JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

2141 posts in this topic

That feeling when you accidentally go into a plat 3 game with a Bakura farm deck and win because your opponent plays Tea Burn and you have LP Boost.

Posted (edited)

Well according to a leak Arkana is going to be the next legendary duelist on July 20th and from the looks of it will only be a spawn duelist. http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/8xhr063w

So far the only cards showed to be reward card supposedly is a alternate artwork of DM,Dark Eradicator Warlock, and Anti-Magic Arrows. 

Edited by Inti

There's so much salt about this recent Joey event, it seems people have wanted Insight more than just about any other drop card. Feel really fortunate to have 3 copies; 3 Insight and 3 Spirit is incredibly sacky since this game is still kinda primitive compared to the tcg. I'm just in Plat but very confident I'll get Legend soon, KoG is still a hell of a grind though.

If Anti-Magic Arrows is a drop then this game is changing even more rapidly than I already thought 0_0 a pseudo Cold Wave is unreal.

Posted (edited)

More cards that have been revealed from

datamining the update https://www.reddit.com/r/DuelLinks/comments/6o2d8a/july_18_2017_added_hidden_cards/

Notable Cards

Apprentice Magician 

Apprentice Piper (Hmm this could either be a reward card from Arakana, used by him, or something else. Regardless its a free special summon as soon as you set it.)

BLS support cards (Beginning of Heaven and Earth is another way to get Gaia especially good in decks that use only warrior monsters. If Flash was warrior then handless could have used it as well.)

Deep Sweeper (Slighty better version of Lost Blue Breaker though it not being a lv 4 monster hurts it usage. Outside of that its a decent alternative for people don't have Sergeant Electro.)

Fishborg Planter 

Lord Poison 

Old Vindictive Magician (Will probably be used by Arkana making him a pain to farm.) 

Bound Wand (Gives GKs and DM a  decent boost in attack and helps them keep field presence.)

Dark Magic Curtain (A free instant DM for the cost of half your lp.)

Dark Room of Nightmare (Most likely will be a card use by Marik.)

Monster Reborn (Will most likely be a npc card.)

Commander of Swords (Hmm could be abused in the future makes the op discard their entire hand if they draw a spell/trap or can become a Dust Tornado)

Dark Renewal (If this becomes obtainable DM decks could easily be meta. GKs could use it as well.)

Nightmare Wheel (Oh please let this be a npc card.)

Spell Shield Type-8

Edited by Inti

I've gotten a ton of supers from Joey.  Problem is, most were Dice or Ishzark.  So, yeah, I'm salty about the event too.  I think a lot of people have a right to be salty.  Konami is clearly manipulating the drop rates of specific cards so that they are rarer than others in their class, or even in rarer classes (see the Mokuba event where Kidmodo and Beacon were goddamn impossible to get).

@Inti

Commander of Swords only discards the cards *they drew*.

The only drop cards I'm salty about is Gravekeeper Chief, Super Joey was fine. I got 2 insight and 5 Spirit, 1 Ishzark and a bunch of the Dice. It's literally just bad luck for you Starlight

Super Rush Headlong is the new E-Con

Tribute to the Doomed is the new "very random tech people play to out Relinquished and stuff" 

(and eliminating the league, in builds that support it, is actually better than order to charge by far because of the field presence it provides) 

I think that those 3 cards are among the most broken S/T in the game right now (along with Soul exchange and probably still mirror Wall). 

I think you can build a sick Relinquished deck without Sphere Kuriboh or econ at all, they're not bad but they just got powercrept imo, may still serve a purpose but they arent staples anymore which is a huge 

think I like Dekoichi in them as well esp with mirror wall / eliminating the league and stuff 

Could play a 3rd ritual spell to discard with league fwiw

really daily Reminder that the new set is sick and should be prioritized over buying older sets 9/10 times 

11 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

The only drop cards I'm salty about is Gravekeeper Chief, Super Joey was fine. I got 2 insight and 5 Spirit, 1 Ishzark and a bunch of the Dice. It's literally just bad luck for you Starlight

Yea I just get chiefs from the SR rewards tbh

1 hour ago, Starlight Warrior said:

I've gotten a ton of supers from Joey.  Problem is, most were Dice or Ishzark.  So, yeah, I'm salty about the event too.  I think a lot of people have a right to be salty.  Konami is clearly manipulating the drop rates of specific cards so that they are rarer than others in their class, or even in rarer classes (see the Mokuba event where Kidmodo and Beacon were goddamn impossible to get).

Agree this is happening, although its just what made me realize that's just how the entire game is 

the duel-a-thin event made me realize this. They just want you to play 24/7 for minimal rewards to the point where you're so frustrated that you'll buy shitloads of packs and duel orbs to compensate 

its rediculous and its the reason I stopped playing this game seriously: now I spend less time, I get even further behind which makes me realize it was a good decision. Put in so much effort, and while it was fun at first, I never really got what I wanted and now its just a struggle. I have 20 000 keys but I hate farming so I'm not going to use them until they put the auto-duel feature on the legendary duelists.

but yea the tl;dr of this: agree this game sucks ass 

Its sad cause i really like the game outside of that though 

4 hours ago, CT3000 said:

There's so much salt about this recent Joey event, it seems people have wanted Insight more than just about any other drop card. Feel really fortunate to have 3 copies; 3 Insight and 3 Spirit is incredibly sacky since this game is still kinda primitive compared to the tcg. I'm just in Plat but very confident I'll get Legend soon, KoG is still a hell of a grind though.

