JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

Inti    56
1 hour ago, IRLAlex said:

God cards and E-Heros confirmed in Leak. https://waidosworld.com/duel-links-egyptian-god-cards-elemental-heroes-confirmend/

Bubbleman, Prisma and Diamond Dude all look potentially ridiculous. Prisma probably going up some of those Paladin deck things.

In that case if GX does come up Jaden and Aster will be unlockable characters or maybe roaming duelist. Also I think the September 11th even will be a Super Rex event since the notification hints it by saying "Summer may be on its way out, but the Ice Age isn't here yet!"

Faint    5518

Ive been saving gems, and have like 1000 sitting there. Smug.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

dexer008    779

What are you waiting for in a set to make you spend them?

Also I found treeborn frog cute in the phoenix deck, gave another decent pop target in hand for yaksha if you had nothing else to pop, you could pop phoenix with island and blow itself up again and then bring back the treeborn after that for at least a body for defense. Also typical e-con take/ tribute combos. 

Mecha phantom beast hamstrat also has been pretty good in testing, it's like a field protecter on its own, and sometimes in weird situations can help boost another monster with beatdown due to increasing levels with a token on field. 

IRLAlex    104

Oh man, Double Cyclone is going to be soooo good. https://imgur.com/a/FYlhk#mIul4UJ

Other cards of note:

Spell Shield Type 8 (Riryoku Field is officially outclassed)

Black Brachios (Can run over quite a bit, including Nepthys)

Call of the Mummy (Good or redundant with Wyvern/Insight. Budget Option maybe).

Goblin Circus (Farming)

Inti    56
4 hours ago, IRLAlex said:

Oh man, Double Cyclone is going to be soooo good. https://imgur.com/a/FYlhk#mIul4UJ

Other cards of note:

Spell Shield Type 8 (Riryoku Field is officially outclassed)

Black Brachios (Can run over quite a bit, including Nepthys)

Call of the Mummy (Good or redundant with Wyvern/Insight. Budget Option maybe).

Goblin Circus (Farming)

Well Brachios is Roaring Rex card at the moment. If this leak is true it reveals that Alexis, Aster (very strange his starter card is a reptile), Baston, and Mokuba will be unlockable. Also the cards trader is going to have Rose Lover, Seed of Deception, Marina, Princess of Sunflowers, Tiki Soul (Kinda power creeps Aphosis), and Energy Drain. Will plants could easily be meta due to Rose Lover and Marina.

Inti    56

The Roaring Rex event is out and as well it being a duel a thon like event.

Exclusive Reward cards

SR's

Destroyersaurus 

Jurassic World

R's

Dark Driceratops 

Spacetime Transcendance 

If this event had come out when Dinosaur Kingdom was tier 1 it would have been much better. Its cute they have the field spell Jurassic World obtainable and Destroyersaurus is a good 1800 beater that can search Jurassic World.

Overall I give the event 3.5/5. Its okayish and the duel a thon part of the event is rewarding. Also the kinda story of Rex trying to find a new ace monster I find to be interesting.

dexer008    779

dark driceratops is lowkey good, I remember my 13 yr old self winning locals with it and other structure deck cards from the original dino structure deck, i expect dino's to make a comeback in the meta climb. Destroyersarus is also clutch, people might maining s/t hate to deal with this potentially. 

Inti    56
9 minutes ago, dexer008 said:

dark driceratops is lowkey good, I remember my 13 yr old self winning locals with it and other structure deck cards from the original dino structure deck, i expect dino's to make a comeback in the meta climb. Destroyersarus is also clutch, people might maining s/t hate to deal with this potentially. 

I could see Dinos slowly come back as a rogue deck maybe. The main problem I could see them facing in the meta is Red-Eyes (outside of Mirror Wall/Super Rush they have a hard time getting over a 2400 beater and Red-Eyes can negate there back row with Champion's Vigilance Ultimate Providence etc), 3SD decks (starting to make a comeback with Toon Barrel Dragon and is sometimes used with Ninjas), and overall they need something else to make them unique outside of having a high boosting field spell which does it cut it like it used to.  I just realized Spacetime Transcendance does have some potiential in the future though the main problem is there are no lv8 dinosaurs in DL and you cannot attack the turn you use the card. True you could use Dark Driceratops though that would mean you would have to run the Baby Dino (which is dead unless you can pop it constantly).

