JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

2141 posts in this topic

Sweet 

finally a reason to play ranked at all  

I'd have to agree. And the periods are a month at a time now meaning just about anyone can make it if they try. I do think it's kinda dumb they cap you buying just one Structure with gems though. Thankfully the decks suck ass, so I don't see any need to buy it, although Exploder Dragon would be nice...

These ranked rewards are such a breath of fresh air. Been grinding ishuzu for forever and haven't gotten a single chief, although there's some other cards I'd like to get too

15 hours ago, Grimey said:

I don't know what any of those cards in the Dragon deck are except Exploder Dragon or w/e it's called and Felgrand Dragon 

Here is a list of the starter decks http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/w870fed6 they cost 500 gems or $3.99. The only thing meta relevant is Hunter Dragon/Neo The Magic Swordsman, Soul Rope, Spell Wall, Advance Force,Tyrant Wing, Dragon Rebirth, and maybe Advance Zone.

Where do you even go to trade in the tickets for cards?

1 hour ago, knives1990 said:

Where do you even go to trade in the tickets for cards?

You go to PVP, then click on rewards, then click on the card.

Beating someone's ass. Their T3 (after my T2):

1 Play Final Destiny

2 Summon Flash Ass

3 Summon Necrofear

4 Attack for game

wtf man, game makes no sense.

A similar thing happened to me. The only difference was that they topdecked a second Necrofear after the first. 

53 minutes ago, IRLAlex said:

You go to PVP, then click on rewards, then click on the card.

I can do that but there's nothing to let me get the card. Maybe you have to wait until the session is over 

What do you guys make if this person's assessment on the shuffler?  https://www.reddit.com/r/DuelLinks/comments/64n5ha/after_many_experiments_decks_are_not_shuffled/

His post is a mess to sort through, but there are a few TL;DRs by other users in the comments.  Basically, he believes that there are priority calculations for the cards in your deck based on their characteristics and their placement in the deck editor, going left to right, right to left, and left to right again, all from top to bottom.  If there's any truth to this, it explains why Harpie Lady Sisters shows up in my opening hands so often.

I've been hearing people saying there's ways to grind in this game, what are they talking about? Just selecting auto duel or is there a deck I don't know about. 

Also those structures are sweet, I wish they were out a week ago when I finally downloaded this, would have save so much time, at the time 1550 was my biggest lv4 and in the late early stages the opponent's start just summoning 1600 atk / def mons and you're walled till you equipped something or tributed for a bigger monster. 

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, dexer008 said:

I've been hearing people saying there's ways to grind in this game, what are they talking about? Just selecting auto duel or is there a deck I don't know about. 

Also those structures are sweet, I wish they were out a week ago when I finally downloaded this, would have save so much time, at the time 1550 was my biggest lv4 and in the late early stages the opponent's start just summoning 1600 atk / def mons and you're walled till you equipped something or tributed for a bigger monster. 

Depends what they mean by grinding. If it's grinding standard duelists for gate keys and exp for your characters then yeah it's hit auto duel and give the AI a deck it won't fuck up with like a simple Ritual deck. If it's grinding legendary duelists there are a bunch of decks but some generally good ones are mystical beast ceberus decks or anything with unhappy girl and a way to deal over 9999 damage. If it's about grinding for gems/gold that's pretty much

leveling your characters and doing stage missions to level that up.

Edited by Nex

I can't even fathom some of the shit that happens to me

I'm at 100LP, Hammer Shark + Starboy on board with no Umi and a Mirror Wall in hand

Opponent has Harpie Lady Sisters, Lady #1 and Lady #2 on board  with HHG so I set my Mirror Wall. 

HE FUCKING TRIBUTES HIS SISTERS AND LADY 2 FOR A FUCKING BARREL DRAGON. 

B A R R E L     D R A G O N

OFC HE HITS X2 HEADS AND HE FUCKING DROPS ANOTHER EGOTIST FOR LADY #3 

I AM SALT 

22 hours ago, knives1990 said:

I can do that but there's nothing to let me get the card. Maybe you have to wait until the session is over 

I'm an idiot. You can't use them until the season is over.

Posted (edited)

Temple of the Kings glitch has been fixed.  Is it a viable farming strategy for Bakura?

EDIT: Yes and no.  It definitely helps, but I wasn't able to break 8k with it.  Have switched to Fusion Summon of Master of Oz.  Should be able to get that last push, but it's still only theoretical.