If Anti-Magic Arrows is a drop then this game is changing even more rapidly than I already thought 0_0 a pseudo Cold Wave is unreal.

Reaching King of Games now is:

5% skill

20% having the cards (paying enough)

75% having the patience / desire to sit through 100s of bad players; time stallers, disconnects and variance swings daily until you reach it

prefered if they just cut the winstreak thing entirely and just made it ELO instead. Also time limit needs to be way shorter on first turns... how many seconds do you need to summon a monster set backrow end turn lol. Also they should do matches with side decks to prevent the RPS aspect and losing to stupid decks stuff 

/rant

4 hours ago, CT3000 said:

What am I missing?

Card is beyond terrible: mirror Wall / econ can be chained and since its the battle step you cant return them to atk, also there's no MP2, card does literally nothing outside of baiting headlong/mirror Wall i guess which could be ok at best 

The win streak thing in ranked is the one of dumbest parts. Like now that they added platinum 3-5 plus legendary 1-2, it's so hard to win that many games in a row without running into the decks you can't main for, which brings about the other problem in ranked which is no siding. Points mark had hit on numerous times. Im playing a deck I'm really excited about, but decks like Toons are an auto loss  and sometimes Burn (weevil or tea) will beat me. Other decks it's not that there's auto wins or losses, it's just the factors of misplaying which will happen sometimes and luck factor. Too many variables for the current win streak system to stay valid. I can understand why they don't want siding; too long of Games probably boils down to the biggest reason, but the best solution past that is simply changing the rank up system

ive seen some people talking about naturias and I'm here to tell you the deck is legit and it is very inexpensive. You're talking about soul exchange/mirror wall as the money cards and the rest of the deck being common/rare. Really great deck for the price point. Seems like there's room for different techs as well 

Red Eyes zombies are also really good and the deck I'm using atm. It's really consistent with gozuki, red eyes insight, goblin zombie. You have room for 3-6 tech cards which I've been going between econ, super rush, and tribute to the doomed. If I can get a 3rd insight before this event is over I might jizz

Is Levia Dragon like standard in Mako now? Every Mako deck seems to be playing it and it kicks my ass every time....

37 minutes ago, JackAtlas said:

Is Levia Dragon like standard in Mako now? Every Mako deck seems to be playing it and it kicks my ass every time....

I rarely see Levia used in your making a deck focused on summon it and Neo Daedalus.  From what I hear those decks are very bricky and Levia overall has to many counters. 

3 hours ago, Inti said:

I rarely see Levia used in your making a deck focused on summon it and Neo Daedalus.  From what I hear those decks are very bricky and Levia overall has to many counters. 

Decks garb 

Posted (edited)

Decks I'm seeing the most of in platinum 5 through legend is naturias, red eyes, blue eyes, and standard mako. Haven't ran into many other decks

Edited by knives1990

22 hours ago, mark said:

What am I missing?

Card is beyond terrible: mirror Wall / econ can be chained and since its the battle step you cant return them to atk, also there's no MP2, card does literally nothing outside of baiting headlong/mirror Wall i guess which could be ok at best 

Don't wanna sound snarky but you missed the "Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation."  In decks that spam the field pretty easily, namely the meta, it could lead to OTK's happening more often.

Got to Legend, been seeing Mill and Toons sorta often with Tea. I think certain people are trying to take any route they can to beat Red Eyes.

31 minutes ago, CT3000 said:

Don't wanna sound snarky but you missed the "Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation."  In decks that spam the field pretty easily, namely the meta, it could lead to OTK's happening more often.

Got to Legend, been seeing Mill and Toons sorta often with Tea. I think certain people are trying to take any route they can to beat Red Eyes.

My bad, that makes it better. 

Curious about the naturia ratios: I'm running 3 of all the new ones form dawn of destiny (puppkin, marron, hydrangea, stag beetle) and the rest is just the goodstuff spells (e-con, one super rush, mirror wall, etc) and some metal morphs. Are any of the other naturias worth running? seen talk of strawberry and dragonfly and is a simple 3 of each the best route this deck can take since it can lead to some bricks opening both hydrangea/stag beetle and 2 spell/traps.

6 hours ago, Inti said:

Alright I figured, just got sacked a few times in row and I thought this was how the deck was shifting lol

This Arkana Event fucking sucks. The only noteworthy cards are Anti-Magic and I think everything else good can be got from Yami at the gate.

On a more positive note, the game suddenly started popping the SR's at me last night and ended up getting my first (third with PVP) E-Con, 2nd Rush Headlong, 2 Tribute to the Doomed. Among others.

If there's at least 1 meta relevant card to get from a duelist event, it's always worth it since it costs nothing to duel these fools into submission

Anti Magic Arrows isn't even really a "meta card"

like I can't think of a time when I'd really want that card over something like E-Con etc 

Every good s/t is chainable nowadays