ACP

LackeyDGZ General Discussion

+ACP+    34067

Anything about your experiences playing the software can be posted here (ie along the same lines as the Dueling Network discussion thread that we used to have).

+ACP+    34067

I also figured this would be a good place to mention that if you're looking for people to play, join our discord channel: https://discord.gg/jQJRqn2

We have a room called #findyugiohgames where you can post that you're looking to play a LackeyDGZ game and set up games with other people.

+ACP+    34067

Played a game with @Berdversary today. Got completely destroyed by metalfoes. Yugioh is hard after not playing for a year.

+ACP+    34067

Just got done playing goats with @Exiled. I won 2-1 cuz I'm a master etc.

• Upvote 1

Jazz    4764

Isn't this more of an updated yugioh plugin with new cards? It feels the exact same as the old Lackey. I hate to be a cynic but if I wasn't using Lackey for Goat Format before what is supposed to make me want to use it now?

Also not being able to sort your deck on M/S/T is still a problem.

+ACP+    34067

There are some aesthetic changes that were made to make it feel more like Yugioh. Background with zones was added. The chat shortcuts are more Yugioh related. Some redundant functionality was removed. "Spawn Card" was changed to "Create Token." I could go on.

It's currently the only bug-free manual Yugioh simulator. You don't exactly have a lot of options. If you don't like something or want to know how to do something, feel free to let me know. Saying "why should I use this sim" is a vague question that I can't answer in any other way than "it is bug free and has more features than any other manual yugioh simulator ever created."

It will someday be possible to sort the deck by monsters/spells/traps. It's a feature that I'm plan to work on. Realize that things are moving slowly because literally no one on this site including my own staff is willing to help me out in this department. If you have any other features to suggest, use the feature request thread. Because of the unlimited possibilities of the software, I can create almost any feature that I want, but it takes time.

+greasy thug    19083
17 hours ago, ACP said:

Just got done playing goats with @Exiled. I won 2-1 cuz I'm a master etc.

Yugioh is the worst etc 

Zayelion    96

This thing pop out the womb complete and in battle armor, whats it based on? Also good job on launch.

• Upvote 1

+ACP+    34067

It's based off the old lackeyCCG yugioh plugin from 3.5 years ago. I changed a few things, and I'm still working on changing more.

+ACP+    34067
On 1/29/2017 at 3:28 PM, Jazz said:

Also not being able to sort your deck on M/S/T is still a problem.

This will hopefully be resolved by the end of today (ideally within a couple of hours). Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• Upvote 1

Jazz    4764
59 minutes ago, ACP said:

This will hopefully be resolved by the end of today (ideally within a couple of hours). Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Wow that's really great. Thanks Allen.

+Gojira    1738

Had some good games and nice memes with Allen.

I don't know about yugioh itself, but I'm liking where the program is at. I have barely used it, and the actions already take less time than DN.

• Upvote 1

+greasy thug    19083

Only thing I don't like is you have to jump hoops just to see your opponents cards despite that being part of lackeys design

+Gojira    1738
38 minutes ago, Exiled said:

Only thing I don't like is you have to jump hoops just to see your opponents cards despite that being part of lackeys design

how so? Cards in any revealed field can be seen with one click.

• Upvote 1

+ACP+    34067

Yeah, I don't really understand what you're saying @Exiled.

+greasy thug    19083
40 minutes ago, Gojira said:

how so? Cards in any revealed field can be seen with one click.

3 minutes ago, ACP said:

Yeah, I don't really understand what you're saying @Exiled.

I meany switching the tab on the top left area to the opponents name then clicking graveyard/banished to see what they have

i know I don't make sense sometimes

+ACP+    34067

There's actually a way to see both your cards and your opponents cards at the same time, which makes it easier if you're constantly trying to scan both player's graveyards or something.

When you're in game, click the plus button in the upper-right corner of the screen. It opens up a second panel of zones. You can set the buttom panel to be your cards and the right panel to be your opponent's cards, that way you can see both.

I might need to make a video/screenshots later if you guys don't understand what I mean.

• Upvote 1

+Gojira    1738
23 minutes ago, 2k16! said:

how many people play this? i use lackey for some other games

e: are old formats specifically very popular?

It's still very new, but people here have been playing current and goat format mainly.

+ACP+    34067

Once we start warring again I imagine that things will get better.

NB96    806

Do people still use this or is everybody waiting on DuelingBook to return?

+Satchmo    3226

People were waiting on Duelingbook, but Duelingbook won't last forever, at some point they'll transistion back

+ACP+    34067
5 hours ago, NB96 said:

Do people still use this or is everybody waiting on DuelingBook to return?

I'm not a mind-reader, so I don't know what people's plans are. I do plan on keeping LackeyDGZ up to date, though.

Realize that clearly the owner of DB doesn't know what's he doing if he still hasn't been able to keep a server stable for more than a few hours. The longer that he waits to bring it up, the more time that just gives NAS to send him a C&D, which we already know that they will. So there's a good chance that DB is going to be short-lived.

One of the advantages of playing Yugioh on a plugin-based program like Lackey is that it is structured in such a way that we are not breaking any laws. Lackey is perfectly legal, and a list of Yugioh images being stored on a remote server is also legal (see yugioh.wikia for example).