JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

2141 posts in this topic

That deck idea sounds awful 

You auto-lose to Twister and it sounds like you auto-lose to any monster with more than 1900 attack points as well. Adding Wild Tornado into the deck to deal with those monsters sounds even more awful. 

Harpie and 3SD players need to be looking into other ways for the deck to work now anyways, only like a week or so more until the nerfs. 3SD isn't as much of a problem to work around since you're only using the skill once or twice a duel, or at least that's how I play it. HHG is harder since it's the top card of your deck so it takes away a card from you now. 

I can't believe I finished the Bakura event. 

Do we know the release date of the new boxes? 

July 11th

I think Eliminating the League is one of the most nutty cards in the game right now. For people who have it, I'd strongly consider playing it as many copies as possible + Storm (if you play other spells as well: don't need too many, just 6+ imo). For example, in Flash Assailant / Swift Gaia decks, playing 3x the field is nuts but every copy after is dead. E-Con is good but sometimes dead. Storm is definitely good but sometimes dead. Eliminating the League solves everything. If you don't have 3 you could play Order to Charge instead. ( I still think Divine Wrath is good if you 1. face a lot of eff monsters decks such as burn / relinquished decks, and 2. play a deck that can afford the discard ). In dragon decks, Burst Breath + stamping destruction + the new trap (to banish 1, special 1 from grave) + the hieratics from the structure seemed pretty nutty (with metalmorph to trigger the hieratic to special the normal, and then Order to Charges and E-Cons to make use of them) and had sick game shots, but after testing I realized my opp's were on 1900 ATK decks too often and the winrate would be too close to 50/50. I think it could be good in certain meta's (aka: when people aren't in 1900 atk decks). So to play arond this I decided to play Flash Assailant again. Here's my current list, I had like a 10+ winstreak through silver / gold (which says nothing, I know, need to see if I can sweep through platinum to KoG as well before I come to conclusions), but given that my list isn't complete I think it's worth noting:

also if you don't have eliminating the league, I still think storm + wild tornado is bonkers fwiw.

Just now, mark said:

I think Eliminating the League is one of the most nutty cards in the game right now. For people who have it, I'd strongly consider playing it as many copies as possible + Storm (if you play other spells as well: don't need too many, just 6+ imo). For example, in Flash Assailant / Swift Gaia decks, playing 3x the field is nuts but every copy after is dead. E-Con is good but sometimes dead. Storm is definitely good but sometimes dead. Eliminating the League solves everything. If you don't have 3 you could play Order to Charge instead. ( I still think Divine Wrath is good if you 1. face a lot of eff monsters decks such as burn / relinquished decks, and 2. play a deck that can afford the discard ). In dragon decks, Burst Breath + stamping destruction + the new trap (to banish 1, special 1 from grave) + the hieratics from the structure seemed pretty nutty (with metalmorph to trigger the hieratic to special the normal, and then Order to Charges and E-Cons to make use of them) and had sick game shots, but after testing I realized my opp's were on 1900 ATK decks too often and the winrate would be too close to 50/50. I think it could be good in certain meta's (aka: when people aren't in 1900 atk decks). So to play arond this I decided to play Flash Assailant again. Here's my current list, I had like a 10+ winstreak through silver / gold (which says nothing, I know, need to see if I can sweep through platinum to KoG as well before I come to conclusions), but given that my list isn't complete I think it's worth noting:

also if you don't have eliminating the league, I still think storm + wild tornado is bonkers fwiw.

List I'm currently on

note that I only have 1/1/2 eliminating, field, order to charge, which explains my ratio's 

i would prefer 3 eliminating 3 field, but for people who don't have it I'd suggest 3 order to charge + Dunames + apophis 

the skill is whatever Btw 

IMG_1547.PNG

Is there a way to like improve SR drops happening or is it literally just farming for as many points as possible?

3 hours ago, IRLAlex said:

Is there a way to like improve SR drops happening or is it literally just farming for as many points as possible?

@Silver

5 hours ago, IRLAlex said:

lol 

Yeah the more you play, the more of a chance you have to get a drop

How do you spend your pvp rewards

3 hours ago, Winter Multi said:

How do you spend your pvp rewards

I think you have to wait till aug 1 

Set is extemely good even outside of this card 

i think Il blud supervise Soul Exchange goblin zombie and the gemini zombie could be a legit deck, comparable to GK, not sure if its better but I think it has a lot of potential esp since supervise is just bonkers 

IMG_1558.PNG

Molten destruction could be insane

Posted (edited)

Super Rush Headlong is probably amazing? It's the closest thing to direct 1-for-1 removal we have (I think).

SuperRushHeadlong-MP16-EN-C-1E.png

Like people are talking up TTTD but chain this in response to an attack and you'd be doing pretty well for yourself. Could be used proactively but it might only be a mildly better Riryoku in those cases (unless they're playing water or something which is heavy on single attrib).

Edited by IRLAlex

That card is literally Sakaretsu Armor except in Quickplay form that activates in the Battle Step. You chain the card to an attack and call the type, simple. 