Edited by Starlight Warrior

Theory proven!  Made 8400 points!

And... okay, that's weird.  It says I performed a Ritual Summon, even though I Fusion Summon Summoned, and it didn't give me a bonus for activating a Trap Card.  Everything else lines up, though.

Full assessment list

Comeback Victory: 2500

Cards on the Brink: 500

Victory by Effect Damage Only: 1000

Played Glossy Card: 500

Over 9999 Damage!: 3000

Destroyed 10 Monsters: 300

Activated Spell: 100

Performed Special Summon: 100

Performed... Ritual Summon?: 400

Screenshot_2017-07-06-19-25-41.png

Posted (edited)

So I think a Nuit deck may work if you focus on making Meteor B. Dragon while using baggy sleeves to recoup any loss. Probably something like this:

3 Nuit

2 REBD

2 Meteor dragon

2 generic fusion subs

3 Riryoku

2 polymerization

2 fusion gate

3 metalmorph

1 etaqua

3 Meteor b Dragon

2 Buster Blader fusion piercing guy

Edited by Literal Bastard
Forgot extra

9 hours ago, Starlight Warrior said:

Theory proven!  Made 8400 points!

And... okay, that's weird.  It says I performed a Ritual Summon, even though I Fusion Summon Summoned, and it didn't give me a bonus for activating a Trap Card.  Everything else lines up, though.

Full assessment list

Comeback Victory: 2500

Cards on the Brink: 500

Victory by Effect Damage Only: 1000

Played Glossy Card: 500

Over 9999 Damage!: 3000

Destroyed 10 Monsters: 300

Activated Spell: 100

Performed Special Summon: 100

Performed... Ritual Summon?: 400

Screenshot_2017-07-06-19-25-41.png

Best deck I've come up with is a surprise present deck with gift exchanges, jam breeding, eye of truth that gives me a 6-7k score when it goes off. It's about 70% to win if I had to guess, which doesn't really matter to me since I only need 2 more trance archfiend and like 800k more points to finish the event rewards. What are you using that lets you kill 10 monsters? My impression was that the temple decks you only summon on the final turn.

3 hours ago, Literal Bastard said:

So I think a Nuit deck may work if you focus on making Meteor B. Dragon while using baggy sleeves to recoup any loss. Probably something like this:

3 Nuit

2 REBD

2 Meteor dragon

2 generic fusion subs

3 Riryoku

2 polymerization

2 fusion gate

3 metalmorph

1 etaqua

3 Meteor b Dragon

2 Buster Blader fusion piercing guy

Probably needs some work, Nuit is really good tho and you may be onto something with making use out of the dragons he brings out. I was thinking Advance draw might be cool

When I see LD in duel world I usually just duel them with whatever character I'm leveling up unless it's someone like a lvl 40 Odion, Ishizu etc where I'm wanting specific cards. Saw lvl 40 Bakura and I was using Joey

IMG_0135.PNG

20 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

Best deck I've come up with is a surprise present deck with gift exchanges, jam breeding, eye of truth that gives me a 6-7k score when it goes off. It's about 70% to win if I had to guess, which doesn't really matter to me since I only need 2 more trance archfiend and like 800k more points to finish the event rewards. What are you using that lets you kill 10 monsters? My impression was that the temple decks you only summon on the final turn.

Bakura's script has changed and he's not so skittish around Des Counterblow anymore.  He'll just ram his monsters right into you if it means decreasing your LP.  This includes Malice Doll of Demise in most cases, even when he's got Ectoplasmer out.  The trick is being able to predict what he's going to do and using your Destiny Draw to prepare accordingly.

New Mini Box has been revealed 

It has some pretty nifty cards 

Il Bud

Nephtys + Hand of Neph

Skull Commander (2000 atk zombie lv4)

Des Wombat

Fire King Yashka (I think that's the name)

Red Dragon Ninja

Don't forget Tribute to the Doomed which is really nice 

From the looks it the sets only worth if for Fire Kings,Zombies, and maybe Tribute To The Doomed.

sounds like we might be getting tenk

Magical Exempler and Tribute To The Doomed could do some nasty stuff.

I mean im getting a bit bored of duel links now

Just irritates me to death not getting my dark paladin :( i just got soul ressurection though which makes harpies so unbelievably broken

Evaluating the possibility of white elephant gift in harpies. Kill a backrow, draw 2 carxs, soul res to kill another backrow