Faint    5518

Pretty sure Fire Princess could be the most horrific thing in the world

Faint    5518

Got like 8 wins in a row on pvp with this for the evening

Bandit keith sleight of hand

2 leotar

2 x head cannon 

2 dekochi

1 chiron

1 twin headed barrel dragon

1 sargent elec (would be 3 if i had more)

1 ninja sasuke

3 econ

2 super rush

1 riryoku

1 mirror wall

1 curse of anubis

1 windstorm

1 rare metalmorph

Trick is to protect monsters as much as possible. Electro and ninja with 3 econs, windstorm & curse is GOLD. Dekos are soooo good t1 even if u go 2nd as they let u get a 7 completed out (gives you the flexibility to discard with chiron or boost a machine which is cool)

IRLAlex    104

https://imgur.com/a/pSrrV

> Destiny Hero's (just like all good here, even malicious)

> Hydrogeddon

> OJAMA KING! (This is going be big and probably make Tribute to the Doomed a staple)

> Cyber Gymnast?

Between frogs, mali and hydro, this game could really do with some actually decent tributes. Plasma is a start but still.

Edited by IRLAlex
  • Upvote 2

Faint    5518

Hydrogeddon is gonna make mako un fucking real

• Like 1

Inti    56

New card trader cards

Marina, Princess of Sunflowers (SR)

Rose Lover (SR)

Seed of Deception (N)

Energy Drain (N)

If Ojama King becomes popular (which could happen since you can easily guarantee summoning it quickly with Balance or Restart) maining Tribute To The Doomed or being able to swarm turn one will be mandatory. 

Edited by Inti

Faint    5518

Yeah there is no point in soending gems atm till heroes come out

Inti    56
4 hours ago, Starlight Warrior said:

Will GX even be playable against DM in PVP?

Probably unless DL decides to separate PVP into Different duel eras which I highly doubt will happen considering the fact DL has many cards that where made way after the original series. Like Ice Barriers as a example.

dexer008    779

Anyone else having absolute atrocious drops from Super Rex? Not only that, but I've only encountered lv40 like 5 times in the week, every other time was lv30, I even vsed fucking lv20 

:/

And the prismatic packs he has dropped have all been trash. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also GX needs to hurry up and get here :)

Inti    56
7 hours ago, dexer008 said:

Anyone else having absolute atrocious drops from Super Rex? Not only that, but I've only encountered lv40 like 5 times in the week, every other time was lv30, I even vsed fucking lv20 

:/

And the prismatic packs he has dropped have all been trash. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also GX needs to hurry up and get here :)

I seem to be getting Lv40 very often and so far I have gotten 2x Destroyersaurus (only good reward card), 3x Jurassic World,1x Black Petra, 1x Big Evolution Pill, and 2x Hunting Instinct.

IRLAlex    104

New Box: https://imgur.com/a/yEeDM

> Magical Something (because Rush/EC), big attack, decent spell-caster support.

> King of the Swamp (This is going to be ridiculous, for farming SD at least)>

> De-Fusion (Nice. Probably see some OTK shenanigans)

> Typhoon (Anti-Phoenix?)

> BOXer (Amazing)

> Caninetaur (Amazing)

> Abyss Warrior (Decent. Could get pretty frustrating)

> Samurai Skull (Decent but unnecessary for Zombie Red Eyes?)

> Bacon Saver (NICE! I've been playing Merchant related decks, so a personal surprise here)

> Flash Fusion (Probably awesome OTK potential with De-Fusion)

> Different Dimension Ground (Amazing)

> Worms (Might be good. Not sure how they will fare without future fusion)

> Ninja's (Great all over support)

> Half Counter (poor man's mirror wall)

> Mecha Sea Dragon (I'm not super familler with Mako but assuming this is pretty awesome)

> Floodgate Trap Hole (Awesome probably?)

> Giga Gagigo (2650 LV4 with ALO, what's not to love).

I know Horus Level 6 was great IRL for a while but I'm honestly not sure how it would fare here. On the other hand, with 20 card decks, maining LV8 might actually work pretty well via level up etc.

Edited by IRLAlex