. said:

Somewhat related, Weevil is a popular take on Stall, and it wins via burn. His skill can put Parasite Paracide into the opponent's deck, turning Jade Insect Whistle into "opponent skips next draw phase and takes 1000 damage." Combined with Piercing monsters such as the Panda, and other battle stoppers such as Mask of the Accursed, the deck aims to slow down the opponent while inflicting steady damage.

Opponent on platinum just tried this bullshit against me. Merchant is an insect. OUTPLAYED.

I just got booted from the game because too many people are playing right now? What kind of shit? 

14 minutes ago, Grimey said:

I just got booted from the game because too many people are playing right now? What kind of shit? 

Yeah the game does have server problems and it was much worse before.

Is there a fast way to level up that I'm not aware of? I have Mai and Yugi both level 15 and it feels like it'll take forever to get to level 25 for Mai..