• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
ACP

January 2017 will be the first time in 18 months...

110 posts in this topic

I've made a quick estimation (looking at the number of pages in each mafia thread that started in January), assuming 25 posts per page, I got 309 full pages so that's 7725 posts of mafia. Note that this didn't take into account the last page of each thread (because they're under 25), took the first few days of februari as well, but I also didn't take the first few days of January, or any post made in a thread that started in december but ended in january (such as multi mafia). I think it's safe to conclude that at least 3/4th of the posts is from mafia. I also think it's safe to conclude this says nothing, because people literally double post 16 times, make one-liners etc, any post made by Pharaoh Atem includes more text and time spent than about 20 pages of mafia together but it would still count as only 1 post, but that doesn't take away that the mafia forum is very active atm. 

For what it's worth, our Alexa rating has gone up also gone up significantly as of late. This measures the actual popularity of the site (mostly by unique views per day) and isn't affected by quad posts in mafia or whatever. Not to take anything away from the mafia players, but you can't explain our rise in activity by "it's all mafia."

I would attribute it to a few factors, in no particular order:

1. Mafia

2. Death of DN+DNF

3. Board upgrade is really, really nice

4. Discord channel keeps people linked into dgz

5. Modding has been solid

6. We've had some pretty hilarious smashes recently

And I expect LackeyDGZ to boost the site even further. Hell we may even start having ygo tournaments / warring again. Wouldn't that be cool?

On 2/3/2017 at 11:40 AM, ACP said:

For what it's worth, our Alexa rating has gone up also gone up significantly as of late. This measures the actual popularity of the site (mostly by unique views per day) and isn't affected by quad posts in mafia or whatever. Not to take anything away from the mafia players, but you can't explain our rise in activity by "it's all mafia."

I mean have the alexa ratings increase translated into new members? Mafia can definitely be used as an explanation for unique views as we have advertised our games on multiple forums in an effort to attract new players It wouldn't be surprising to see someone following games to get a feel for whether or not they want to join the community. 

3 minutes ago, Francis J Underwood said:

I mean have the alexa ratings increase translated into new members? Mafia can definitely be used as an explanation for unique views as we have advertised our games on multiple forums in an effort to attract new players It wouldn't be surprising to see someone following games to get a feel for whether or not they want to join the community. 

Yeah mafia probably helped a little in that department, but I don't think that's all of it is what I'm saying.

Just change the site name to mafiagroundz and have yugioh on the side

3 hours ago, iSlickz said:

Just change the site name to mafiagroundz and have yugioh on the side

Am I fucking right?