JC.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

Zeppelin    59

If anyone wants to be friends on here I would like to add some so I can send things (Vagabond duels)

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Faint    5590
4 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

If anyone wants to be friends on here I would like to add some so I can send things (Vagabond duels)

DGzFaint

• Upvote 1

Zeppelin    59
42 minutes ago, knives1990 said:

Send me one, Knives1990

Sent, do you know how to send vagabond duels?

• Upvote 1

knives1990    283

Sometimes it will allow you to sometimes it won't. His dialogue will either be excellent dueling (no send) or it will be a paragraph which will let you send one

• Upvote 1

dexer008    801

Rewards for Bonz:

UR

Pumpking, King of Ghosts

SR
Call of the Mummy
Ryu Kokki
Monster Rebone
Castle of Dark Illusions

R
Ghostrick Ghoul
Ghostrick Mummy
Ghostrick Skeleton

N
Clown Zombie

Pretty good rewards, I think the most with potential are call, ryu, and skeleton in mill. 

• Upvote 1

Zeppelin    59
1 hour ago, dexer008 said:

Rewards for Bonz:

UR

Pumpking, King of Ghosts

SR
Call of the Mummy
Ryu Kokki
Monster Rebone
Castle of Dark Illusions

R
Ghostrick Ghoul
Ghostrick Mummy
Ghostrick Skeleton

N
Clown Zombie

Pretty good rewards, I think the most with potential are call, ryu, and skeleton in mill. 

Yeah I really like call as well, I already want to run some kind of Il blud supervise deck. For fun of course 

• Upvote 1

Faint    5590
12 hours ago, knives1990 said:

Duel reward from Bonz

IMG_0257.PNG

Fucking LOL

• Upvote 1

CT3000    25

@dexer008mark's advice is really solid, realize you asked this days ago but just gonna give my 2 cents. I recently got KoG with a very off meta deck (used Evil Dragon Ananta) so hang in there if you feel your decks aren't amazing right now. Balance or maybe even Beatdown Vanilla Red Eyes is incredibly easy to run. For Balance, if you have 3 Cards, 2 Insight, and 3 Spirit it'll be good enough most likely. If you have at least 2 Vigilance give it a try but 3 is obv better. Could try 2 Cards, 2 Insight, 1 Tribute to the Doomed even. If you want the Beatdown version, you'll need multiple Wyverns and Vanguard of the Dragon. 

Right now the better ninja deck seems to use 3 Shadow Sealing, and depends on level 4's like Sasuke, White Ninja, Ebisu, Flame Armor etc. Don't need Transformation or multiple Red Dragon in that version, but 3 Econ, and cards like Floodgate and Mirror Wall are pretty important. Really any control deck with those cards can get somewhere.

If you have the Paradox Bros, then getting their skill drops is easy with Elements Unite. Farming with that enough will give you 3SD, and another skill in Labyrinth Builder eventually. 3SD builds are weaker since Cyber Angels are around, but since you have all the Horus cards, you could try something cheesy, and run 3SD hoping to get lv6 + Level Up turn 1.

• Upvote 1

dexer008    801
On 10/14/2017 at 9:06 AM, CT3000 said:

@dexer008mark's advice is really solid, realize you asked this days ago but just gonna give my 2 cents. I recently got KoG with a very off meta deck (used Evil Dragon Ananta) so hang in there if you feel your decks aren't amazing right now. Balance or maybe even Beatdown Vanilla Red Eyes is incredibly easy to run. For Balance, if you have 3 Cards, 2 Insight, and 3 Spirit it'll be good enough most likely. If you have at least 2 Vigilance give it a try but 3 is obv better. Could try 2 Cards, 2 Insight, 1 Tribute to the Doomed even. If you want the Beatdown version, you'll need multiple Wyverns and Vanguard of the Dragon. 

Right now the better ninja deck seems to use 3 Shadow Sealing, and depends on level 4's like Sasuke, White Ninja, Ebisu, Flame Armor etc. Don't need Transformation or multiple Red Dragon in that version, but 3 Econ, and cards like Floodgate and Mirror Wall are pretty important. Really any control deck with those cards can get somewhere.

If you have the Paradox Bros, then getting their skill drops is easy with Elements Unite. Farming with that enough will give you 3SD, and another skill in Labyrinth Builder eventually. 3SD builds are weaker since Cyber Angels are around, but since you have all the Horus cards, you could try something cheesy, and run 3SD hoping to get lv6 + Level Up turn 1.

