Digbick

Duelingbook

»Junior Bucks    161

Digbick    7271

guess ill update op then

»Satchmo    3224

Satchmo is account name, for as long as this lasts

+Gemstone Mine    2731

so basically they have the exact same problem as last time, only now instead of admitting that their servers blow they are hiding behind user limits while their servers blow

eh, I guess anything to make sure people realize it's legit

NB96    860

My new account name is just NB96 not DGz NB96. Not that it matters because I can't get on

mark    3105

Has anyone even played a duel on this site since it's 'up'? I only get the connecting page + the 'you're so welcome/do whatever you feel like' garbage whenever I check. 

HCF    0

I managed to get in very briefly, before it disconnected. Had enough time to start a single and everything seemed pretty functional. I haven't been able to get back in since. User limit looks to be at least 164 (http://i.imgur.com/a2RBP7R.png) . 

Alyxander    10

I also managed to get on for a while today. Everything seems fairly basic to use and it's working well for the most part. 

I used the 'Import Deck' function to import my deck from YGOPro and that worked perfectly.

Same with the 'Export Deck' function. It created a fully typed Konami deck list with no errors that I could see from the small glance I had at it. 

The only problem I've had so far is that in game three of my first match my extra deck vanished. It was only an issue on my end though apparently because my opponent could still see it on his screen. It was probably just a small server issue since I got disconnected about 20 seconds after I noticed that my extra deck was gone. 

http://imgur.com/a/RjKj5

»Satchmo    3224
On 2/25/2017 at 2:05 AM, Bazaar of Baghdad said:

Who ever would've guessed that countries that don't respect copyright law don't have the best servers available for rent?

I'm pretty sure Xteven is american

Edit: nvm I'm retarded, not that this matters

+Urthor    10234
On 2017-2-25 at 7:05 PM, Bazaar of Baghdad said:

Who ever would've guessed that countries that don't respect copyright law don't have the best servers available for rent?

a) Server's ironically in Canada, and b) you don't need a very wiz supercomputer to run Dueling Network/Dueling Book, you just need to front up the dough.  Which is the important part that Xteven (the canadian) isn't doing.

Zayelion    97

Its not just about money it also has to do with the way the software is written. If it is written poorly in the way it manages resources it is going to be expensive. None of this stuff is really easy though. I've seen half of all the sims explode quite spectacularly in the last month.

NB96    860

Hey I got in someone add me to group chat username NB96

SfrsvHB.png

• Upvote 1

Zayelion    97

You would think he would enhance that mental oxygen depriving chat box. How hard is it to stick a <censored> resize button on something. From what I've seen thats the only thing I dislike about the design.

<deep breath>

I'm getting the feeling this is being run off someones personal PC and not a actual server.

»Junior Bucks    161
37 minutes ago, Zayelion said:

You would think he would enhance that mental oxygen depriving chat box. How hard is it to stick a <censored> resize button on something. From what I've seen thats the only thing I dislike about the design.

<deep breath>

I'm getting the feeling this is being run off someones personal PC and not a actual server.

That last statement seems to be true as of now. Only comes up around 8-11pm and is up for about 30 mins-3hrs. Yesterday was the longest the site was up. 

if that is true however, what are the differences, Im not so tech savvy when it comes to servers in general

Zayelion    97
1 minute ago, Junior Bucks said:

That last statement seems to be true as of now. Only comes up around 8-11pm and is up for about 30 mins-3hrs. Yesterday was the longest the site was up. 

if that is true however, what are the differences, Im not so tech savvy when it comes to servers in general

That and how many connections it can hold. I have a hard time believing the server is that sloppily written. Also it might provide a "small" amount of protection from a C&D to "own" the server. 

»Junior Bucks    161
Just now, Zayelion said:

That and how many connections it can hold. I have a hard time believing the server is that sloppily written. Also it might provide a "small" amount of protection from a C&D to "own" the server. 

So This is there to plan to dodge the C/D more than likely, also if it can only hold 300 people, then it might not be worth the hype received. Only time can tell, ill continue support them and give them benefit of the doubt.

Zayelion    97

I think its in the same boat the rest of the sims are in. A 85% completed state where the true nightmares are now under the covers are people can largely duel with it but there is something turning people off to it. Also if this thing is only on about 2hrs a night I think that is how long per night he is working on it. Approximately the same for me, but I have a team so the total hours worked is a little higher.

Never underestimate the nostalgia factor in this community. If DB looked completely different no one would be using it at the moment.

• Upvote 5

ACP    33419
1 hour ago, Zayelion said:

Never underestimate the nostalgia factor in this community. If DB looked completely different no one would be using it at the moment.

Couldn't agree more with this.

• Upvote 4

Exiro    1

Why not make it open-source so that we can host our own servers? It'd be in line with your philosophy of letting people do whatever the heck they want.

Zayelion    97
1 hour ago, Exiro said:

Why not make it open-source so that we can host our own servers? It'd be in line with your philosophy of letting people do whatever the heck they want.

Who?