1588 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Starlight Warrior said:

I blame SilverDude.

Shut up Cuck

44 minutes ago, mark said:

@Silver

S M A S H ' D 

Cuck

So I have been testing Grimey's Amyrelease Tribute deck for the past couple of days with things I like going for the deck in the future. 
These are the subs I made after a ton of PvP testing and analyzing what works and what doesn't.
-1 Fiend Megacyber
-2 Toy Magician

-2 A Feint Plan

I decided to cut these mainly cause I think this deck should be more focused on going aggro and play a similar style to Soul Control Monarchs back in the classic era of Yu-Gi-Oh.  Fiend Megacyber is really only good if you play against GK's/Harpies but other than those two it kinda just sits in your hand until your falling behind.  Toy Magician's flip summon effect is just too slow to resolve in the current meta even with A feint Plan it felt very painful to resolve.  A Feint Plan + Dust Knight is nuts but outside of that it's purpose is extremely limited in this type of deck.

I added in these

+2 Mefist the Infernal General
+2 Sargeant Electro
+1 Enemy Controller/Security Orb/Mirror Wall (they all serve a similar purpose imo)

I originally tried out 1 Mefist and 1 Airknight but I came to the conclusion that 2 Mefist is just strictly better in almost every sense.  Mefist has higher defense and his effect to disrupt my opponents hand is just too good to ignore in a meta that is based on deploying strategies a turn or two later.  Sargeant Electro is amazing in this deck, easily the best addition in my opinion to this deck as you just sit on it + backrows and then if you have a Amyrelease drop a Mefist you control all aspects of the field and hand.   The extra defense is mainly to protect Sargeant Electro and set up for tribute summon/flip summon. 

Going forward with newer cards added to the pool, this deck will get stronger and stronger.  Amyrelease = Duel Links Treeborn and anything that allows you to take shortcuts is just insane in Duel Links.  I give major props for Grimey for seeing this.

If you play 2 Mefist etc, definitely consider Metalmorph imo 

Posted (edited)

So a OCG trailer has revealed the Paradox Brothers to be the next legendary duelist in DL http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/fokay7k6. Also could mean in the future could be more minor characters and also people think Gate Guardian could be upgraded to a UR now lol.

Edited by Inti

ya this rly happened to me 

all i have so far is this 1 card, and all i want is 1 copy of ishktar 

IMG_2943.PNG.png

grimey is a savage

Yeah my luck with Super Joey has sucked as well. All I gotten from this event are 1-2x copies of all the SRs expect Ishktar like seriously why is Graceful/Skull Dice SR reward cards when you can get those cards easily from regular Joey.

Posted (edited)

Is it just me, or did Super Joey Lvl.40 get stupidly hard all of a sudden?  I was using Union Girl and had two Girls in play, one had both of his monsters paralyzed and the other only had one.  I attack with that Girl, and Joey plays Kunai AND Wind Art on me!  Sends the 2x Paralyzed Girl to my deck and switched the other to DEF.  I lost three turns later.  Since when is the AI this smart?!

EDIT: For the record, I didn't have a choice in attacking.  My LP was low enough that if I just let my girls sit there, Joey could've summoned another monster and taken me out.  The AI has been doing that lately.

Edited by Starlight Warrior

He has always been like that. I've lost to Super Joey more times than I've won. The Unhappy Girl deck is fucking awful but I haven't seen any alternatives so I've been sticking with the 50/50 win rate that shitty deck provides. 

I get hit with 3 Stamping Destruction, Dragon's Gunfire, Spiritual Wind Art, and Kunai with Chain every duel for the record. There's not a single duel where he has not activated all of those cards and penetrated me. Most duels I don't even have enough S/T left to fucking Storm his backrow. 

Is there any potential for Teas surprise gift skill?

Posted (edited)

use it in farm decks to give the AI jam breeding machine and make them unable to summon.

Edited by Nex

He's not giving me anything even if I do win. Best thing I got from him was Surprise, Present! for Tea. 

yea the pull ratios are beyond ridiculous and I blame the hackers for it 

konami sees people always get 8k score -> makes the pull ratios more difficult etc because they assume people always get 8k anyway (not true, in fact, you need to invest gems to get decent farm decks, which I'm not going to do so my farm decks all suck outside of cerebus etc) 

don't have proof for this but I think this is what's happening

thanks @Silver 

1 minute ago, mark said:

yea the pull ratios are beyond ridiculous and I blame the hackers for it 

konami sees people always get 8k score -> makes the pull ratios more difficult etc because they assume people always get 8k anyway (not true, in fact, you need to invest gems to get decent farm decks, which I'm not going to do so my farm decks all suck outside of cerebus etc) 

don't have proof for this but I think this is what's happening

thanks @Silver 

lol wat

its random 

just like youve said before. 

??????????????????????

literally what does that sentence even mean

whatever you get from LDs is random

i mean I was getting no enemy controllers for like a month and a half an all of a sudden I got 2 within 24 hours

hackers have nothing to do with konami adjusting stuff

konami does what is good for business. 

like youve said before, all the stuff you get is random right ?

lol?

that's not how random works

I'm talking about the pull ratios, aka the chance you get things

it's random what you get and when you get it, but that's not the point we're discussing here

Yeah so far I have that 1 trap, and the Spell Dice card

I don't average more than 5800pts because I don't own Master of Oz.. 

The biggest obstacle when it comes to Super Joey 40 is that blasted Wind Art Trap.  If he uses it early, you're in trouble.  If he combos it with another Trap during the Battle Phase when you can't stop it, you're fucked.

Lvl.30 is definitely easier now, especially since I've found a way to make Cerberus work.

Anybody play against the weevil burn deck in pvp? It's nasty as fuck