Hey CT3000, thanks for the response, I just got wrecked by Anata this morning, I couldn't for some reason pick up a 2nd monster to start getting damage in, and by the time I did I was facing a 3000 atk snek monster :( . I'm currently legend 1 with that phoenix deck but thinking of switching it up to red-eyes since more CA is around. I'm currently leveling up alexis, she's lv17 right now. Turns out though I don't have Dark Paladin like I thought (I have the buster fusion), so farming her seems like it'll be a challenge. I sort of copied the destiny hero plasma deck someone post on gamea (http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/9uzi0xca), it does ok, but isn't too great, half the time the 2 union attack I use only get vassal with plasma and 1 more to 9000 damage usually, only exceeding if I have plasma absorb dakini,  as i don't own a desert twister for the extra boost. I'm thinking piranha army might be better in this case, though I will lose the effect damage bonus.

Dark Paladin though is a good deck for farming characters I've heard though so I'm thinking if I should drop 500 gems to try and get lucky. There's still a shit ton of packs in the box though so I'll unlikely do it. I'm currently at 3k gems and want to use them for senju's as I own 0, thing is though I'll probably spend most of them just getting 1 unless I get super lucky. I'm at dilemma of by the time KC cup comes around or a new box drops, I'll be seriously lacking in cards but drowning in gems, and will be extremely confused in what to invest on. 

Also @mark it appears the next box will be a mini set, I did think about that actually. Seeing as mini boxes are quite easy to go through, maybe I should just spend my gems on a core box, as after getting payed for me usually gets me a whole set+ half a set more with a sale, then I pick up the rest with leveling up. 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002

@dexer008 we can help with that, basically they will probably release a box before KC cup and once we know that, that's when you want to start deciding what to build / where to spend the gems on. Sure I'm also not sure but we can discuss with each other, check YouTube / discords /

sites etc. for inspiration and logically conclude which decks are the best

Nex    51

Chalice and Birthright look like the only two worth anything. The rest doesn't seem outstanding with Vorse Raider just there to push the ceiling higher on lvl 4 normals and man-eater bug would've been nice if cyber angels weren't a deck. The Rares and Normals just look terrible outside of a few potentially decent things like enraged battle box, system down (if that 3DS toon barrel deck is still a thing but that's shaky at best), and potssibly peten. Nowhere as good as as the phoenix set.

Edited by Nex
  • Upvote 1

+mark    3002

3 cards caught my attentikn, that I think will be good 

Forbidden chalice:

worse econ in CA so not worth picking up there I think

In any other deck it may be a staple at 2/3: its like the best counter to CA combined with econs, floodgates, mirror walls and metalmorphs 

Wall of disruption: poor mans mirror Wall? Being -1600 vs 2 monsters is actually pretty relevant 

draining shield: good in aids decks?

Why I don't like the other cards: 

Yes birthright is better than but Soul resurection but how relevant is this difference even? I guess you can use birthright in the BP but they seem like the same card to me, and Soul rec isn't seeing play. Overhyped card 

i also cant get excited for a 1900 vanilla when stuff like Card Guard exists 

man eater bug may be ok in a non-dakini meta but definitely isn't good now, although it does combo Nicely with Chalice vs Dakini to clear it that turn 

not saying this set is or isn't worth picking up, chalice could definitely become a 3-off staple at some point, but there's nothing shocking or game breaking here. Just a filler mediocre set with a good card imo, that may become broken in the future 

dexer008    801

Ok my review now I'm home;

UR - Both are ok cards, but with Cyber Angels being here man-eater bug is sub-par as is all flip effect monsters as of now. DMOC is decent with the spell recursion, but as of right now from memory there is no real easy way to summon him besides dedication through light and darkness. The 3SD dark magician build might be able to use him the fullest, besides this I also can maybe see treeborn frog tribute decks using it with e-con take plays to revive the econ they used.

SR - Some real gems in this batch. The two I'm most excited for and expect use is of course forbidden chalice and Wall of Disruption. Forbidden chalice represent the first form of decent effect negation in the game without set up, and I can see it being used against Dakini to make sure your monsters stay on the field, or you can disrupt a ritual searcher such as senju to prevent them from their ideal set up. Wall is another decent budget version of mirror wall, and against a full field of monsters decreases by 2400. Even the 800 for 1 monster is a big decrease, so expect this for sure in PVP. Draining shield I can see being used in 3SD decks to gain back life, or even Right back at you marik due to the nature of that deck. In general it's decent defense and can help prolong games. Birthright is essentially Soul Resurrection, but will be much more accessible being a super in a mini box. You could very well use this in a gemini zombie deck, using gozuki to dump heavy knight and il blud to revive with this. Throw in Call of the mummy from the Bonz event and you have a very aggressive strategy. Vorse Raider is of course the debut  for 1900 atk monsters (card Guard didn't count) and is a nod towards the Beast Warrior deck Konami has been trying to push into the game. I expect it though just to be used as a replacement for 1800 atk vanillas in decks and the darkness auto farm deck. Blade Knight I'm not to sure where he fits, he used to be a very meta relevant card once upon a time in early irl yugioh. He's 2000 atk under the right conditions and can negate monster effects, so he is a very decent lv4. Perhaps in a lv4 control deck he will shine, or in handless if that deck can still compete. Besides this I'm not too sure, maybe in a Light variant of auto farming decks he could find a home. Finally, Panzer dragon I suppose is a decent wall, but unless instant fusion comes to the game I suspect this will not be used. As for Painful decision, with current card pool and small deck size of duel links, I'm unsure what a rota for normals that requires you to send 1 does much for decks in the game. I suppose for Evil Dragon Anata decks you can sent a gagigagio to grave to search while fueling? Maybe ojama decks to have more consistency for ojama king? Who know's, let me know if there's a deck that might use it very well.