Posted (edited)

Set does have some good cards in the higher tiers, but I'm more concerned with the rares and commons since those will likely be my front runners in farming, and in some PVP matches.  Lots of Naturia stuff in here, but I'm not sure if that'll be a legit deck.

I recently got 2x Buster Blader, the Destruction Swordmaster, and finally got a second copy of Gateway to Chaos.  Until the nerf, I've got a decent 3SD deck, and I've also got a Balance deck, though that could still use some work.

So, with this in mind, I'm wondering what packs I should buy.  I still need to clean out Neo-Impact for the second time.  I don't have much from Land of the Titans, and there's some neat stuff in Crimson Kingdom I'd like to have, such as the Fusions... where should I go from here?

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I was able to grab a copy of Big Shield Gardna before the Bakura event ended.

Edited by Starlight Warrior

Neo impact is only good for the ur cards

Wonders of the sky for harpies

Ultimate rising for the ur cards

Valkyires rage just has lots of good cards

Ignore the beast mini box

Crimson kingdom has neat stuff

New set is obviously a priority

In general I'd only recommend buying newer sets, due to sheer power creep. For example valkyrie rage was broken upon release, but the s/t Destruction; Dunames, etc are likely all getting or already are powercrept so What's left is just Soul Exchange I think (which is still a good reason) 

i think the newest set should be the priority. For example ultimate Rising has order to charge which is good but not as good as eliminating the league / tribute to the doomed most likely. Everything gets powercrept. Although mask of the accursed / pumprincess / burning land etc are staples for burn; so if that's your goal you probably should buy those awkward sets. Other than that winter is right I think, buying neo impact is a bad investment, the quickplay from the new set can replace mirror Wall for sure 

I mention tribute to the doomed specifically cause of how quickly it ends

games and how versatile it is 

and yes the quickplay looks good as well esp since it plays around mirror Wall which is a problem Metalmorph / mirror Wall had imo, that you couldnt savely attack into backrow 

Posted (edited)

Between Super Rush headlong, Enemy Controller and Tribute To The Doomed, I'm expecting Riryoku Field to be a pretty strong contender. Not sure where it stands right now.

Edit: Forgot Dimension Gate was a thing. Still poor mans if no gates.

Edited by IRLAlex

What do people think of Card of the Soul in like Balance decks to search for Flash Assailant in turn 1-2? Could be a decent pick, especially if you're playing eliminating the league/just storm it away as usual

Anti Magic Prism is a fantastic card in high tier play as well 

12 hours ago, knives1990 said:

What do people think of Card of the Soul in like Balance decks to search for Flash Assailant in turn 1-2? Could be a decent pick, especially if you're playing eliminating the league/just storm it away as usual

What is has going for it is opening flash + card of Soul is better than 2x flash, but if you take any kind of lp hit its dead outside of eliminating / storm 

1 hour ago, mark said:

What is has going for it is opening flash + card of Soul is better than 2x flash, but if you take any kind of lp hit its dead outside of eliminating / storm 

Tried it out, itsnit too great. Since you use balance it's opening 2 monsters which sucks, but I'm sure there's ways for it to be useful

Posted (edited)

Bought 10 of the new stuff.  No Supers or Ultras, but did manage to get a playset of Des Wombat, and at least one Card of the Soul.  Think I got that Prism card too, the one that says, "Hey is that a Quick-Play Spell?  I'MMA KILL SOMETHING!"

EDIT: Okay, so bought another 10 packs.  NOW I have Card of the Soul.  Also Il Blud and Tribute to the Doomed, so... bitchin'.

Currently working with a Handless Balance deck.  Only have 2x Gateway to Chaos, but that's the minimum for the deck to be good.  Need to get another Wild Tornado, but that'll have to wait.  Twister's been a decent replacement for Wild 2 anyway.

Anyhoo, should I use any of the new cards in this deck?  Maybe Card of the Soul, or Tribute to the Doomed?  Or both?

Edited by Starlight Warrior

3 hours ago, Starlight Warrior said:

Bought 10 of the new stuff.  No Supers or Ultras, but did manage to get a playset of Des Wombat, and at least one Card of the Soul.  Think I got that Prism card too, the one that says, "Hey is that a Quick-Play Spell?  I'MMA KILL SOMETHING!"

EDIT: Okay, so bought another 10 packs.  NOW I have Card of the Soul.  Also Il Blud and Tribute to the Doomed, so... bitchin'.

Currently working with a Handless Balance deck.  Only have 2x Gateway to Chaos, but that's the minimum for the deck to be good.  Need to get another Wild Tornado, but that'll have to wait.  Twister's been a decent replacement for Wild 2 anyway.

Anyhoo, should I use any of the new cards in this deck?  Maybe Card of the Soul, or Tribute to the Doomed?  Or both?

I use tribute to the doomed as the 10th spell for the balance. ( Along with 3 Gateway 3 Super Rush and 3 Storm ) 

I don't have any e-con though so maybe that would be a better choice.

I think Soul is bad for this deck, but feel free to test it out.