R - Mechanical chaser, like vorse raider above, for dark auto farm decks and beatdown stratigies, such as machine control with gravity blaster, the same for machina sniper too. If this for some reason becomes meta then system down is decent too, but I mean i doubt it? Enraged Battle Ox is yet again trying to make beast warriors work, and the piercing damage is very nice, we have seen what a card like that can do for themes inside umitaurus in water. Meta relevant, probably not, but a Beast Rising on this will make it pretty scary :P Mystic swordmans, lv2 is decent I suppose but too small, while lv4 is very slow but has decent status. Why anyone would use lv6 though is beyond my understanding. The rest of the rares are basically either cheezy boss monsters which require too much set up, while the lv4's are 1800 attack monsters, so good for new players who need beatsticks. The odd card out is probably peten, he's good for decks trying to thin out there decks, so perhaps in farming decks, plasma control or tribute summon decks he will be good. If dakini didn't have piercing it would be a amazing counter. 

N - Nothing worth noting, they're all pretty terrible. You could run a snow monster deck to try and get out dragon, but big wave small wave seems just better for that purpose? If cyber angels were not a deck, flip-flop control would gain a amazing card in swarm of crows, decent defense and attacks the opponent's hand, and I would even perhaps run it as just a general defense card in some other decks maybe.  It's the best normal card in this set for sure.

Edited by dexer008
  • Upvote 1

+mark    3002

Question is after you've negated dakini for a turn, how are you getting over it in yours?

mirror Wall Metalmorph come to mind but the first only works if they attack into it, while they can banish angel from grave to protect from the 2nd

if you cant clear dakini, negating it a turn means nothing. Flood gate at least permanently turns it off, at the cost of having to send a monster once 

So your engine needs ways to clear a 2700 / 3700 guy without destroying it 

i didnt mention dmoc because I think post erreta there's not much to talk about 

dexer008    801

Oh t's still very cancerous yes, the problem with this deck is mainly 2 parts, dakini in a sense, but the major thing is the ritual spell. Currently in duel links there are only real 3 counters to this card, soul exchange, enemy controller, and lava golem if you can survive a push. 2-3 of those options though mean you can't end them that turn, so really enemy controller is the only way to try and deal with her. 

I still think chalice does a number on the deck though, for starters like I mentioned it can stop searchers, and dakini can't search in the end phase to try and re-occur resources, also it stops the opponent's rituals from dealing piercing on the monster you saved. This could be ideal if your set is something like hane-hane, gale lizard or guardian statue, who can also bounce her, as this is another way to deal with her. 

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002

Lava golem doesn't really out it since you now have to deal with the 3k body, unless it you're on a stall deck or something 

Oh crap I just realized Wall of disruption is permanent, that's pretty sick

• Upvote 1

+mark    3002

That blocks the dakini + senju/Bird OTK and puts them both at -1600, that's broken

• Upvote 1

Zeppelin    59

Yeah I think the best card in the set is wall of disruption. It's a big boost for control decks. 

The question is do we apply the "Mark" effect to this box? Spend your gems or not to spend your gems? Nothing in here really benefits the cyber angel deck which will remain the best deck. 

I think chalice is a cool tech but I still believe econ is better as it gets rid of the problem if they get greedy. 

Edited by Zeppelin
  • Upvote 1

+mark    3002

Assuming you can make KoG, there's no reason to rush into it, unless if you're at 9999 gems and saved the additional gems in your mail box for a month and need to buy something before they expire: in which case I think it's between the Floodgate set or this set 

• Upvote 1

Zeppelin    59
14 minutes ago, mark said:

Assuming you can make KoG, there's no reason to rush into it, unless if you're at 9999 gems and saved the additional gems in your mail box for a month and need to buy something before they expire: in which case I think it's between the Floodgate set or this set 

You can only get a max of 9999 gems? And they expire?